Profit Sharing 2018

lpbrian

Veteran
Mar 7, 2004
Anybody care to guess what this years profit sharing is going to be? Looking at DL, UA and SW, theirs will be close to what they had last year. Ours was 3% in 2016, 2% in 2017. My guess for this year? 0%. Going to be interesting to watch other airlines hand out big profit sharing checks while AA employees get nothing.

aa put aside $241 million for us last year.

this year, we're around $135 million after 3 quarters. q4 will be better than thought, due to cheaper jet fuel. i'd say we will be around $195 million for all of 2018.

probably get 1%-1.5% of your 2018 wages for next spring's check. my guess.

dl is already at $978 million after 3 quarters. southwest, $403 million i believe and ua at $252 million. i posted the running totals on jetnet. just looked the totals up.

so far in 2018:

dl-$978 million
wn-$403 million
ua-$252 million
aa-$135 million

Last edited:
Merry Christmas folks, happy to be alive...
Merry Christmas 1986, when are all your MD80s gone? American got a sweet deal on them for not suing Mc Donnell Douglas for the 1979 DC10 crash in Chicago. But then SWA bought the company that Joe Leonard ran at one time, that was in charge of American Airlines maintenance at that time. Funny how the world works, and we are all interconnected. Here is to all of us getting contracts in 2019.

Reactions: robbedagain
Airline Dealmaker Frank Lorenzo Says Doug Parker Got It Right.
Frank Lorenzo was not the most popular person in the history of the airline industry. He was perhaps the most unpopular.

But in hindsight, Lorenzo shaped the industry as very few people have done. He was the first to use bankruptcy to restructure an airline; now bankruptcies represent a common industry strategy. Combining assets from Eastern and Continental. He also redesigned airline fares...

Lorenzo was also a leader in growing through mergers. In 1972, he took over a small, insignificant, cash-squeezed western airline. In 14 years, he built the world's largest airline company. Similarly, in 2001, Doug Parker took over as CEO of America West, a small, insignificant, cash-squeezed western airline. When US Airways ( LCC) merge with American Airlines, ( AAMRQ.PK), Parker would become CEO of the world's largest airline.

"Those guys have put together a wonderful story of growth," Lorenzo said. "Assuming they can get the deal put together, it's a heck of a story. You have at US Airways a very entrepreneurial team, which is nice to see, because often at the bigger companies you don't find as much of an entrepreneurial spirit." Others have done deals, of course, but few have been so focused for so long on deal-making, and none have started with so little and then built airline companies so large as the ones Lorenzo and Parker built.

Lorenzo thinks the US Airways/American merger will work, but not immediately. "Merger is a tough game," he said. "You have to take a long-term perspective. Over the short term, as United ( UAL) has found out, it's not a party. It's very tough. There's so much technology that has to be brought together, in addition to labor groups.

"You didn't have to go to UT (University of Texas) to realize that it didn't make business sense to buy a company with a lower cost structure and then raise all the employees to your standard," Lorenzo said.

Lorenzo battled labor, using bankruptcy to force concessions. But in 1989, when he tried to force concessions at Eastern, the union struck and was followed out by flight attendants and pilots, forcing the carrier into bankruptcy court, Eastern failed in 1991.

Lorenzo i believe was or still is most hated among unions. He was banned from running an airline i think . Carl Ichan is another sleeze bag

Latest posts