Quantas T8 Gate 14?

Barfbag

Veteran
Oct 30, 2006
Rumor has it that Quantas Airlines, wants Gate 14, exclusively at T8, anybody hear something. Finnair, Mexicana, Malev, and Jet Airways have been a boon for JFK.

Maybe the only reason we're still hiring.

(Edited by moderator. Please do not quote entire posts when responding immediately below. It wastes disk space and bandwidth. Thank you.)

Who knows. Maybe the genius planners will give all the low gates to one world so the rest of us AA peons will have to hustle it out EVERYTIME to the remote gates through the well thought out :rolleyes: tunnel with the broken walk ways/escalators/elevators.

What a design masterpiece that terminal 8 is! :blink:

(Edited by Moderator.)

Actually they are building gates 14 and 16....I haven't heard anything about Qantas moving in.. Qantas is currently at British T7. I don't know why they don't just finish that terminal and add the 7 or 8 gates as originally planned and bring ALL one world customers in, including BA.

There is no "U" in Qantas, guys...

They probably want the dedicated gate so that they can count on a short walk to/from the lounges. They can carry upwards of 80 people in F and J, not to mention others with lounge access. Probably not seen as a big deal by the employees, but it's certainly a big deal for the people shelling out upward of $16K for a business class round trip ticket between NYC and SYD.

I'd say there's probably a good chance the rest of terminal will be completed; it's just a matter of when.

What I've heard from people closer to the Port Authority, if AA doesn't build out the rest of the headhouse and stub concourse, there's a chance that the Port will take the parcel which used to house the legacy AA terminal and allow someone else to build there.

(Edited by moderator.)

Can't say I blame the Port Authority...After all, it was about 15 or 16 years ago when AA had the Inner and Outer taxiways (now Alpha and Bravo), moved when they first announced the new terminal to be built.

When replying to a post which is the last post in the thread, please do not use the reply button in the lower right hand corner of that post. Scroll down a little. There are three buttons at the bottom of the page: Fast Reply, Add Reply, and New Thread. Use the Add Reply. It will add your post directly below the post to which you are replying and disk space and bandwidth are not wasted. Thank you.

Back