Pre-Tax Income of $1.2 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck said:
Traditionally the Mechanics representative has relied on the local Farmers COOP or the Camouflaged leadership to stand toe to toe against the companies negotiators. I cannot recall that representative ever using  Labor Lawyers, instead relying on the representatives regular retained lawyers that might be adequate in a general sense, but not specialized labor lawyers.

Have you gone to your local Union meeting and maybe try to find out who the people that they're using this time are for both sides? Labor experts, Lawyers and Economists.

All readily available at our negotiators disposal.

And actually if you looked at the International LM2 for last year you would see some of the firms listed.

WeAAsles said:
E, I have ZERO issue with you and from the most part our conversations have been pretty enlightening and I learn things from you where many years back I didn't listen to you and learn the business side of things.

If you're vouching that he is just a customer unhappy about the unions and the direction that AA took with Parker and company, I'll believe you. And of course a customer has the right to be critical.

But I very much doubt that any customer is too concerned about me or the people I work with making our choice. And I can understand your loyalty more for the people you worked with than these people who came in and took over. I'm sure in your position I'd probably feel the same way. 

We come from opposite sides of the fence on this one though and I'm sorry if it bothers you but no, those people did not impress me for the most part.
 I guess the man has no reason to lie and he is usually informative  but why would a customer passionately care about our union? Why would he be borderline obsessed with our company and who runs it? Am I being inconsiderate should I take more of an interest in Macys?

Worldport said:
I guess the man has no reason to lie and he is usually informative  but why would a customer passionately care about our union? Why would he be borderline obsessed with our company and who runs it? Am I being inconsiderate should I take more of an interest in Macys?
Maybe he bought a lot of shares in the enterprise and doesn't like the current value of his portfolio? But if he was an AAMRQ holder and AA had emerged without the merger those shares would have been wiped out and worthless IMO.

And I don't care for the direction of those shares currently either but I'm in this for the long haul anyway.

WeAAsles said:
Maybe he bought a lot of shares in the enterprise and doesn't like the current value of his portfolio? But if he was an AAMRQ holder and AA had emerged without the merger those shares would have been wiped out and worthless IMO.

And I don't care for the direction of those shares currently either but I'm in this for the long haul anyway.
Nope, he complains more about the officers and unions then the stock price. Think of something else. I don't think I ever read him complain about on time performance or missed bags or cancelled flights. I don't know???

Worldport said:
Nope, he complains more about the officers and unions then the stock price. Think of something else. I don't think I ever read him complain about on time performance or missed bags or cancelled flights. I don't know???
True and good points.

xUT said:
I simply (as in simple) LOVE the razzle dazzle Unionistas run when they have nothing else to bloviate their agenda.

:p

You have no ability to actually converse about the subject do you? This is why sometimes people like myself and Worlport start making jokes on this page. It's full of just useless people sometimes.

Angry, emotional, uneducated, confrontational. Just silly individuals who get a personal kick out of hoping they can get a reaction out of someone they don't even know and obviously either can't or don't want to debate.

This nonsense is all you've been doing on here for a long time now. Pretty pathetic actually.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
You have no ability to actually converse about the subject do you? This is why sometimes people like myself and Worlport start making jokes on this page. It's full of just useless people sometimes.

Angry, emotional, uneducated, confrontational. Just silly individuals who get a personal kick out of hoping they can get a reaction out of someone they don't even know and obviously either can't or don't want to debate.

This nonsense is all you've been doing on here for a long time now. Pretty pathetic actually.
:p

Reactions: 2 people
FWAAA said:
I'm not trying to beat up on you, personally, but see, that's the thing; members of strong unions don't fret about the individuals hired by management to negotiate against their union because it simply doesn't matter.Members of impotent, useless unions, on the other hand, complain about management hiring the likes of Jerry Glass/Weel/Brundage, etc. Why? Because the impotent, useless leaders of their impotent, useless unions offer it up as yet another excuse. And members buy into their endless excuses. "We'd do better for you if management wasn't so unfair in hiring such effective negotiators." See how ludicrous that sounds? Your union is admitting that its success hinges on management hiring weak, impotent, ineffective negotiators to represent the company.Because I know that my union negotiates effectively on my behalf, I couldn't care less which union-busting big-shot is hired by management. And my union has never tried to make excuses by claiming "management is unfair because there's no way we can counter their big-name hired guns." My union leadership would be back on the floor in a minute if they said anything that stupid.
An inconvenient truth...

WeAAsles said:

Now he's looking at show tunes. Who is this guy Weez? He's more sophomoric  than me and that's saying a lot.

xUT said:
Amos, that's a good handle for Worldport... Fits like a glove... :)
Amos is cool by me. Now I picture you as a camp counselor putting on a production of Chicago.

Worldport said:
Now he's looking at show tunes. Who is this guy Weez? He's more sophomoric  than me and that's saying a lot.
This is why in a lot of ways Facebook is so much better. I don't care too much for all the negative constant Fox news barrage of Obama is the Anti Christ or Mumbunga from Kenya so when I constantly see that crap in my newsfeed I just unfriend the guy. Go to a group page and and someone starts bugging you, block. Run a group page and have a member who is nothing more than an agitator, remove the guy.

But what I do like about Forums is that there are a few (small few) members on this page who are highly educated and really know what they're talking about. Like I said eolesen and FWAA are two of them. Problem is honestly lately I've been seeing more and more of those educated people drop off. They've been coming on here less and less because the circus freak show people have been taking over. 

The moderators have tried to get a handle on it but it's like a full time job. You go back a number of years on this page and it used to be a lot better at least from what I think.  

I have had numerous dealings with Glass, mostly bad as he is a union buster, go ask AMFA and the PFAA at NW. He is the concession King.

The IAM has numerous experience and dealings with him.

He had led the charge for concessions at many airlines and hid firm Ford and Harrison.

I still disagree with the company using hired guns, what is labor relations and human resources for then?

But I do have to say one thing positive about him.

When the last PMUS Section 6 negotiations they brought Gladd on at the end and he actually got it settled when they were at stalemate.

WeAAsles said:
This is why in a lot of ways Facebook is so much better. I don't care too much for all the negative constant Fox news barrage of Obama is the Anti Christ or Mumbunga from Kenya so when I constantly see that crap in my newsfeed I just unfriend the guy. Go to a group page and and someone starts bugging you, block. Run a group page and have a member who is nothing more than an agitator, remove the guy.

But what I do like about Forums is that there are a few (small few) members on this page who are highly educated and really know what they're talking about. Like I said eolesen and FWAA are two of them. Problem is honestly lately I've been seeing more and more of those educated people drop off. They've been coming on here less and less because the circus freak show people have been taking over. 

The moderators have tried to get a handle on it but it's like a full time job. You go back a number of years on this page and it used to be a lot better at least from what I think.  
Part of your freak show (me) will leave when we get a contract. The forum thing is not for me I'd rather converse with someone face to face. To be frank reading this site without the freaks is like forcing a 5 year old to watch C-Span 

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.