PSS Cutover

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
And so it begins... just got a FB post from a friend in the command center, and it's up & running.

Reactions: 3 people
It's been surprisingly quiet on local news media in all the major US hubs, from what I can tell.  I take it that's a good sign?

Reactions: 2 people
UPNAWAY said:
Just heard in PHX lots of flights are not showing up on the cities monitors????
if that's as bad as it gets, the whole process can only be described as a success.

All the appearances are that AA did this right and the transition will turn out just fine.

According to agents in PHX the first departure to CLT which was the first flight from there after the cutoff went out with a success and no IT problems at all.

AA/US did put on extra staff and cut about 200 flights today to ease the transition.

Reactions: 3 people
12168090_1195954440431684_673873858_n.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
nycbusdriver said:
....but, of course, not as well as when Delta did this.  Right?

(Figured I would save you the time.)
I think it is fair to say that AA and DL both did very good cutovers - in contrast to HP/US and UA/CO.

It's not over yet but everyone's expectation was that AA/US would go far better and that is holding true.

Hats off to all for great planning and execution.

nycbusdriver said:

I'm just totally amazed and gratified that the employees, through extreme sacrifice and professionalism, were able to pull the airline through the trenches of some of the worst airline managers in the history of the industry.

Can American employees continue the effort?  They certainly need to.
Oh, so now you expect us to carry your load of crappy managers on top of our crappy managers?  You're sure asking a lot!

Reactions: 6 people
Just 2 turns all day, life is good! And to all who down voted me, I hope for a sh#ty as hell day for ya even at home. Ya POS.

Ya haven't yet figured out yet, I'm not going away!

Reactions: 1 person