Reunion with a Gorilla

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
If this does not warm your heart you need to find a mortuary.

I do not think we give the great apes nearly enough credit. They are amazing mammals. The video speaks for it's self.

http://youtu.be/FZ-bJFVJ2P0

Great story's....both !

Gotta' admit though Tree, when I glanced quickly at the topic, I thought it was put up there by 'southwind, with his propensity for Monkey pictures, his 'cooler logo and anything pertaining to the President of the United States!

While the bear story is heart warming there is a difference between a animal that is familiar with a human handler (dogs, a bear .... etc) and a gorillia that is sentient (self aware) and actually knows (on a level that a human 'knows') who his care taker was after 5 years of absense. The great apes are our closest relatives on this rock we live on. What I found impressive was that after a 5 year absense the gorillia seemed to know who his care taker was on an entierly different level than what we typically associate with other mammals.

While the bear story is heart warming there is a difference between a animal that is familiar with a human handler (dogs, a bear .... etc) and a gorillia that is sentient (self aware) and actually knows (on a level that a human 'knows') who his care taker was after 5 years of absense. The great apes are our closest relatives on this rock we live on. What I found impressive was that after a 5 year absense the gorillia seemed to know who his care taker was on an entierly different level than what we typically associate with other mammals.
628x471.jpg

Gorillas are remarkable. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie 'Gorillas in the Mist', I would highly recommend it.

Based on the true story of Anthropologist Dr. Dian Fossey, who spent 14 years in the Virunga Mountains of Rwanda Studying the huge primates where after a number of years she was accepted by one of the gorilla family groups and treated as a member. After an absence of 3 years, she returns to visit her beloved gorillas to find out if they still remember and accept her.

Good movie...

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts