" Repeal and Replace " ????

When you
That's the risk with socialized anything.

People don't want that situation but they don't want to privatize it either.

The benefit of privatizing is it keeps the government from "borrowing" it because you get a statement saying exactly how much you have in YOUR account.

Can we at least agree on that?

You don't like Social Security the way it is now. You don't want to privatize it. What is YOUR solution?
Hmmm....I kind of like Social Security the way it was designed....something to keep me out of poverty in my golden years....not a retirement plan. It never was a retirement plan. Back when SS was created, the majority of workers had something called a "pension". Remember those? Today, most people don't have that and their retirement is in something called a 401K. Do you or did you have one of those? HOw active were you in the management of it? Those are private. Most Americans weren't (and aren't) Wall Street saavy.

Have you ever seen the PBS Frontline episode called "the retirement gamble"? YOu should watch it to see what happens to "privatized" retirement programs. Jack Bogle, the founder of Vanguard, made the strongest argument (to me) against privatized anything. His thoughts on the 401K...where else can you put up 100% of the money and take 100% of the risk, but get 33% returns. I'm all for paying someone to manage a fund for me, but those fees add up. In 2008, when my 401k value plummeted - the people managing it still got a fee. They got a fee if the value went up...the got a fee when they value tanked.

Privatized = Profit motive somewhere. And when someone ELSE stands to profit off MY money - they aren't looking out for MY best interest. And I'm not sure about you, but I usually am working when the markets are open and my company doesn't pay me to follow the markets and events affecting the markets so that I can issue the buy or sell orders to "manage my own" money.

If we want to privatize something, then we could start by changing the laws to have fund management companies pay money on the value of the PROFITS my money made...not on the total value of my account every month. If my 401k is worth $100k at the start of October and worth $110,000 at the end of October (not counting my contributions), pay them a cut of the $10,000 profit it made. On the other hand, If my 401k is worth $100k at the start of October and I put in $1,000 during the month, and at the end of October it's value is $101k or less- they get nothing. IT kind of motivates them to look out for ME a little better. I mean...look at it this way....currently, if they get a 1% fee and my account is worth $100k - they get $1,000. If the value of my account DROPS to $99k, they still get $990 even though I LOST money.

So there's that problem with privatized anything....how do you fix that?

When you

Hmmm....I kind of like Social Security the way it was designed....something to keep me out of poverty in my golden years....not a retirement plan. It never was a retirement plan. Back when SS was created, the majority of workers had something called a "pension". Remember those? Today, most people don't have that and their retirement is in something called a 401K. Do you or did you have one of those? HOw active were you in the management of it? Those are private. Most Americans weren't (and aren't) Wall Street saavy.

Have you ever seen the PBS Frontline episode called "the retirement gamble"? YOu should watch it to see what happens to "privatized" retirement programs. Jack Bogle, the founder of Vanguard, made the strongest argument (to me) against privatized anything. His thoughts on the 401K...where else can you put up 100% of the money and take 100% of the risk, but get 33% returns. I'm all for paying someone to manage a fund for me, but those fees add up. In 2008, when my 401k value plummeted - the people managing it still got a fee. They got a fee if the value went up...the got a fee when they value tanked.

Privatized = Profit motive somewhere. And when someone ELSE stands to profit off MY money - they aren't looking out for MY best interest. And I'm not sure about you, but I usually am working when the markets are open and my company doesn't pay me to follow the markets and events affecting the markets so that I can issue the buy or sell orders to "manage my own" money.

If we want to privatize something, then we could start by changing the laws to have fund management companies pay money on the value of the PROFITS my money made...not on the total value of my account every month. If my 401k is worth $100k at the start of October and worth $110,000 at the end of October (not counting my contributions), pay them a cut of the $10,000 profit it made. On the other hand, If my 401k is worth $100k at the start of October and I put in $1,000 during the month, and at the end of October it's value is $101k or less- they get nothing. IT kind of motivates them to look out for ME a little better. I mean...look at it this way....currently, if they get a 1% fee and my account is worth $100k - they get $1,000. If the value of my account DROPS to $99k, they still get $990 even though I LOST money.

So you rather the government treat the social security fund like their own private piggy bank?

How is that working out?

That was the whole reason people were backing privatizing Social Security, to keep the government's damn hands off OUR money. It's a harder to steal (and make no mistake our government is STEALING from us) from someone getting a monthly balance sheet than it is to steal from a combined fund we have no way to track. As it stands now you have no control. You just pay in and HOPE you get a return on the investment you were FORCED to make your whole working life.

So you rather the government treat the social security fund like their own private piggy bank?

How is that working out?

That was the whole reason people were backing privatizing Social Security, to keep the government's damn hands off OUR money. It's a harder to steal (and make no mistake our government is STEALING from us) from someone getting a monthly balance sheet than it is to steal from a combined fund we have no way to track. As it stands now you have no control. You just pay in and HOPE you get a return on the investment you were FORCED to make your whole working life.

They started stealing because 'supply side' economics wasn't working out. Instead of all this money flooding in, as the Laugher acolytes said it would....they found themselves running a little short. And so they pointed to Social Security and passed a "payroll tax" to help prop it up. Except that money never saw the SS fund....it went to the general fund...but they'd pay it back later.

They started stealing because 'supply side' economics wasn't working out. Instead of all this money flooding in, as the Laugher acolytes said it would....they found themselves running a little short. And so they pointed to Social Security and passed a "payroll tax" to help prop it up. Except that money never saw the SS fund....it went to the general fund...but they'd pay it back later.
DLaTzHdUIAAqPO4.jpg

When you

never had free market privatized insurance. gov't has been decider since about day one.

"single payor gov't run hc" wheeee

How is that working out?

Christ, 'La La' , AM I GLAD you inquired about Social Security.
Here's Why.
Last Week (the first of the month) Uncle Sam deposited $3,300.00 in our joint account for my and my old lady's SS.
Throw in a AA and Amtrak DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION(s) (Remember those " La La' ???? ) and a TWU retirement supplement, and I'm up to 4,150.00 a month TAX FREE. (I'll get back to the TAX FREE stuff in a minute)
Sooo, 4,150 x 12 puts me @ $ 50 G's a year (TAX FREE). we've got 3 Toyota's (2 cars and a 4x4 Truck, ALL paid off). Now not Rich by any stretch, we've only got utility bills. (2 Medicare AARP suppliment medical plans deducted from SS up front, with ZERO co-pays ). Add in World Wide Air Travel FOR LIFE (AA plus my sons FREE Delta bennie's for the 'old man') and free life time travel on Amtrak. In summary, The GOVERNMENT, and two Different UNIONS are making me a HAPPY CAMPER. And as I promised, I pay ZERO Federal taxes on 4/15, each year. Why ? Whatever the partial tax on SS benefits IS, is offset by our standard personal federal deductions. Helll, I even got a federal refund for $ 25. (NO state tax in good ol' NH) (NO mandatory auto ins. required in good ol' NH, though I do have a small amount).

So, 'La La', THANX for the SS inquiry, and keep those weekly SS deductions coming out of you pay check !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, I NEVER paid a F penny to any 401k plan.

PPS, And of course, I'm constantly on strict lookout for a Good 'Slip and Fall' !!

PPPS, I'll probably grab an 'Under the table - $$$' gig, Soon !

Hahahahahahahahahaha !!!

Last edited:
Here's Why.
Last Week (the first of the month) Uncle Sam deposited $3,300.00 in our joint account for my and my old lady's SS.
Throw in a AA and Amtrak DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION(s) (Remember those " La La' ???? ) and a TWU retirement supplement, and I'm up to 4,150.00 a month TAX FREE. (I'll get back to the TAX FREE stuff in a minute)
Sooo, 4,150 x 12 puts me @ $ 50 G's a year (TAX FREE). we've got 3 Toyota's (2 cars and a 4x4 Truck, ALL paid off). Now not Rich by any stretch, we've only got utility bills. (2 Medicare AARP suppliment medical plans deducted from SS up front, with ZERO co-pays ). Add in World Wide Air Travel FOR LIFE (AA plus my sons FREE Delta bennie's for the 'old man') and free life time travel on Amtrak. In summary, The GOVERNMENT, and two Different UNIONS are making me a HAPPY CAMPER. And as I promised, I pay ZERO Federal taxes on 4/15, each year. Why ? Whatever the partial tax on SS benefits IS, is offset by our standard personal federal deductions. Helll, I even got a federal refund for $ 25. (NO state tax in good ol' NH) (NO mandatory auto ins. required in good ol' NH, though I do have a small amount).

So, 'La La', THANX for the SS inquiry, and keep those weekly SS deductions coming out of you pay check !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPS, And of course, I'm constantly on strict lookout for a Good 'Slip and Fall' !!

Hahahahahahahahahaha !!!
Good for you Bears.

I hope you leave a nice large inheritance to your children sooner rather than later.

Here's Why.

Hahahahahahahahahaha !!!

With all your wealth, take a homeless Bear to lunch.....

1450524474-a8B.jpg

Just another example of a manipulative liberal trying to muddy the waters.

He is not getting anything he did not pay into every 2 weeks like clockwork his whole career.

That's the difference..

So your argument anyone who has taken advantage of the ACA has been on the dole their entire life? Hard to support that.

So your argument anyone who has taken advantage of the ACA has been on the dole their entire life? Hard to support that.
Where did I say that?

Are you actually reading what I wrote or are you just attempting to put words in my mouth to fit your narrative?

Latest posts