PTO's NWA Scab Career...

PlayTheOdds

Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
Visit site
An interesting development has occurred on the line between me and another co-Scab, I guess you could say. This Ninth Ward Houstonian who thinks the world owes him something likes to sit back and relax while earning his check off his co-scabs work. He has a serious inferiority complex thus refuses to do anything that anyone tells him to do other than management. Which there is really nothing wrong with that as long as you take the initiative and do something other than sit in front of a computer or talk on a cell phone, while the people you are supposed to be working with are covering the aircraft and pulling your weight around. This Ninth Ward Houstonian is the type that magically disappears when it is time to clean the shop and equipment or service the equipment. Well, were out working and aircraft are coming in broke and we are beginning to fall behind, in such a case an additional man is very helpful. A call is put out on the radio for said individual and as usual there is no answer. Keep in mind that this call should not have even been made for he should have already been out there. When I see him again I call him out on it. We are in the breakroom with other people around, I guess his inferiority complex kicks into high gear and he gets really fired up and starts spewing extremely vulgar insults and insists we "take it out side." At this point violence is certain to erupt so the other guys get involved and diffuse the situation. I could have left it alone at that and let it blow over but I was really pissed off.

The following day at our usual meeting management was assigning us to our duties for the day. Of all the luck I am again assigned to work with the same Ninth Ward Houstonian. Well this kind of rubs me the wrong way so I say "Excuse me can I have another assignment? I do not wish to work with...(Ninth Ward Houstonian)â€￾ After the meeting I am called into the office where I am reassigned and asked what the problem is. I thank them for the reassignment but decline to discuss mine and Ninth Ward Houstonians differences. The day goes by without a hitch.

The following day after our meeting I am once again called into the office where I am asked to either write a statement as to why I refused to work with Ninth Ward Houstonian or receive a level for refusing to work the previous days assigned duties. (I thought a coaching always came before a level I wonder what happened to that theory?) I choose to write the statement, after all I am still on probation. The statement was written, a beautiful work of art born of pure fact with witnesses names included. Other statements were soon to follow I soon found out. Up the ladder they went all the way to HR in MSP. Now this was indeed unexpected for I see no reason for it not to be handled by local management. From what I was told today HR is flying down here to hold an inquiry. Is it just me or is this going a bit overboard?

This of course is a very hot topic at work, I have taken a poll as to what the out come of this should be, there are four leading options with two being very much possible and the other two being plausible. This is going to be an excellent test of Hackmans hated “At Will Employmentâ€￾. I just wish I wasn’t one of the guinea pigs.

well you shouldnt have accepted the job at NWA.. I am willin to bet that the houstonian is probably either a member of mgmt, an faa inspector, or just someone checkin to see if you are actually working on a plane or typing on the computer

An interesting development has occurred on the line between me and another co-Scab, I guess you could say. This Ninth Ward Houstonian who thinks the world owes him something likes to sit back and relax while earning his check off his co-scabs work. He has a serious inferiority complex thus refuses to do anything that anyone tells him to do other than management. Which there is really nothing wrong with that as long as you take the initiative and do something other than sit in front of a computer or talk on a cell phone, while the people you are supposed to be working with are covering the aircraft and pulling your weight around. This Ninth Ward Houstonian is the type that magically disappears when it is time to clean the shop and equipment or service the equipment. Well, were out working and aircraft are coming in broke and we are beginning to fall behind, in such a case an additional man is very helpful. A call is put out on the radio for said individual and as usual there is no answer. Keep in mind that this call should not have even been made for he should have already been out there. When I see him again I call him out on it. We are in the breakroom with other people around, I guess his inferiority complex kicks into high gear and he gets really fired up and starts spewing extremely vulgar insults and insists we "take it out side." At this point violence is certain to erupt so the other guys get involved and diffuse the situation. I could have left it alone at that and let it blow over but I was really pissed off.

The following day at our usual meeting management was assigning us to our duties for the day. Of all the luck I am again assigned to work with the same Ninth Ward Houstonian. Well this kind of rubs me the wrong way so I say "Excuse me can I have another assignment? I do not wish to work with...(Ninth Ward Houstonian)â€￾ After the meeting I am called into the office where I am reassigned and asked what the problem is. I thank them for the reassignment but decline to discuss mine and Ninth Ward Houstonians differences. The day goes by without a hitch.

The following day after our meeting I am once again called into the office where I am asked to either write a statement as to why I refused to work with Ninth Ward Houstonian or receive a level for refusing to work the previous days assigned duties. (I thought a coaching always came before a level I wonder what happened to that theory?) I choose to write the statement, after all I am still on probation. The statement was written, a beautiful work of art born of pure fact with witnesses names included. Other statements were soon to follow I soon found out. Up the ladder they went all the way to HR in MSP. Now this was indeed unexpected for I see no reason for it not to be handled by local management. From what I was told today HR is flying down here to hold an inquiry. Is it just me or is this going a bit overboard?

This of course is a very hot topic at work, I have taken a poll as to what the out come of this should be, there are four leading options with two being very much possible and the other two being plausible. This is going to be an excellent test of Hackmans hated “At Will Employmentâ€￾. I just wish I wasn’t one of the guinea pigs.
No offense but that is why unions came into being. They protect the employee from these situations and help receive fair treatment. Many have felt that they protect bad employees and I have always related it to the american justice system. Sometimes the guilty(OJ) get off but most of the time the system works. I dont have any feeling which way your case should go as I still support the union mechanics.

No offense but that is why unions came into being. They protect the employee from these situations and help receive fair treatment.
I need a union to protect me from this situation? No, I do not think so. I am confident enough in my abilities to survive any inquiry. In the event that I do fail I still have confidence in myself to find employment elsewhere with no problems at all. Not only is this a test of my own skills but more importantly this is a test of NWA and its "at will employment policy". Are unions really needed at NWA? You guys seem to think so but I beg to differ. If I am not able to retain my employment at NWA I will be the first to say that I was wrong. Will you guys be able to do the same if I do retain my employment? For some reason I do not think so.

OH, BOO HOO............
Hey groundcontrol, where is your contract at? Looks like the judge just might chunk it. BOO HOO... :p

Quick question for you. On more than one occasion the IAM as been referred to as the "Scab IAM". According to Hackman the union membership is the union. So if you have a Scab union that must mean the members are Scabs as well. You guys did cross the AMFA picket line and even performed struck work, even wrote it into your contract so you could feel better about it. The question is, do you think of yourself as a SCAB? If not how do you justify your actions?

The following day after our meeting I am once again called into the office where I am asked to either write a statement as to why I refused to work with Ninth Ward Houstonian or receive a level for refusing to work the previous days assigned duties. (I thought a coaching always came before a level I wonder what happened to that theory?)

A prime example of why unions are a necessary evil at NWA.

Up the ladder they went all the way to HR in MSP. Now this was indeed unexpected for I see no reason for it not to be handled by local management. From what I was told today HR is flying down here to hold an inquiry. Is it just me or is this going a bit overboard?

Not here. Any incident that even has the slightest possibility of racial overtones and/or violence will bring the "truth police" to town. Since yours has both, this was a certainty.

This is going to be an excellent test of Hackmans hated “At Will Employmentâ€￾. I just wish I wasn’t one of the guinea pigs.

If nothing else, maybe what we've all been telling you about NW's eristic labor relations will finally make sense to you. Somehow I doubt it, though....

I need a union to protect me from this situation? No, I do not think so. I am confident enough in my abilities to survive any inquiry. In the event that I do fail I still have confidence in myself to find employment elsewhere with no problems at all. Not only is this a test of my own skills but more importantly this is a test of NWA and its "at will employment policy". Are unions really needed at NWA? You guys seem to think so but I beg to differ. If I am not able to retain my employment at NWA I will be the first to say that I was wrong. Will you guys be able to do the same if I do retain my employment? For some reason I do not think so.
I can see the whole problem with you 'Cods, its your arrogance and attitude. Your Capt. SUPERscab, and like on this BB....your large mouth overrides your pea brain. You have no right to act like your some kind of manager. You are most likely resented by your co-workers and therefore, you have been targeted. The fact that you didn't use your
"superior" 'Cods negotiating skills and stop the threat of a discipline tells me your a not as astute as you believe you are. Then you screw up again by not just taking the minor punishment, shutting your pie hole, and avoiding the HR involvement. This is the last thing you want as a "proby". Geez, you have a lot to learn boy, I am not impressed at your failures here 'Cods.

With a union, your shop steward would have intervined between you two clowns and management. More than likely diffused the situation and stopped it from progessing to MSP HR. Now that they are involved, you both might be in the wind, as they don't care who started it, your both at fault. They are there to terminate if possible, and they could care less about why you can't get along or who is the best scab. Its seems like a trivial incident to me, but then again this is Scab Air we are talking about. I am sure your as guilty as he is, as well as your most likely not forthcoming with the whole story.

No one really cares if they can your butt or not.

Lot'sa luck "at will" scab !!!! :D

Does anybody (besides me ) beleive that this whole (imaginary) scenario is nothing more than another example of PTO's attempts at trying to prove how unions are not needed?

Does anybody (besides me ) beleive that this whole (imaginary) scenario is nothing more than another example of PTO's attempts at trying to prove how unions are not needed?
PTO does like attention, he always seems to have a Tale about his abilities as a SCAB and I suspect if he is not being truthful it will be discovered.

"No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar".
~Abraham Lincoln

Hey groundcontrol, where is your contract at? Looks like the judge just might chunk it. BOO HOO... :p

Quick question for you. On more than one occasion the IAM as been referred to as the "Scab IAM". According to Hackman the union membership is the union. So if you have a Scab union that must mean the members are Scabs as well. You guys did cross the AMFA picket line and even performed struck work, even wrote it into your contract so you could feel better about it. The question is, do you think of yourself as a SCAB? If not how do you justify your actions?

You must have me confused as an IAM member....
Guess you weren't paying attention the day I told you YOU scabbed MY job. :down:

The IAM and AMFA do have their problems with each other. There is definitely some animosity due to the fact that the mechanics split from the IAM and joined AMFA. Reading these boards, I can only hope the IAM members can clearly see why we no longer wanted IAM representation. :huh:

Hackman is correct the union membership is the union and I wish all IAM members well and do hope they can get their house in order. I am also happy to see that some of the IAM members have the sacks that the AMFA mechanics do. Its time for all unions to unite. :cool:

I for one will be happy to stand/walk the line with any IAM member willing to leave the dark side and stand up to the evil empire within NWA. :ninja:

You must have me confused as an IAM member....
Guess you weren't paying attention the day I told you YOU scabbed MY job. :down:

The IAM and AMFA do have their problems with each other. There is definitely some animosity due to the fact that the mechanics split from the IAM and joined AMFA. Reading these boards, I can only hope the IAM members can clearly see why we no longer wanted IAM representation. :huh:

Hackman is correct the union membership is the union and I wish all IAM members well and do hope they can get their house in order. I am also happy to see that some of the IAM members have the sacks that the AMFA mechanics do. Its time for all unions to unite. :cool:

I for one will be happy to stand/walk the line with any IAM member willing to leave the dark side and stand up to the evil empire within NWA. :ninja:
I am a former IAM Fleet Service of USAIR until we were farmed out to Piedmont Airlines-a wholly owned USAIRWAYS Express carrier. Let me tell you first hand just how the IAM sucks. I wish the unionized folks at NWA good luck. Youre gonna need it. As for PTO, I think your days are numbered now that MSP HR is involved. Your example is exactly why UNIONS are NEEDED. but NWA chose to throw the AMFA out the door.

Kudos to PTO for at least raising his hand to speak out on this board.

Dontcha wonder what might've happened if years ago another rank-and-file member would've raised his hand and demanded of his union leadership "this is not right, we pay you to protect our jobs and careers and you are doing nothing"

Yeah, you are all brave when you're in a mob.

Allow me to ask -- have your union leaders suffered a tremendous decrease in their style of living during the past few years???

ADDRESSED TO:
P(os)T O,

FIRST off, you have ZERO right to "direct the workforce', since your not a Supervisor !!

SECOND, your reference of "9th ward person" leads me to believe that he/she may very well be a minority !!

Third, and this is where you have cut your "JUGULAR VEIN",

You stated before Management that "YOU did NOT want to work with this person". Unless it was because of "proveable" saftey reasons, "YOUR FU**ING TOAST" !!!

IF you had 1/10th of a brain(WHICH YOU SURELY DON"T), YOU should have done YOUR portion of the shop cleaning..ONLY !,
YOUR portion of the a/c assignment ONLY, and THEN when you BOTH got called on the carpet, your response should have been, "well I cleaned "A B C" of the shop, "A B C " of the aircraft repair, and then, and ONLY then, if you were asked WHY you were'nt able to finish the tasks, your response should(only) have been, I was working "ALONE", WITHOUT "EVER" mentioning ANOTHER persons NAME !!!!!

Bottom line, It's really's not your fault, due to the fact that you are a RED NECK, UNEDUCATED, INBREAD, SCAB !!!

NH/BB's