Richard promises pay increase announcement soon

OK Kev..........lets try this !
I own a lanscaping company and hire you to pull weeds for "MY COMPANY". I will insure you have a safe environment to work at, i.e. no dogs in the yard, at "MY COMPANY" since I don't want you trying to sue "MY COMPANY". I said I will pay you $5.00 an hour to pull said weeds and you agreed.
Two weeks later you say, "I want more money and don't want to pull weeds anymore, to which I reply " Your free to leave and find a job at another company paying more than $5.00 an hour pulling weeds"..............since it is.............."MY COMPANY" !

BTW............NXNW, it's "BECKON CALL" and no matter how you spin it "Beck" is related to music !

First of all, in our example you'd be in violation of labor laws for paying less than minimum wage....

What happens when you willingly leave the safety guards off equipment I'll be using?

When you neglect to tell the homeowners to put the pitbulls inside?

When you decide that you're not going to pay O.T. after either 8 hours in a day or 40 in a week (depending on what state you're in)?

When out of nowhere you decide that you'll only be paying $2.50/hour, even though we *both* agreed to $5.00?

Using your earlier statements, the worker should have no recourse; either with you or the state. Is this correct? That's not what you're really trying to convey is it?

P.S. Note to T5towbar: Excellent posts, and congrats on you guys getting a little back! :up:

You're already setting yourself up for a lawsuit. You're paying employees below federal minimum wage........lol.

That comes after he cuts his illegal wages, and before the worker finds out that he is pocketing the difference of the Fed. wage requirement.

Now, South has this big job that MUST be finished by tomorrow, the worker knows this and demands ALL of his stolen back wages..PLUS $1.00 above min. wage, or you can take your job and shove it! (that's called self help). South agrees, as he will still make a huge profit. NOT so fast the worker says..."in order to prevent this from EVER happening again, sign this contract so that we don't have any more "mis-understandings" as I am sure you didn't "mean" to steal my hard earned wages. (No wonder he couldn't get other workers to work for him)

And yet another poor me I'm a little person reply. Let me ask you something, have you ever done anything to improve your chances of getting a bigger piece of the pie? I'm talking about college, trade school or some other higher learning avenue? Maybe even get a mangement position by earning it? You and a couple of others in here are so pathetic sounding. You have to hire a third party to represent you because you haven't the resume to get ahead with any company in any industry. Exactly what profits have you "created"? You are just a whiner and complainer and that will get you no more than you have to pay someone to get you.

A very good point that most can't (won't) answer honestly.

why is it that some assume we do not have college educations including an inadequate resume to get ahead in any industry? and do not have the ability to create profits?
because...
I am not stupid
I have a college education
I speak two languages
I have(what I believe through decades of hard work) a competitive resume.
I am just one in thousands of professionals.
I believe I make a difference.
I like what I do.

I love traveling to new places meeting new people :D :up:

if there is one thing I have learned from "some of these comments"...

additional professionalism(complimenting those who have a clue what that is all about already there) is dearly needed, which our group will bring.

You guys are making a few very incorrect assumptions:

1. That folks aspire to be in management. Did you ever consider people like the positions they have? Along with that, NW treats local management horribly. Aside from all the corporate BS they have to deal with, they also have much worse benefits than the unionized workers in their stations. why would someone willingly move to a position like that?

2. That either company promotes from within. I can tell you NW does *very* little of that. From what I've read here and on other sites DL is the same.

3. That no one on the "frontline" has any education. On my crew alone, we have the following:

*2 people have 4 year degrees

*2 have some college education, but haven't finished yet.

*1 technical school graduate (HVAC)

*1 currently in school finishing his degree

*1 who came straight to the airlines from the military after Vietnam, where he was a SeaBee

That's just one crew in one station. In the others I've worked in, the averages have been about the same.

As for me personally, I have plenty of qualifications to "move ahead" either in this industry, or another. I choose to stay where I'm at because of the flexibility it allows (more time with my kid, for starters). I also actually like what I do, and want to continue doing it, something that most likely won't happen without a scope clause....

That must be why you and Dl Tech obviously are comfortable at the bottom of industry compensation (afraid to "rock the boat") cause you aren't equipped to do anything else? Just speculating, trying to understand the doormat approach.

Moreover, if you two can't figure out who and how the profits are made of your merger partner (superior profits to what you have done), it's understandable. It appears you are frequently asking others to "prove" things to you, a sly display of laziness, and wanting others to do the leg work for you.

Just remember...the TRUTH will set you free from the Darkside! I stand ready to assist in your de-programing.

That must be why you and Dl Tech obviously are comfortable at the bottom of industry compensation (afraid to "rock the boat") cause you aren't equipped to do anything else? Just speculating, trying to understand the doormat approach.

Moreover, if you two can't figure out who and how the profits are made of your merger partner (superior profits to what you have done), it's understandable. It appears you are frequently asking others to "prove" things to you, a sly display of laziness, and wanting others to do the leg work for you.

Just remember...the TRUTH will set you free from the Darkside! I stand ready to assist in your de-programing.

Very well put, NxNW. :up:

Someday, maybe these guys will actually answer the questions asked of them, but I doubt it...

Northwest is the only company making less then us now (AMFA rocks).

Doctors once got a friend's medication mixed up, she thought she was an astronaut on her way to meet aliens on the moon. It sounds like you can relate to that experience naturally.

Just keep thinking Contract=equality...adult recogniztion. I will assist you in your quest for freedom from the Darkside.

Seek the Light my friend.

Yes AMFA does rock...I far outpace your DL salary thanks to the fight we did at NWA and raised the BAR on the airlines, a nice wage I and the others at FedEx enjoy. It was NWA who lowered the bar by busting the maintenance operation and reducing it to the bottom of the barrel and DL sits just above it, thats why I work with so many DL guys who left on their own to come to FedEx because your pay is nothing to brag about.

Yes AMFA does rock...I far outpace your DL salary thanks to the fight we did at NWA and raised the BAR on the airlines, a nice wage I and the others at FedEx enjoy. It was NWA who lowered the bar by busting the maintenance operation and reducing it to the bottom of the barrel and DL sits just above it, thats why I work with so many DL guys who left on their own to come to FedEx because your pay is nothing to brag about.
You beet me too the punch Lineguy.

Welcome to the "New" Delta!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/75822

Americans pay for the loss of their own jobs...

Is FORD asking Mexico for a bailout?

"The Detroit Free Press discovered documents which detailed Ford's plans to invest $9.2 billion in Mexico, which includes a new 280,000 square foot assembly plant. Ford already produces a large portion of their vehicles in Mexico and with their plans to expand existing plants and by using local suppliers, Ford will create 37,420 jobs in Mexico."

FORD can DROP DEAD...as far as I am concern.

Welcome to the "New" Delta!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/75822

Americans pay for the loss of their own jobs...

Is FORD asking Mexico for a bailout?

"The Detroit Free Press discovered documents which detailed Ford's plans to invest $9.2 billion in Mexico, which includes a new 280,000 square foot assembly plant. Ford already produces a large portion of their vehicles in Mexico and with their plans to expand existing plants and by using local suppliers, Ford will create 37,420 jobs in Mexico."

FORD can DROP DEAD...as far as I am concern.

The American sentiment is that we want to be paid the most (wages) but want to pay the least for goods and services. People need to come to grips and understand that shopping at Walmart, Sams Club, etc., and complaining about their workers plight at the same time is useless.