Pledge of Allegiance dispute results in Md. teacher having to apologize.

Exercising ones constitutional rights should never be a matter of convenience. One should never have to question whether it is a good idea or not.

But at the same time realize it might not be the best time and place to exercise them.

So goody two shoes jumps up in the middle of some left wing rally and screams "Bush was right, Bush was right" exercising his right to free speech and gets his butt kicked . One should never have to question whether it is a good idea or not.

I see your point.

cat_punching-13074.jpg

But at the same time realize it might not be the best time and place to exercise them.

So goody two shoes jumps up in the middle of some left wing rally and screams "Bush was right, Bush was right" exercising his right to free speech and gets his butt kicked . One should never have to question whether it is a good idea or not.

I see your point.

cat_punching-13074.jpg

Then who ever does the butt kicking should go to jail. A student in school should not have to be concerned about their safety or being ridiculed for exercising their constitutional rights. Especially in a school. It is supposed to be an institution for learning. The more I think about this the angrier I am at the teacher. This is a basic freedom. It's what the US is all about. The fact that she/he did this is just freaking amazing. This was an opportunity to learn and the teacher just flushed it down the tube.

Every time and anytime should be the time to exercise ones rights. I do see your point as well. Me going to a public KKK rally might not be advisable. I do not think a school should be a place where you have to think twice about exercising your rights though.

Dell and I were discussing whether or not it was appropriate to exercise ones constitutional rights or not. How exactly did your comment contributed what to the argument, or did you just have to say something?

2 fer. You just had to say something again and there by acknowledging that I am not a fool. :lol:

Why you had to stick your nose into a discussion that Dell and I were having just to say your not interested is beyond me. I guess you really did just need to say something.

Back