Planes, trains and automobiles

Necrophilias

Senior
Mar 7, 2006
Travel Q&A

Since breaking fellowship with NW I've been exploring options each time that I travel. This time I'm doing something new. Chicago/St Paul on Amtrak. It will take more time but I haven't traveled by train since childhood. We'll see how this goes.

So far I've found that using a different airline to a West Coast gateway then flying on EVA to Asia is a better way to go. EVA is great to business travelers and I can avoid my least favorite airport...NARITA.

As for my six figures of Worldperks miles, I don't want to fly on NW so they are of little use to me. I'll likely donate those miles to a charity.

I don't like the way NW deals with business travlers, employees or shareholders. Life without NW feels good.

well unfortunately, the company isn't providing enough service tools (or options) to their frontline employees.
It's interesting to see how people are creating their own enviroment to provide the best service they can by improvising since ultimately it is reflection of self.

I wouldn't fly on ANY Taiwanese or Chinese carriers if I were you.....

Honestly, what more better way to travel than doing some cross country driving and exploring this beautiful country of ours? Sure it saves time to fly but during the summer I love to do cross country driving.

well unfortunately, the company isn't providing enough service tools (or options) to their frontline employees.
It's interesting to see how people are creating their own enviroment to provide the best service they can by improvising since ultimately it is reflection of self.

I wouldn't fly on ANY Taiwanese or Chinese carriers if I were you.....

Honestly, what more better way to travel than doing some cross country driving and exploring this beautiful country of ours? Sure it saves time to fly but during the summer I love to do cross country driving.

Unlike China Airlines (also Taiwan based) Eva has a good safety history. Eva has a modern fleet of 747-400s and beau ceau pilots from the USA. Their products include Economy Deluxe (large seat in coach class) and a sterling business class. The crews are the most accomodating that I have ever met. I research airline saftey records on a regular basis. EVA is good.

Another note about my Amtrak trip, we're going to have a poker game onboard. COOL!

I don't blame NW frontline employees for the many problems at NW. As I stated above, NW execs have to do better dealing with employees and business travelers.

Fly on NW? I'd rather have a root canal.

Back