Republicans want to eliminate overtime and the 40 hour work week!

I can't see the problem with employers eliminating the OT???? I don't live paycheck to paycheck, and overtime is gravy to me. If they wanted to give me only comp instead, I may or may not take it.

Having been an "exempt" employee for the past 30 years, "comp time" is something they give us as a reward for working 60 hours but only being paid for 40. Why not improve productivity even more and make everyone exempt - you get paid for 40 hours regardless of how many hours you work...and if someone bitches, give them some comp time

Ah...south, don't look now, but most Europeans not only have quality health care provided by their *gasp* government, but they also get two month vacations AND don't work 80 hours a week.

Yeah right, let's become more like Greece and Cyprus.

Okay signals, I'll bite. we get rid of overtime pay. Are you more inclined to hire extra workers to keep people from working overtime, or would you be more inclined to a "mandatory 50" hour work week - knowing that you only need to pay the base rate.

NOt sure how many hourly workers would be willing to bite on "comp time". Sounds great, but a day off didn't let someone help pay down their mortgage like overtime pay does.
I hate comp time, as I said, but on a very rare occasion it helps. What is going on in my industry to cut OT is to hire more workers. I don't think you will ever see a mandatory 50 hour week, at least not in our lifetimes.

Having been an "exempt" employee for the past 30 years, "comp time" is something they give us as a reward for working 60 hours but only being paid for 40. Why not improve productivity even more and make everyone exempt - you get paid for 40 hours regardless of how many hours you work...and if someone bitches, give them some comp time
I think management is already there on unpaid OT. You do know where $#!t flows, right?

I hate comp time, as I said, but on a very rare occasion it helps. What is going on in my industry to cut OT is to hire more workers. I don't think you will ever see a mandatory 50 hour week, at least not in our lifetimes.

I saw them at Sprint in the late 1990's, right after I left. Since most of the workforce was exempt, the implemented a "mandatory 50" hour work week. Of course, "slackers" could expect a layoff, so many were working even longer. I understand Dish Network has a similar program - "mandatory overtime" - without the overtime pay.

I saw them at Sprint in the late 1990's, right after I left. Since most of the workforce was exempt, the implemented a "mandatory 50" hour work week. Of course, "slackers" could expect a layoff, so many were working even longer. I understand Dish Network has a similar program - "mandatory overtime" - without the overtime pay.

That sounds like something that would 'FLY SMOOTH'...in say ......GEORGIA !

Fortunately,...We don't see this....STRANGE Fascination of inserting one's Penis..into one's RECTUM...up here in the NE corner of the USA, though I'm told it's extremely Prevalent in very warm climates throughout the country !

Strange.
Very Strange indeed !

LEAN FORWARD / "12" MORE YEARS !

Fortunately,...We don't see this....STRANGE Fascination of inserting one's Penis..into one's RECTUM...up here in the NE corner of the USA, though I'm told it's extremely Prevalent in very warm climates throughout the country !

really now? I thought that was a way of life for people in the NE or is that some sort of sterotype like the ignorant ones you have about people in the south?

That sounds like something that would 'FLY SMOOTH'...in say ......GEORGIA !

Strange.
Very Strange indeed !

LEAN FORWARD / "12" MORE YEARS !

Funny, thought you lived up in the 'live free or gay' area of the country.
banana_smiley_115.gif

Bears, I have to say, I've read your stuff for comic relief, but lately, you've become a nasty version of Archie Bunker.

Hate to say it, but you're joining my "too ignorant to waste time reading" list...

Bears, I have to say, I've read your stuff for comic relief, but lately, you've become a nasty version of Archie Bunker.

Hate to say it, but you're joining my "too ignorant to waste time reading" list...
Clearly you haven't been paying attention.
Bears has been nuts for .... ever... :p
Once in awhile there is a moment of clarity, other than that, NADA!
B) xUT

Back