Plane skids off runway at LaGuardia

Glenn Quagmire said:
They are nice to work on. But those damn fasteners. Somebody's brother in France must own that Torque-set patent.
agreed. 
I don't mind them as much if you have regular the ones that have threads on them. 

but that stupid damn locking fastener......I hate those things. The bins are full of them. The body panels are full of them..... 

and of course to many people try to use a screw gun on the them (which airbus says NOT to do). 

US had the same issue when the first A330 came into CLT heavy for its annual HMV, plus the bits kept breaking and they had to wait several days for bits to get the seats unfastened.

Reactions: 1 person
Not to mention some people just try jamming a Phillips bit in there and strip them out. I was never a fan of the wing to body panels or cargo pit panels on those planes.

700UW said:
US had the same issue when the first A330 came into CLT heavy for its annual HMV, plus the bits kept breaking and they had to wait several days for bits to get the seats unfastened.
Very easy to break the bits. 

We have more of a problem getting the fasteners themselves more so than the bits. (tool room have plenty) 

blue collar said:
Not to mention some people just try jamming a Phillips bit in there and strip them out. I was never a fan of the wing to body panels or cargo pit panels on those planes.
have seen that plenty of times too. 

WorldTraveler said:
so, dawg, any word on the disposition of the aircraft?  has it been released by the NTSB?
Er.... 
No comment. 

All i can say is wait for what Delta has to say. Sorry can't post that kinda stuff. (but FWIW I know very little so its not like I am hiding a lot) 

I give credit for being smart enough to know what to say and what not to say.

and since he followed up with "I really don't know anyway" that's enough.

as usual, a.net is usually the source where rumors can be found and confirmed.

topDawg said:
Er.... 
No comment. 

All i can say is wait for what Delta has to say. Sorry can't post that kinda stuff. (but FWIW I know very little so its not like I am hiding a lot) 

Kev3188 said:
Nice of him to get you to try, though, no?

Yeah, in his imagination you were probably 1 phone call away from getting fired :rolleyes: with all the other blatant company violations you're guilty of :p

Reactions: 3 people
only in the fear of the minds of people who aren't willing to live with their own choices. 

I'm not making any calls regarding any specific people.

I am proposing that DL treat its non-union employees who think they can get better while trashing what the company offers by the standards that those employees actually believe DL operates on, not what exists in reality.

WorldTraveler said:
I am proposing that DL treat its non-union employees who think they can get better while trashing what the company offers by the standards that those employees actually believe DL operates on, not what exists in reality.

Seek some help dude.

Reactions: 5 people
WorldTraveler said:

Kind of like you did with posts such as this, huh?

WorldTraveler said:
AA's pilots in the LIT accident "panicked" because of the lack of spoiler deployment... did DL's pilots do the same even though they apparently made a textbook approach and configuration of the aircraft for landing.

Your ignorance is painful.  The money quote is your reference to aircraft "configuration" in a pathetic effort to appear knowledgeable.  It is clear that you do not even understand what the term entails, though we can no doubt look forward to some fake follow up gibberish after you have googled it.  Btw, while educating yourself on aircraft configuration, don't miss DAL 1141 and NWA 255.

The pointless reference to Little Rock is no surprise and in keeping with your previous disgusting attempt to tweak AA employees over an incident where several flight attendants were injured, all the while feigning concern over their well being.  Well done, Reverend.

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/57980-what-happened-with-aa-icn-dfw/

What a vile individual.

"Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not."
Beadle, E. R.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:

as usual, a.net is usually the source where rumors can be found and confirmed.
Oh you mean the site that kicked you off and banned you?

Reactions: 4 people
Guys, using the "ignore" feature does wonders.  Makes for a much, much more pleasant and enjoyable reading of the forums...

Reactions: 2 people
I agree.

mature people embrace diverse ideas. 

mature people can deal with opposition.

btw. when someone can show me a ruling from the NTSB that the DL pilots did not configure the aircraft properly for landing, let me know.