RJET sells F9 to Indigo

Dunno. Dave was there to fill a chair and provide a degree of separation from RJET management and F9. Franke and Indigo may want to put someone else in charge who doesn't have any connection whatsoever...

I don't see this being a positive for F9 in the long run. $36M?.... That's all the franchise is worth?....

Last time I checked, they were still cash positive, but the brand has become pretty splintered over the past 18 months.

At least with RJET as an owner, they had some degree of access to financing. Maybe Indigo really can self-fund what they need, but I just don't see their new and evolving business model being able to generate a whole lot of excitement with investment banks...
I would love to see Dave in a chair. The one that is the last stop in the big house.

Hmmm. Do pilots focus on cost control or make route planning selections?....

Go read the executive bios on the website. You've had Allegiant management on the finance & planning side at F9 for over 18 months. It's part of what made F9 attractive to Indigo.

Actually, smart ###, they do.

Long before pencil diks like you drain the coffers of airlines with your managament "ideas",
Pilots are focused on cost control, ie: whats the cost of a crash if they make a mistake?

And as far as route selection, they make them everyday.... Which way around the next thunderstorm, which we call "rain showers" so people like you dont wet there pants...sitting in the back.

So, go manage a popsicle stand or an airline. To people like you there both the same.

Go hide in your cubicle .....

Reactions: 1 person
Now that F9 is out from under the thumb of Republic, can the pilots trigger a representation election to bring back FAPA and kick the Teamsters to the curb?

AdAstraPerAspera said:
Now that F9 is out from under the thumb of Republic, can the pilots trigger a representation election to bring back FAPA and kick the Teamsters to the curb?
When they buy the west ops from USAirways, it will be a Mcascall-Bond intergration. Then they will be able to card for a new representative. USAPA will not represent the west after the new seniority integration there.

USAPA would go for a DOH integration with the Frontier pilots, however due to integrity issues. The former west pilots would like to be slotted in below the Frontier pilots......

im back..!! said:
When they buy the west ops from USAirways, it will be a Mcascall-Bond intergration. Then they will be able to card for a new representative. USAPA will not represent the west after the new seniority integration there.

USAPA would go for a DOH integration with the Frontier pilots, however due to integrity issues. The former west pilots would like to be slotted in below the Frontier pilots......

You're right about one thing, USAPA has never represented West pilots and with the settlement with the DOJ, US Airways goes away and we all will be represented by the APA.

One other thing,.....divest
In a release, the DoJ said the airlines would divest slots, gates and ground facilities from LaGuardia, Reagan National, Boston Logan, Chicago O'Hare, LAX, Dallas Love Field and Miami International airports.

I don't see Phoenix in that list. There goes you theory.

snapthis said:
You're right about one thing, USAPA has never represented West pilots and with the settlement with the DOJ, US Airways goes away and we all will be represented by the APA.

In a release, the DoJ said the airlines would divest slots, gates and ground facilities from LaGuardia, Reagan National, Boston Logan, Chicago O'Hare, LAX, Dallas Love Field and Miami International airports.

Having the forced protection of ops at the certain airports, Phoenix in particular, should help our case to carry over the conditions and restrictions that protect the west pilots.
There is a silver lining in everything...

im back..!! said:
Having the forced protection of ops at the certain airports, Phoenix in particular, should help our case to carry over the conditions and restrictions that protect the west pilots.
There is a silver lining in everything...
I'll bet the folks at Frontier don't want any part of what you put the West pilots through since 2005. There is a good reason USAPA will not survive the merger with AA.

I'm sure there will be a Silver lining in the form of a ruling from Judge Silver imposing conditions and restrictions on USAPA. 

That is, if there is an USAPA. Goodbye Airways, hello AA and the APA.

Rest assured, your DOH, that you bid with and always have, will be protected in your base of Phoenix. And you will be able to bid other bases with the same horsepower everyone else has, their DOH.... Unless you can convince the APA to let you jump in front of them.LMFAO

it doesn't change that Parker will find whatever way he can to get out anything he said to get the merger approved and PHX may or may not be apart of new AA's network in the future.
Whether Parker's actions give F9 any greater opportunity to rebuild in the west remains to be seen but the growth opportunity is with the ULCC segment. Despite what the DOJ thinks, the LFCs are no longer the low fare saviors to the nation they once were.