Questions for Current NW Flight Attendants

They just want the cheapest labor as possible, Ruby! :down: Keep my Delta UNION.

With a Contract we'll all be able to earn a fair wage. None of us want to kill the Goose that feeds us. I'm wanting Delta to be strong and successful. I just want a contract with protections and a good living. We will be successful in making Delta a great place to work with protections for workers to count on in planning their lives.

Right on Ruby.... I totally agree with you! I am absolutely PRO DELTA AND PRO UNION. I think the merger is the right thing to do and I look forward to the possibilities for us all. However, I absolutely believe that a CONTRACT AND REPRESENTATION ARE ESSENTIAL to our future. It IS possible to have a great relationship with the company AND have a contract in writing. Mr. Anderson, Mr. Bastian, Ms. Smith, Ms. Showers, our pilots, all work under contract. There is no reason that the flight attendants should not have a seat at the table as well. It is a matter of respecting our work group......

Right on Ruby.... I totally agree with you! I am absolutely PRO DELTA AND PRO UNION. I think the merger is the right thing to do and I look forward to the possibilities for us all. However, I absolutely believe that a CONTRACT AND REPRESENTATION ARE ESSENTIAL to our future. It IS possible to have a great relationship with the company AND have a contract in writing. Mr. Anderson, Mr. Bastian, Ms. Smith, Ms. Showers, our pilots, all work under contract. There is no reason that the flight attendants should not have a seat at the table as well. It is a matter of respecting our work group......

Though you might like to see this. Thanks for informing yourself and being active in this mobilization. We can have a good relationship and a contract. We just need to stay focused:

2006 Compensation for OLD Delta Family

Gerald Grinstein - Chief Executive Officer - $343,402
James M. Whitehurst - Chief Operating Officer - $417,370
Edward H. Bastian - Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer - $443,369
Glen W. Hauenstein - Executive Vice President, Network Planning & Revenue Mgt - $388,882
Joseph C. Kolshak - Executive Vice President, Operations - $386,675
Paul G. Matsen - Formerly Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer - $549,894

2007 Compensation for NEW Delta Family

Richard H. Anderson - Chief Executive Officer - $11,296,759
Edward H. Bastian - President and Chief Financial Officer - $10,298,340
Michael H. Campbell - Executive Vice President, HR, Labor and Communications - $6,380,261
Glen W. Hauenstein - Executive Vice President, Network Planning & Revenue Mgt - $7,333,300
Lee A. Macenczak - Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing - $5,939,836
Gerald Grinstein - Retired Chief Executive Officer - $357,941
James M. Whitehurst - Former Chief Operating Officer - $15,451,426

Isn't that amazing! Delta went from having people paid in the hundreads of thousands to run such a large airline, to people being paid 10's of millions of dollars to do that SAME EXACT JOB. SAD! I personally think G.G. was under paid and did a great job while at Delta. It's sad to see who has taken over the company, get the union vote going guys! You have the support of the EWR IAM local and me personally!

Isn't that amazing! Delta went from having people paid in the hundreads of thousands to run such a large airline, to people being paid 10's of millions of dollars to do that SAME EXACT JOB. SAD! I personally think G.G. was under paid and did a great job while at Delta. It's sad to see who has taken over the company, get the union vote going guys! You have the support of the EWR IAM local and me personally!

thanks so much HottotrotNYC - we are working hard and hopefully it will pay off. this information alone has turned some no votes to yes!.

I am so happy for you guy's. Thank God you were not aquired or merged with AA. I say this because I am a furloughed TWA/AA f/a with 24yrs of service. The AA Union <APFA> stapled all of us to the bottom. I am sure you know our story.

I sincerely wish you all the best.

I know we had this conversation multiple times on FA.org, but what you (choose to ignore) fail to realize is that those 2006 numbers was absent any stock incentives awards as DAL was in BK at the time. Stock price was at zero.

None of those people were paid that full amount in 2007 upon exiting BK, as those numbers reflect a large portion of Stock awards (with restrictions)...not salary money being deposited into into their account as most people are misled to believe.

It is in their best interests to be paid the lion share in stock awards as incentives. If they are successful in operating the company and driving up market share, stock price, etc. then they can benefit. If they cant then they lose. Most corporations do the exact same thing, as their day to day decisions have and effect whether or not we all have a job. Or not.

Your peasant mentality is what eventually cost your job at DAL and thats why you are still bitter about it.

thanks so much HottotrotNYC - we are working hard and hopefully it will pay off. this information alone has turned some no votes to yes!.
There is no such thing as a no vote. Its up to the union to garner enough yes votes from the majority of the working class (per nmb rules).

I know we had this conversation multiple times on FA.org, but what you (choose to ignore) fail to realize is that those 2006 numbers was absent any stock incentives awards as DAL was in BK at the time. Stock price was at zero.

None of those people were paid that full amount in 2007 upon exiting BK, as those numbers reflect a large portion of Stock awards (with restrictions)...not salary money being deposited into into their account as most people are misled to believe.

Read your proxy statement yet? Stock aside, the year over year jump in salaries for the CLT is significant to say the least.

Read your proxy statement yet? Stock aside, the year over year jump in salaries for the CLT is significant to say the least.

So? Whats your point? The original argument was based upon differences of non stock awards earnings of 2006 and 2007. Are we shifting gears to complain about what now?

Some things never change.

My point is that you missed Hottootrotnyc's completely. No one mentioned stock (on here) but you. His/her contention that executive salaries jumped tremendously for essentially the same job duties/performance (or lack thereof) stands.

My point is that you missed Hottootrotnyc's completely. No one mentioned stock (on here) but you. His/her contention that executive salaries jumped tremendously for essentially the same job duties/performance (or lack thereof) stands.
No i didn't miss his point Kev. He made a general statement about reported income, except that reported income is not salary for both 2006 and 2007 as mentioned by Rubyslippers.

His assumption is that the 2007 exec's made much more, as to which they did, after exiting bankruptcy and receiving stock awards incentives. We wont know what the 2006 exec's could have made as in BK there where no stock awards as DAL stock was at ZERO. Thats comparing apples to oranges. Hot knows this (but chooses to ignore it) as was pounded into his skull before he got banned on FA.org

But im sure you and Hot will disagree as it doesnt fit the continual Dump on DAL mindset you both have. Hot always liked to tell everyone how great he has it at CO at the same time dump all over DAL. Time to get over it and move on kiddies.

Kev, thanks, but you need to take it's statement's with a grain of salt. PM me, if you want so I have some breathing room to talk....... :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back