Qatar Air CEO: Delta CEO Uses Terrorism Rhetoric to ‘Hide His Inefficiency

whats even more ironic is that the CEO of Qatar Air claims its BS that their FAs are more restricted if they have weight gains or get pregnant  yet I read on yahoo the other nite that they have a 1960s-1970s era style thing and can be punished for just that.    Not to mention the CEO of Emirates also had claimed that the US carriers used CH 11 to its advantages     Ironic

DL is simply willing to be in the front of a campaign to fight subsidized carriers who have decimated the European airline industry, weaker Asian carriers, and who have their focus on the US.

Richard Anderson might be more outspoken but AA and UA are absolutely a part of the same process to make the US government realize what has happened in Europe and how Arab subsidies to the ME3 are not at all market based or compatible with Open Skies agreements.

Reactions: 1 person
The ATSB money wasnt subsidy?

Tax breaks on income and fuel tax breaks arent subsidies?

Give it a rest.

50304d1385138410t-fanboys_everywhere.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
DL is simply willing to be in the front of a campaign to fight subsidized carriers who have decimated the European airline industry.

DL has no choice but to be involved in a campaign to fight the ME3 carriers.  Their European partner, AFKL, has now fallen to #3 out of the 3 old Euro-legacy / EU-state carriers (behind IAG and LH).  And as we've been told multiple times, any carrier that is #3 in any market is doomed.

Reactions: 5 people
DL has the guts to stand up to the ME3 because DL is smart enough to see what has happened in Europe.

while AA makes alliances with the devil AKA ME3, DL will fight them.

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
DL has the guts to stand up to the ME3 because DL is smart enough to see what has happened in Europe.while AA makes alliances with the devil AKA ME3, DL will fight them.
See you just had to take a cheap shot at AA , and you say your here to discuss airline business , really ? You really have seriouse problems !!

Reactions: 8 people
See you just had to take a cheap shot at AA , and you say your here to discuss airline business , really ? You really have seriouse problems !!
if you see it as a cheap shot, then go for it.

DL wants nothing to do with the ME3.

AA thinks it is ok to try to gain from the ME3 while also fighting them.

DL doesn't agree with AF or AZ on the issue, btw.

WorldTraveler said:
DL has the guts to stand up to the ME3 because DL is smart enough to see what has happened in Europe.

I wonder what kind of a tune you would be singing if it was AA speaking out and DL making alliances with the ME3?
I think we all know the answer.

Reactions: 4 people
FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
I wonder what kind of a tune you would be singing if it was AA speaking out and DL making alliances with the ME3?
I think we all know the answer.
It would be freakin hilarious to read that DL had attracted Emirates to the Leftover Alliance and had formed a joint venture and would be seeking ATI with EK. Although I don't believe that's very likely to ever happen, I don't think it's an impossibility.

"DL doesn't want anything to do with the ME3." Uh-huh. Tell us another tall tale, WFT. After all, DL's Leftover Alliance has no problems with AF/KL being in bed with EY or with EY owning almost half of failing alliance member AZ. And although not part of the "ME3," DL has no problem with Saudia belonging to its Leftover Alliance.

Reactions: 3 people
know you don't because you think it is all about a pfishing contest between people.

I believe in values and don't care who pushes them. If AA supports them, and lives them, then good for AA.

I have spoken often about the ME3 long before this latest development.

the fact that have missed them but focus solely on the negative between AA and DL shows that you really don't understand me or the issue

WorldTraveler said:
Richard Anderson might be more outspoken but AA and UA are absolutely a part of the same process to make the US government realize what has happened in Europe and how Arab subsidies to the ME3 are not at all market based or compatible with Open Skies agreements.
and the:

WorldTraveler said:

I have never seen anybody contradict themselves as many times as you do.
If you want to be viewed as creditable then you really need to get a handle on this. 

Reactions: 5 people