Questions about mc/visa refund

RSVSUCKS

Dec 7, 2007
Hey everyone - I just got a letter stating we can get a refund from taxes issued on your credit cards. Did anyone else get this and what option are you choosing? I used to work for a company that overnighted me in the Bahama's almost every night - does that count?- Does Canada count? or is this more of a Europe thing? Does anyone know? PM me or just respond - I did call the number and they asked if the Bahama's have their own currency and they do but it is equal to the dollar used there but you would get screwed if you tried to exchange it back in the US. Thanks in advance for your help.

I got one too. I would think if it was charged in foreign currency (and Canada and Bahamas are foreign currency) then it would count. I got my old passports out and figured out that I had been on quite a few trips over the past 10 years and was out of the country about 165 days so I filled out form 2. I know I had more than $25 in foreign currency conversion charges over the past 10 yeas. Not sure how they are going to figure out what was actually spent or how much per day they are going to refund, but I figured it should be more than the blanket $25. My partner on the other hand has only been out of the country for about 3 weeks during the past 10 years so we just did the $25 refund.

Any purchases outside the US and its territories counts. I chose option B which I think amounts to $250.00 and I think its on the honor system unless you chose option C where you have receipts to back up your claim to more. I had about 800 days abroad in theat period but not a darn receipt.

Back