Retirees filed to be reheard

Yes Tom, that's why I'm a damn good bag tosser and a horrible comedian.
Kudos to Bob for getting it! :)

Bag tosser, chucker, chunker, slammer or smasher? Just don’t claim to be a bag handler or the wrench monkeys will say you have no edumacation and you’se be ridin dem coattails man.

wash rinse repeat
7 days left.

Bob I’m sorry here but I think I’m asking you a simple question. What are you going to do when the money doesn’t come in 7 days? (It’s not coming)

Otherwise a daily countdown is slightly annoying (Yes coming from me)

I know already Bob, 7 days.

Actually Bob it's 4 days left, on years we got paid the week of thanksgiving we would get the deposit on Wednesdays. I fully support my union but sometimes you need to be honest with those you trust. I'm disappointed in the manner in which this whole distribution is being handled. From vaguely worded updates and Q & A's to the lack of a plan. When the retirees case was dismissed the last time by the 9th court and their own lawyer wrote them and said he can take it no further the international should have started planning. Have a plan A if the retirees didn't appeal to scous and a plan B if they didn't. That was a 90 day window they missed. They are fully aware if how long members have been waiting and their inaction during the 90 day window is disappointing. It seems they are reactionary and not proactive. Only when members start calling and emailing do we get any response. Leaders need to lead. I place the blame on the international and personally want more then a cheap sorry this took so long from them. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time but this has dragged on long enough. My local president told the membership we would receive it before thanksgiving, he is an honorable man but now his word is coming into question

Reactions: bob@las-AA
Actually Bob it's 4 days left, on years we got paid the week of thanksgiving we would get the deposit on Wednesdays. I fully support my union but sometimes you need to be honest with those you trust. I'm disappointed in the manner in which this whole distribution is being handled. From vaguely worded updates and Q & A's to the lack of a plan. When the retirees case was dismissed the last time by the 9th court and their own lawyer wrote them and said he can take it no further the international should have started planning. Have a plan A if the retirees didn't appeal to scous and a plan B if they didn't. That was a 90 day window they missed. They are fully aware if how long members have been waiting and their inaction during the 90 day window is disappointing. It seems they are reactionary and not proactive. Only when members start calling and emailing do we get any response. Leaders need to lead. I place the blame on the international and personally want more then a cheap sorry this took so long from them. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time but this has dragged on long enough. My local president told the membership we would receive it before thanksgiving, he is an honorable man but now his word is coming into question

Steve did Fa state an absolute that you guys would get a check before Thanksgiving or did he say that they would “like” to get the checks out to us before Thanksgiving? If not then before Christmas.

Steve did Fa state an absolute that you guys would get a check before Thanksgiving or did he say that they would “like” to get the checks out to us before Thanksgiving? If not then before Christmas.

Weez, the absolute of his words technically can be questioned by some, as I will now do, but his words were heard by the membership. When he said by thanksgiving and being a trusted person most would think he was given this information and he was certain of it prior to telling the membership. Certainties are non existent these days. Can I quote you that with a certainly we will get it on Christmas? Lol jk

Weez, the absolute of his words technically can be questioned by some, as I will now do, but his words were heard by the membership. When he said by thanksgiving and being a trusted person most would think he was given this information and he was certain of it prior to telling the membership. Certainties are non existent these days. Can I quote you that with a certainly we will get it on Christmas? Lol jk

Oh I’m certain that Fa was given information or at least a comment that IMO was stated they’d “like” to get it out to us before the Holidays. Be that Thanksgiving or Christmas.

It’s what Fa said to the Membership there that I’d be interested in knowing? (HIS credibility on the line)

Steve I’m 100% positive after that last “Official” TWU update that NO ONE was told from any rep of the ATD or International that we would get any money before Thanksgiving.

That update was very specific that they wouldn’t rush the process just to get something out. And I don’t trust anyone. No one is Mother Theresa including William Fa.