Really?

PlayTheOdds

Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
Visit site
You assisted an airline from liquidating! How absurd!
All you did was was assist NW in getting rid of thousands
of mechanics, as well as other ground workers when NW
outsourced 69 stations. Pilots taking a hit and flight
attendants being forced into a contract by a bancruptcy
judge. By crossing a picket line your actions have cost
thousands of people their livelihoods. Why arent't you
still at NW if you are claiming to have ridden in on a
white horse?

A white horse? Not hardly, it was more like getting caught in a whirl-wind of chaos. The first few weeks were extremely tough but contractors have a tendency to adjust quickly to such issues.

"...getting rid of thousands of mechanics?"

I can't remember the exact numbers but I think it was more like 3,800 with 800 of those being cleaners. Everyone forgets about the cleaners. NWA originally wanted to keep 1,700 mechanics which would have resulted in the loss of 1,300 mechanics. I don't think you can justifiably claim that thousands of mechanics jobs were lost because of me. I think that title goes to you guys from when NWA maintenance consisted of almost ten thousand mechanics. Was not it the union that let those jobs go?

"Pilots taking a hit and flight attendants being forced into a contract by a bankruptcy judge. By crossing a picket line your actions have cost thousands of people their livelihoods."

The pilots chose not to support your strike and walk across your picket line with out a second thought and this is my fault? The flight attendants had the power to walk right along with you guys and they chose not to. How is this my fault. I guess it was my fault as well that the IAM ground crews not only walked across your picket line but jumped at the opportunity to steal and perform struck work as well. Do you recall the IAM doing the push-backs? I didn't cause you to lose your fight with NWA. It was every other union on the site and your own union brothers. Me? I work structures and had never worked line in my life. It was the other union folk with all the training that came from other airlines that kept NWA flying.

As to why I am no longer there, I simply don't like being told when I can and can't take time off. I don't like bidding vacation or realignments. When we were operating under strike conditions it was great but as soon as things were getting a bit more structured and we began falling under company rules and regulations it was time for me to go. Also there is no way I would move my family to DTW.

Now I ask you exnw how do you feel about the AA boys protecting an NWA Scab?

well scab boy if you cant handle the heat then move out of the kitchen. sounds like you wasted ur grand old time at scab air. they should have negogiated with the mechanics to this day those mechanis who struck and never ever crossed the line are the ral true heroes. They stood up to a bunch of worthless morons who dont even know how to run nwa except right into a cemetery

silence speaks volumes

Hey if you want to make something of yourself besides defending your superscabdom,

why not go to China and get yourself some tools made and sell it to Scabcraft and call it Scabmaster tools- tools for scabs, 50 cents and breaks in two twists. :lol:

A better question PTO is; why did you take a post from the AA board and create your own "look at me" thread here?
Your narcissism (sp?) gets old fast.

Well Kev it was a question pertaining to NWA. I could have answered it on the AA board but I didn't think it would be polite to hijack Kens History bing made thread. So I simply moved a question about NWA to the NWA board. Why is there a problem with that?

"...look at me"? By no means is this a look at me thread, it is more like a look at the way all your union brother and sisters stabbed you in the back while all the while saying that solidarity is the key. What absolute idiots. NWA hit every union yet not one single union was able to join forces long enough to do anything about it. This strike was not simply won by Scabs crossing a picket line but more like unions failing to come together to support a common cause. This failure of unions is a direct failure of each and every union member that claims solidarity.

"SLIMEY--STINKY, (and Forever and ALWAYS).......S C A B !!!
NH/BB's
A prime example of yet another failed union member. Stoodby on the sidlines and did nothing to support this strike other than cheer from the grandstands.

Well Kev it was a question pertaining to NWA. I could have answered it on the AA board but I didn't think it would be polite to hijack Kens History bing made thread. So I simply moved a question about NWA to the NWA board. Why is there a problem with that?

"...look at me"? By no means is this a look at me thread, it is more like a look at the way all your union brother and sisters stabbed you in the back while all the while saying that solidarity is the key. What absolute idiots. NWA hit every union yet not one single union was able to join forces long enough to do anything about it. This strike was not simply won by Scabs crossing a picket line but more like unions failing to come together to support a common cause. This failure of unions is a direct failure of each and every union member that claims solidarity.
A prime example of yet another failed union member. Stoodby on the sidlines and did nothing to support this strike other than cheer from the grandstands.

You are just acting like those slimeballs who wanna corner their hopeful dates to "get some" but "get none" :lol: Who cares. Bottom line is we know one thing for sure: YOU SUCK. ;)

You are just acting like those slimeballs who wanna corner their hopeful dates to "get some" but "get none" :lol: Who cares. Bottom line is we know one thing for sure: YOU SUCK. ;)
Yet another union member who cheered this strike on from the grandstands. Not only that but sucked up a TA and is now scrabbling for the so called scraps Steenland is tossing around. Then she comes here to cry about it. She claims union solidarity yet she scrambled aboard scab maintained aircraft on a regular basis licking the managers boots on the way.

A white horse? Not hardly, it was more like getting caught in a whirl-wind of chaos. The first few weeks were extremely tough but contractors have a tendency to adjust quickly to such issues.

"...getting rid of thousands of mechanics?"

I can't remember the exact numbers but I think it was more like 3,800 with 800 of those being cleaners. Everyone forgets about the cleaners. NWA originally wanted to keep 1,700 mechanics which would have resulted in the loss of 1,300 mechanics. I don't think you can justifiably claim that thousands of mechanics jobs were lost because of me. I think that title goes to you guys from when NWA maintenance consisted of almost ten thousand mechanics. Was not it the union that let those jobs go?

"Pilots taking a hit and flight attendants being forced into a contract by a bankruptcy judge. By crossing a picket line your actions have cost thousands of people their livelihoods."

The pilots chose not to support your strike and walk across your picket line with out a second thought and this is my fault? The flight attendants had the power to walk right along with you guys and they chose not to. How is this my fault. I guess it was my fault as well that the IAM ground crews not only walked across your picket line but jumped at the opportunity to steal and perform struck work as well. Do you recall the IAM doing the push-backs? I didn't cause you to lose your fight with NWA. It was every other union on the site and your own union brothers. Me? I work structures and had never worked line in my life. It was the other union folk with all the training that came from other airlines that kept NWA flying.

As to why I am no longer there, I simply don't like being told when I can and can't take time off. I don't like bidding vacation or realignments. When we were operating under strike conditions it was great but as soon as things were getting a bit more structured and we began falling under company rules and regulations it was time for me to go. Also there is no way I would move my family to DTW.

Now I ask you exnw how do you feel about the AA boys protecting an NWA Scab?

What you call a whirl-wind of chaos is the normal
operating procedures for a major carrier. So you could
not get a day off you wanted. In previous jobs you may
have had that option but for the major airlines and most
companies for that matter your profession requires you
show up for work.

As far as crossing picket lines, if the initial scabs
including yourself did not cross the line then the
outcome of the strike would have been very different.
How many of the replacements hired by NW are left? I do
not know but my guess is not many. That indicates the
quality of the replacements was not up to company
standards and they either quit (life yourself, could not
handle the daily workload) or were terminated.

So it was great operating under strike conditions. What
does that mean? Did you enjoy taking another's job?

What you call a whirl-wind of chaos is the normal
operating procedures for a major carrier.
No it is not normal operating prodedures. It was chatic the first few weeks because of not being familiar with the paperwork procedures and the condition the zones were left in. Once we got the free-stock and tools/equipment back in order things went a lot better. It surprisingly took much longer to learn the paperwork.

So you could not get a day off you wanted. In previous jobs you may
have had that option but for the major airlines and most
companies for that matter your profession requires you
show up for work.
You are correct here but I like having the flexibility to use any time that I have on the books to be used at my descretion. That also goes for vacation, I have never had to bid vaction. I simply took it when I was ready to go on vacation. It was dictated by my life, not sevety-five other people.

As far as crossing picket lines, if the initial scabs
including yourself did not cross the line then the
outcome of the strike would have been very different.
In every strike that there has ever been labor unions have had to deal with Scabs. So to go on strike thinking that there would be no scabs is ignorance it self. Going on strike knowing NWA was training scabs is ignorant as well. Going on strike knowing there are scabs waiting and thinking that they can't do the work you do is beyond ignorance. AMFA should have taken a harder look at what was going on before letting you guys walk off the property. You are right, had there been no scabs the outcome of this strike would have been different. I guess you can thank all the other unions, particularly the TWU, for sucking up so many concessions and leaving so many A&P mechanics on the street.

How many of the replacements hired by NW are left? I do
not know but my guess is not many. That indicates the
quality of the replacements was not up to company
standards and they either quit (life yourself, could not
handle the daily workload) or were terminated.

I would say that a bit more than half still consists of replacements. Some have been fired but it is very few. The ones that have quit simply couldn't work under the silly union working conditions. Also NWA lied to the replacements about how things would go down when the AMFA Boys returned.

So it was great operating under strike conditions. What
does that mean?
It was just pure adrenaline rush. A lot of hours and super fast paced. MEL's were timing out left and right from the lack of maintenance from the prior month. Management hardly said a word to us, we had free rein of the place and did things our way. We didn't have a bunch of BS company policy and procedures to follow we simply got the job done. After we got everything back under control then Management wanted to come in with their little do's and don'ts. The longer the list got the more people quit.

Did you enjoy taking another's job?
My slot is still open in zone 3 as is a few others. It sounds to me that NWA simply doesn't want the AMFA Boys back to the point that they are not even filling empty slots.

I'll concede one point to you PTO.

If the NW pilots/F-A's/ and IAM, had "no strike" clauses in their respective contracts, and walked out, they "would'nt have a leg to stand on", in court, because of a "sympathy" strike.

If however they did not have these clauses, then they were wrong for NOT walking Immediately(which would have shut NWA down)

BUT either way, once the "DIARRHEA SCABS" :ph34r: crossed a union picket line, NW (Ultimately) won.

Soo, there it still IS !!

You are a PUSS filled...."DIARRHEA" Stinking S C A B,
And THAT...WILL NEVER CHANGE !!

(JESUS, WHAT is that FILTHY ..S M E L L ) ?????????

NH/BB's

I'll concede one point to you PTO.

If the NW pilots/F-A's/ and IAM, had "no strike" clauses in their respective contracts, and walked out, they "would'nt have a leg to stand on", in court, because of a "sympathy" strike.

If however they did not have these clauses, then they were wrong for NOT walking Immediately(which would have shut NWA down)
The flight attendants did have a sympathy clause and chose not to walk. I don't know about the pilots but they could have done more than they did. Then there is the beloved IAM, which I have the feeling operates much like the TWU, that jumped at the opportunity to perform struck work.

BUT either way, once the "DIARRHEA SCABS" :ph34r: crossed a union picket line, NW (Ultimately) won.
Soo, there it still IS !!
Yes NHBB, there it still is. The contract scabs pulled off the impossible. I guess it goes to show you any monkey can turn a wrench. What do you think it is going to be like when Ken replaces all the trained A&P's with untrained AMT's.

You are a PUSS filled...."DIARRHEA" Stinking SCAB,
And THAT...WILL NEVER CHANGE !!
(JESUS, WHAT is that FILTHY ..S M E L L ) ?????????
NH/BB's
...and you NHBB are one of those that claim to be a hard core union man but would be the first one to cross a picket line. Now don't you have some Grandstand cheerleading to do?

had the F/As walked out in sympathy, then you would have never stepped foot on SCAB AIRLINES in the first place that silence is a killin u isnt scabby

had the F/As walked out in sympathy, then you would have never stepped foot on SCAB AIRLINES in the first place that silence is a killin u isnt scabby
Had? Had? That’s the whole point robbed, they didn't. That is what makes unions and you unionist such jokes. There is no unity, only a bunch of empty slogans.
"If the scabs hadn't crossed." What union cry babies? Scabs are a weapon used by the company and it is the unions job to defend against this weapon. The unions failed in this strike just as they will fail in any future strikes. Without unity there is no unionism. As of right now there is no unity in the unions. Hence the term lame-duck. The loss of the NWA strike is not to be blamed on the scabs for they are a given standard in a strike condition. The failure of this strike is a direct result of the failure of unionism. The fact that the unions failed is "killin u isnt idiot".

Had? Had? That’s the whole point robbed, they didn't. That is what makes unions and you unionist such jokes. There is no unity, only a bunch of empty slogans.
"If the scabs hadn't crossed." What union cry babies? Scabs are a weapon used by the company and it is the unions job to defend against this weapon. The unions failed in this strike just as they will fail in any future strikes. Without unity there is no unionism. As of right now there is no unity in the unions. Hence the term lame-duck. The loss of the NWA strike is not to be blamed on the scabs for they are a given standard in a strike condition. The failure of this strike is a direct result of the failure of unionism. The fact that the unions failed is "killin u isnt idiot".
my point is is that had the F/As walked, SCAB AIR would have been shut down and you idiots would have never been able to step on property. Since you idiots stepped on, SCAB AIR has become the most unsafest airline this country has seen. They have UNQUALIFIED MECHANICS WHO CANNOT FIX an airplane, even an old tin can like the DC-9. The UNIONS DID NOT FAIL. NWA failed the mechanics on purpose prior to AUG 05. NWA has failed the general public even more so since then. The fact that UNIONS rule is a killin you isnt scabboy. As far as im concerned, you cant stand being ignored can you scabby. The strike was not a failure. Rather it shows that there was one union WILLING to stand up to the INEPT mgmt who to this day cant even figure out how to run a dam airline.