Pre-Tax Income of $1.2 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
xUT said:
Reading is fundamental.
You and WeAAzy might want to take a junior college class to get up to speed. :LOL:
Actually my biggest problem probably is that I read too much. As George Carlin used to say:

"They don't want a population of educated critical thinkers"

The real owners that is.

FWAAA said:
I'm not trying to beat up on you, personally, but see, that's the thing; members of strong unions don't fret about the individuals hired by management to negotiate against their union because it simply doesn't matter.

Members of impotent, useless unions, on the other hand, complain about management hiring the likes of Jerry Glass/Weel/Brundage, etc. Why? Because the impotent, useless leaders of their impotent, useless unions offer it up as yet another excuse. And members buy into their endless excuses. "We'd do better for you if management wasn't so unfair in hiring such effective negotiators." See how ludicrous that sounds? Your union is admitting that its success hinges on management hiring weak, impotent, ineffective negotiators to represent the company.

Because I know that my union negotiates effectively on my behalf, I couldn't care less which union-busting big-shot is hired by management. And my union has never tried to make excuses by claiming "management is unfair because there's no way we can counter their big-name hired guns." My union leadership would be back on the floor in a minute if they said anything that stupid.
Not taking it personally at all FWAAA, as a matter of fact, I respect both your knowledge and opinions/facts.
But, I am personally directing mine at Weel. Met the man one time and he acted as though I was a homeless person from under a bridge.
Half ass listened while we were talking, and completely ignored me and started talking with someone else when they approached.
Of course I was in my Fleet uniform and they had a tie choking them. Parlay that with Weel acting like he was doing us a huge favor when we received our prefunding monies right before Christmas a few years back. It came a little earlier than the 120 day time frame and he wanted all the thank you's directed his way. And finally, the guy has such a talent for spinning (with a smile on his face I might add) that it makes it totally useless to ask him a question or try and obtain any truthful info from him...No FWAAA, not a fan of Weel.

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
No excuses. But everyone on this page should know by now who you are a part of and the people you support.

You're a part of the OLD AA management team. The one that didn't want the merger. The one that absolutely no doubt if they had gotten their way would have had us all locked in to Bankruptcy contracts that would not have expired till 2018.
Yeah, not quite. You got it just about about as wrong as you possibly could.

I'm probably the only former AA management person to spend any time on these boards, and I was a L5 when I left 10 years ago. There were a few others who used to read, but rarely posted. They're all gone now from the boards.

FWAAA, OTOH, is a long time customer of AA, and fairly well known on other forums as such.

To try and insinuate he's a former VP from Horton or even Arpey's management team just makes you look even more clueless than your subsequent responses.

And anyone who bothers to pay attention would know that FWAAA is a union member.

Reactions: 7 people
AANOTOK said:
Not taking it personally at all FWAAA, as a matter of fact, I respect both your knowledge and opinions/facts.
But, I am personally directing mine at Weel. Met the man one time and he acted as though I was a homeless person from under a bridge.
Half ass listened while we were talking, and completely ignored me and started talking with someone else when they approached.
Of course I was in my Fleet uniform and they had a tie choking them. Parlay that with Weel acting like he was doing us a huge favor when we received our prefunding monies right before Christmas a few years back. It came a little earlier than the 120 day time frame and he wanted all the thank you's directed his way. And finally, the guy has such a talent for spinning (with a smile on his face I might add) that it makes it totally useless to ask him a question or try and obtain any truthful info from him...No FWAAA, not a fan of Weel.
Actually my only personal dealings with Weel was in that roadshow meeting and our conversation after it. To me I found him to be civil and intelligent personally.

And to honestly give the man credit from many Union people I've talked to there are multiple good stories of dealings with the man.

I think for the most part from those stories I've heard he's a fair man. And also probably why he's still at AA?

Worldport said:
I thought I did very well in your word association game sure drove you off. Now you're hanging around junior colleges too?Man you get around, creepy. This new bathroom law is taking all the fun out of it for you isn't it
You are an ID-10T.
You prove it with every post.
Keep looking scumbag, you may find something. :LOL:
B) xUT

Reactions: 8 people
eolesen said:

I'm probably the only former AA management person to spend any time on these boards, and I was a L5 when I left 10 years ago. There were a few others who used to read, but rarely posted. They're all gone now from the boards.

FWAAA, OTOH, is a long time customer of AA, and fairly well known on other forums as such.

To try and insinuate he's a former VP from Horton or even Arpey's management team just makes you look even more clueless than your subsequent responses.

And anyone who bothers to pay attention would know that FWAAA is a union member.
Go away, facts and logic are not welcome here... :p

Reactions: 5 people
Worldport said:
So you think using the former VP of employee relations who the unions despised is a good way to turn employee relations around? Forget about your hatred for the unions for a minute
Negotiations aren't about turning employee relations around --- it's about finding a mutually beneficial agreement, and that means knowing where the bodies are buried.

From the company's perspective, it's important to have someone at the table who has already played and won against the other side.

That's the perennial mistake that the TWU has made -- not hiring professionals to negotiate, and instead relying on laymen to try and compete with MBA's and people who have spent their entire careers fighting to get the most advantageous contracts for the company that they could.

WeAAsles said:
There are also others in there besides Glass and Weel. It would be nice to know who all of the negotiators are for the company to maybe do a little research on what positions they've held are?
Uh, isn't it the union's job to know who they're up against at the table?

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:

E, I have ZERO issue with you and from the most part our conversations have been pretty enlightening and I learn things from you where many years back I didn't listen to you and learn the business side of things.

If you're vouching that he is just a customer unhappy about the unions and the direction that AA took with Parker and company, I'll believe you. And of course a customer has the right to be critical.

But I very much doubt that any customer is too concerned about me or the people I work with making our choice. And I can understand your loyalty more for the people you worked with than these people who came in and took over. I'm sure in your position I'd probably feel the same way. 

We come from opposite sides of the fence on this one though and I'm sorry if it bothers you but no, those people did not impress me for the most part.

Reactions: 1 person
xUT said:
You are an ID-10T.
You prove it with every post.
Keep looking scumbag, you may find something. :lol:
B) xUT
Man you're so easy to annoy, go back to you're word association and comic books you're getting too upset

eolesen said:
I'm sure that they have and then some. I said that "I" don't know who all of the people in the room are for the company?

Believe it or not just never even thought about it till now.

eolesen said:
Negotiations aren't about turning employee relations around --- it's about finding a mutually beneficial agreement, and that means knowing where the bodies are buried.

From the company's perspective, it's important to have someone at the table who has already played and won against the other side.

That's the perennial mistake that the TWU has made -- not hiring professionals to negotiate, and instead relying on laymen to try and compete with MBA's and people who have spent their entire careers fighting to get the most advantageous contracts for the company that they could.

I agree I rather my dues money to be spent on professional negotiators but leave negotiations out for a second. Employee relations as a whole, is it good for a company to bring back somebody who the unions hate?

eolesen said:

Normally I'd say that I have to agree with this comment from you. But let me ask in the same vein how I'm not sure about all of the people who are in the room for the company side and what their degrees are? 

Do you know THIS TIME who the people are that the Unions are using to advise them? Do you know how much money the TWU alone has set aside for these talks? (I do but not saying)

WeAAsles said:
More cursing? Goodness people are angry today.
Weez he's no match, he's not even fun. I could see him running to the moderators at any time. Is he just a troll or a loser with no friends with nothing better to do?

eolesen said:

Traditionally the Mechanics representative has relied on the local Farmers COOP or the Camouflaged leadership to stand toe to toe against the companies negotiators. I cannot recall that representative ever using  Labor Lawyers, instead relying on the representatives regular retained lawyers that might be adequate in a general sense, but not specialized labor lawyers. 

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.