Poor Customer Service on a Premium Flight--Comments Please

Once the merger happened and AA's agents unionized, any remaining customer service on the ground went in the toilet.

People love flying on Delta. Delta's agents are legendary for service. And they're fiercely non-union.

I agree E, but if you looked at every agent/customer interaction for positive or negative response from agent, I would be willing to bet that the winner would be Southwest, and they are the most unionized company in the industry including the agents.

All depends on how the employee is treated by his/her management. I got constant positive feedback from my Flight Service Manager, or FSM (AA's title for first line supervisor of flight attendants) because he then she were constantly getting letters, emails, and calls complimenting me for my service on the airplane. Flight attendant is not a hard job. It's a tiring job, but not hard to do. But, relations between the flight attendants and the company have continued to sour for reasons I never exactly understood. As much as I enjoyed being a flight attendant, I'm glad I retired when I did.

P.S The he/she is for the fact that my FSM changed constantly because of promotions in their ranks. Sometimes the new person was male, sometimes female. All of the ones I had were super.

Reactions: swamt

Latest posts