Qik/Sabre CSA training

That is correct. I believe alaska airlines will still be using it for things. United airlines uses it for a brief security internal entry. And of course AA uses it for cargo, and I'm not sure if they use it for otber things. Ive tried the new system that was supposed to be implemented this summer, and has been pushed back to October. Love it for the purpose of new hires and quite frankly... Im not a sabre fan

Am I to take that comment as Sabre is being replaced. Wow that is indeed BIG news.
Qik is a overlapping reservations system that mirrors sabre functions.
It's sabre in a dummy form. Just fill in the boxes and hit enter. As much as AA would love to find a cheaper reservation system Sabre is too big and powerful to just dump and introduce a different system. That would be a disaster. Our customer service is bad enough now. Imagine a major shift in reservation services?

Our stations ramp does not use sabre. And as for our cargo station we are goibg to dfw to learn about the new iCargo system. So as far as i kbow and was told by our aa gm we will not be using sabre 2020

It's sabre in a dummy form. Just fill in the boxes and hit enter. As much as AA would love to find a cheaper reservation system Sabre is too big and powerful to just dump and introduce a different system. That would be a disaster. Our customer service is bad enough now. Imagine a major shift in reservation services?
Qik is a good system and i didnt want to confuse anybody. I wasnt talking about qik but even that they dont train the smaller stations in. The neglect to teach in the airline industry with so many rules amd regulations is asstounding

That is correct. I believe alaska airlines will still be using it for things. United airlines uses it for a brief security internal entry. And of course AA uses it for cargo, and I'm not sure if they use it for otber things. Ive tried the new system that was supposed to be implemented this summer, and has been pushed back to October. Love it for the purpose of new hires and quite frankly... Im not a sabre fan
OK let me see if I understand this.

Qix is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) that interacts with Sabre but simplifies Sabre functions for the user.

To further clarify it is basically the same old Sabre with a more user friendly interface that automates some of the intricacies of Sabre to make it easier to use.

Is that correct?

Last edited:
Sabre plus? Sound familiar?
Aka.. Dummy Sabre.
Well the goal of any interface should be ease of use. I am glad they are simplifying it.

Too often companies ignore ease of use and frankly it only cost them money in the long run.

the ticket agents i know, hold qik in contempt. 25-30-35 year veterans who can't stand qik.

the aw/us air mngt. sent agents to clt for qik training...couldn't wait to impose an inferior system upon the aa brand.

if you pull out of jfk in favor of phl, why not go with the inferior computer system? same line of thinking.

the ticket agents i know, hold qik in contempt. 25-30-35 year veterans who can't stand qik
Exactly.

25-30-35 year people.

That age group is not the most computer literate. Though people could access the internet as we know it as early as 1989 it did not become accessible to the main stream until 1993 (AOL). 25 years would have put them starting in 1994, when the internet for all intents and purposes was in it's infancy. Never mind about the 30 and 35 year employees.

They have been using the same system for decades. They are comfortable with it. It's what they know.

I bet if you ask the younger crowd (who tend to be more computer literate and open to change) what they think of it the answer may be very different.

I spend most of my time on computers as I use them for both work (computer networking) and recreation (internet surfing and PC gaming). I would consider myself a moderate PC user and I found Sabre to be clunky, old fashioned, and difficult to use. Note I do my job using command line so I am no stranger to analyzing and manipulating text based technical data. If I found Sabre difficult to use I can just imagine the difficulties a generation used to a GUI (Graphic User Interface) may have with it.

I am sure one can overcome those deficiencies using it every single day, like anything you get used to it however, I would hardly call Sabre intuitive. It is my guess the company is simply trying to simplify the interaction with the system to decrease training time for new employees.