Possible Aircraft Lease Return

justaumechanic

Veteran
Dec 15, 2003
There is some information floating around that the leasing company that holds the lease on 15 HF equiped 757's wants them back. US Airways management in a scramble to try and figure out how to activate the non overwater 757's..

Seems this leasing company has a home for them. Look for a section 1110 filing.

Now the rumor that goes with this is that the carrier that wants them is America West Airlines..

The ALPA MEC was told before bankrputcy that without a deal this could happen and the RC4 ignored the advisors and Bruce Lakefield.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
The ALPA MEC was told before bankrputcy that without a deal this could happen and the RC4 ignored the advisors and Bruce Lakefield.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="187177"][/post]​

You said it was A330's last month. C'mon pick a plane, any plane.

Plus, Lakefield said that even if the pilots had agreed to concessions that chapter 11 WOULD NOT have been avoided. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story....

And the TA that 320 wants to vote for has no fragmentation rights, as we now have in our contract, to allow pilots to go with planes that are sold.

Yet, he still wants to vote for it. Vote to put his fellow pilot on the street once again. Maybe even vote to put himself on the street. Tell me, how can we (the majority represented by the brave 4 men) allow this kind of mindset to vote on this TA.

Answer: We can't.

mr

justaumechanic said:
There is some information floating around that the leasing company that holds the lease on 15 HF equiped 757's wants them back. US Airways management in a scramble to try and figure out how to activate the non overwater 757's..

Seems this leasing company has a home for them. Look for a section 1110 filing.

Now the rumor that goes with this is that the carrier that wants them is America West Airlines..
[post="187042"][/post]​

SpinDoc replies:

What's the problem with the B757? It's a great aircraft with
B737 economics. Boeing even marketed the plane as such.
The B757 is a stretched version of the 737 with a new wing
and tail. At one point, it was shown that any seats sold on
a 757 over the number that made money on the 737 was
gravy. And the engines on the 757 are overpowered.
With the Rolls engines, the B757 has more power to weight
than a 4 engined 747. US missed the boat. They should have
ordered 50 or more B757's plus several 757-300's for
Transatlantic and Carribbean service. Bunch of idiots
making the fleet planning decisions if you asked me.

SpinDoc said:
SpinDoc replies:

What's the problem with the B757? It's a great aircraft with
B737 economics. Boeing even marketed the plane as such.
The B757 is a stretched version of the 737 with a new wing
and tail. At one point, it was shown that any seats sold on
a 757 over the number that made money on the 737 was
gravy. And the engines on the 757 are overpowered.
With the Rolls engines, the B757 has more power to weight
than a 4 engined 747. US missed the boat. They should have
ordered 50 or more B757's plus several 757-300's for
Transatlantic and Carribbean service. Bunch of idiots
making the fleet planning decisions if you asked me.
[post="187420"][/post]​

While I love the 757, that leaves me wondering why the 737 is still selling like mad and the 757 line is now closed. Maybe better econ than a 737-200 or even a 300, but I've got to wonder about the 700 with it's dime a dozen CFM's. If you continue to make the lease payments, they can't take them.

These guys are the biggest cowards to ever get into office. Just saying no is the easy way out, and far from the best path for the pilots to take.

Gee, I wonder why there was 71 against the RC4. and 2 supporting them....

Yea, the majority all right, they are COWARDS...stand up in front of the pilots and tell them what tough choices are ahead. Kinda like the other 8 MEC members and Officers (Ya know, the majority).

mwereplanes said:
the majority represented by the brave 4 men...

mr
[post="187209"][/post]​

Apparently you do not understand what majority means.

Nor do you understand the ALPA constitution and by-laws.

DELETED

mr

EyeInTheSky said:
You said it was A330's last month. C'mon pick a plane, any plane.
[post="187180"][/post]​

It wasn't that long ago he was saying we were going to take UAL's 757s! What happened to that prophecy O! USA320Pilot! Seer of all things future. Ignorer of all mistaken predictions past!

Back