Promoting a Proud Craft

To read up on the event from the Team Tulsa perspective go to...

www.tulsaamt.com

It was a pleasure meeting Team Tulsa at the MSC. Dennis Hayes did an excellent job of finding sponsors so he could field a team of students to come to Dallas for the three day MSC event. These students, although young, displayed the pride and professionalism of seasoned AMTs. Competing against three major airline teams was not overwhelming, just the opposite. It seemed as if the only difference between the 9 different teams was age. Team Tulsa's students are certain to have a bright future in front of them. As the Co-Chairman for this event I look forward to Las Vegas in '09 when the next MSC will be held and having Team Tulsa from the AMT Society's Tulsa Chapter compete. If you live in the Tulsa area visit their web site and offer support. You can either join or perhaps offer to be a guest speaker or even make a donation.

Team Tulsa helped make the first Annual Maintenance Skills Competition a great success. With their feedback future competitions will only get better. These kids did Tulsa proud. And so did Dennis Hayes.

Keep up the good work Ken.

Thanks Bob. Next year's MSC in Las Vegas is really shaping up to be even bigger than the one in March. I am hoping to have different categories with teams from commercial, schools, military and corporate. If people can't compete coming to Las Vegas to support those who are representing our profession is a great thing to do.

And after each day of competition I am sure there might be something for people to do. :D

Back