Richard retiring

Wow, I would't have expected Jacobson to be sidelined here, but good for Glenn and Ed.

Wow!

I'm a little surprised Lentsch didn't move up, but maybe that's just me...

Last time Anderson left a carrier, things got "interesting." Different world now, so I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

eolesen said:
Wow, I would't have expected Jacobson to be sidelined here, but good for Glenn and Ed.

Paul hasn't been around long enough. They weren't by passing two people here during BK up.

Kev3188 said:
Wow!
Last time Anderson left a carrier, things got "interesting." Different world now, so I hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Alright you lost me with lentsch?

I thought he would be a lock to back fill Gil West, but when I went to look at the org. chart again, I see that West didn't move up so much as he just took on extra depts.

Kev3188 said:
Wow!
Lentsch, hired from Champion to herd scabs. Gil West, ugh.

Rumor has it Gil's plate was intentionally loaded up to set him up to fail or to leave.

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2016/02/04/dl-anderson-departure/

Those in the know are not speaking out much, but there has been some scuttlebutt making the rounds suggesting that perhaps Mr. Anderson had finally gone just a bit too far, pushing just a few too many people and issues too hard. Delta is the most outspoken of the US3 regarding the ME3 subsidy issue, continuing the saber-rattling well after American and United appear set to pursue the issue through channels (if at all) rather than in the media. Delta has been the most vocal carrier about Air Traffic Control reform in the US, opposing the privatization efforts being pursued by Congress and supported by other major carriers. The divisive nature of the company’s positions has led it to exit Airlines for America, the 80-year old industry lobbying group it has been a member of for decades.

It has been suggested that this was too much for the Board of Directors to take. It was decision time on whether to renew the contract or not and this provided a smooth way to facilitate an exit without stirring up too much controversy. It is an opportunity to bring some fresh blood into the role, maybe even a CEO who uses e-mail (I don’t know if Bastian does; I know Anderson does not). Then again, Bastian is not really much younger nor really fresh blood; he’s been part of Anderson’s team for many years now and expecting significant changes in direction at this point would be foolhardy, mostly because the current direction is spectacularly profitable and operationally sound; it keeps passengers, employees and investors happy.

metopower said:
. The rumor is and has been for awhile that he has a health issue.

Yes, Many are wishing him a full recovery.
He would have like to put in a least 10 years.
Other circumstances made that unachievable.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts