Question for you AA guys about DWH

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
What about the accumulated toxic waste in the TWU?

TWU informer said:
What about the fact that we have the right under federal law to remove that toxic waste? And even though the majority obviously want out, too many are not willing to take a stand. From the TWU Officers that know the truth but have no guts, to the guy who signed a card and because his coworkers badger him, he crawls back to to get the card to show them he repented. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.
Here it is, another thread that had nothing to do with the AMFA/TWU debate turned into an AMFA/TWU debate.

Flying low said:

Here it is, another thread that had nothing to do with the AMFA/TWU debate turned into an AMFA/TWU debate.
When I hear the term "toxic waste" I can't help but think of the TWU. 

I am not trying to derail your thread. I will see my way out. Sorry for the comment.

The way I hear it, DWH does great work and is getting work that should be going to DFW hangar, but dfw isn't getting the work done in a timely manner.

Did DFW layoff too many mechs, is it bad management, or mechs milking OT at DFW?

Reactions: 1 person
texasreb said:
The docks delta had(two 757 docks) at DWH served no purpose for us. The 757's will be going away and our 767's with winglets would't fit the docks so out they came. DWH is just a junk crew for DFW so an empty hangar serves us well.
That seems odd to me. I am assuming (first mistake) they were the same kind of tail docks we have in Atlanta, which a 737/757/767 will fit in (and the Airbus with a little bit of rigging). 

Anyways, thanks for all the info guys. 

bigjets said:
The way I hear it, DWH does great work and is getting work that should be going to DFW hangar, but dfw isn't getting the work done in a timely manner.

Did DFW layoff too many mechs, is it bad management, or mechs milking OT at DFW?
How about heavy handed management pissing off the workforce and then trying to run THE major AA hub on a shoe string. You know, 10lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag.

Reactions: 2 people

dvlhog is this true back in 2014?

dvlhog is this true back in 2014?

In 2014 we were turning lots of metal. Keep in mind most of us had just survived the closing of AFW and were happy to still be local and still have a job. As far as "work that should be at DFW", idk. I do remember one aircraft coming to us from DFW that needed some tail work. The reason given in ASOM for the repositioning was a tail dock was "required" to accomplish the work. Well good ol` DWH has no tail docks or any type of docking for that matter. We used to get all sorts of sketchy stuff from DFW. On purpose or just sloppy, idk.

The closure of TAESL and the addition of 106 AMTs to our little island hurt us production and attitude wise. Couple that with the NMB debacle of 2015, protracted negotiations and lies from the company and union. Well DWH just isn`t what it was in 2014. Heck we are now on our third director since then.

In 2014 we were turning lots of metal. Keep in mind most of us had just survived the closing of AFW and were happy to still be local and still have a job. As far as "work that should be at DFW", idk. I do remember one aircraft coming to us from DFW that needed some tail work. The reason given in ASOM for the repositioning was a tail dock was "required" to accomplish the work. Well good ol` DWH has no tail docks or any type of docking for that matter. We used to get all sorts of sketchy stuff from DFW. On purpose or just sloppy, idk.

The closure of TAESL and the addition of 106 AMTs to our little island hurt us production and attitude wise. Couple that with the NMB debacle of 2015, protracted negotiations and lies from the company and union. Well DWH just isn`t what it was in 2014. Heck we are now on our third director since then.

Like I said earlier we are all individuals looking out for our own OT. You just have ask Maint control as they were having planes picked up by DWH to get a plane back in service in reasonable amount of time. Plus you can just listen to hog complaining about all the line work he did at an OH base.

We are all free agents looking for OT, that’s what I have learned about this association