Recognizing The Best

The AMTA has raised the funds necessary to purchase the bronze bust of C.E.T. that will be donated to Southwest Airlines! I have contacted SWA aof this milestone and I was informed that a date in May is to be picked on when to accept this bust. I wish to thank all those who made a donation and helped to raise money for this purchase. I also wish to thank ALL SWA AMTs for their professionalis, knowledge, skill & integrity which are the tools they use to set the standard for today's aircraft maintenance. As information becomes available I will let everyone know. Ken MacTiernan Director AMTA

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are...great post. That avion dork is a j/a.

BTW Ken, you are doing a great service to the AMT community sir, thank you.
It is always the case that the people who do the least, criticize the most...

Although I am no longer actively using my A&P or FCC Certificates, I appreciate what Ken is doing for the trade. If there were more like him back in the late 80's and early 90's, I might still be a practicing AMT. I just cannot take the pay cut to go back now. :shock:

WNjetdoc and tech2101,

Thank you. I would like to inform everyone that SWA will be celebrating AMT Day on Thursday May 21st by accepting the bust of Charles E. Taylor from the AMTA. This will be a intimate ceremony for AMTs and Reuben and Charles Taylor should be attending. They are Charles E. Taylor's son and grandson.

I will post pictures on the AMTA webs site from the event. I wish to thank once again all of the support I have received from SWA AMTs in getting this bust purchased, without their support this would not be possible. Ken

WNjetdoc and tech2101,

Thank you. I would like to inform everyone that SWA will be celebrating AMT Day on Thursday May 21st by accepting the bust of Charles E. Taylor from the AMTA. This will be a intimate ceremony for AMTs and Reuben and Charles Taylor should be attending. They are Charles E. Taylor's son and grandson.

I will post pictures on the AMTA webs site from the event. I wish to thank once again all of the support I have received from SWA AMTs in getting this bust purchased, without their support this would not be possible. Ken

Thanks Ken, can't wait.

Yesterday Southwest officially accepted the bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor. A ceremony was held in Hangar 5 and Reuben and Charles Taylor, Charlie's Grandson and Greatgrandson were in attendance along with their wifes. Colleen Barrett was also there.

Aircraft N239CT was used as a back drop with a decal of Charles E. Taylor on the nose. It was my honor and priveledge to be able to donate this beautiful bronze bust of aviation's "Original Unsung Hero" to Southwest Airlines. There were MANY donations from individuals that ensured this bust became a reality. THANK YOU! I am going through the photos that were taken and will post them in a day or two.

Congratulations to all the Southwest Airline AMTs for continuing to provide safe, airworthy aircraft and setting the standard for the industry. Happy AMT Day!

I apologize for the delay in updating the AMTA web site but it has finally been done. To view pictures from the Southwest Airlines Charles E. Taylor Bust Ceremony go to http://www.amtausa.com/swa.html.

It gives the AMTA great pride in recognizing AMTs that help set the standard for a proud craft and profession. I would like to thank all those who helped support this endeavor and make this ceremony a reality. ENJOY!

Back