Robert Isom Interview

Ok, then how did the IAM manage to maintain it's position when the NMB has aleays determined the larger union wiill stay?
Again, $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Let me spell it out for you. Everybody has their price. The association insisted we will vote on the association to make us feel like we have control of union representation and our future. Somehow, somewhere and someone convinced the NMB to sign off on the association without a membership vote. It's done. We lost. Get over it. Want to do something about it? Try to convince a majority of our work group and related to change representation. You know, a card drive.
I seriously doubt that will ever happen again. The association has divided us more now than I've seen in my career with AA. I'm focusing on retirement. That's my reality. Trying to change unions at this point is virtually impossible. I'll say a 10% chance just to leave a small window open for a miracle.

Again, $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Let me spell it out for you. Everybody has their price. The association insisted we will vote on the association to make us feel like we have control of union representation and our future. Somehow, somewhere and someone convinced the NMB to sign off on the association without a membership vote. It's done. We lost. Get over it. Want to do something about it? Try to convince a majority of our work group and related to change representation. You know, a card drive.
I seriously doubt that will ever happen again. The association has divided us more now than I've seen in my career with AA. I'm focusing on retirement. That's my reality. Trying to change unions at this point is virtually impossible. I'll say a 10% chance just to leave a small window open for a miracle.

To change unions right now , seeing that there are only a few choices. If an AFL-CIO sponsored union would be the chance of creating a dual unionism charge.
Similar to forming an Association.

Ok, then how did the IAM manage to maintain it's position when the NMB has aleays determined the larger union wiill stay?

You guys got bamboozzled. IAM steered that boat the whole way thru the NMB knowing there would never be a vote. They said the NMB would do the vote so as to keep the membership calm and keep AMFA out of the vote, then bam!!! All of a sudden the NMB certified the asso. with no vote even after your unions put it in writing that you would have a vote, that my friend is enough for a FTR lawsuit against both unions and the asso. and it should have been done. I tried my a$$ off to warn you guys and no one would take the effort (except for about a half dozen) to call or write the NMB and inquire who would be conducting and putting on a vote for the asso. and they would have been told that the NMB has no jurisdiction over those two unions joining together as one and there would be no vote held by the NMB it is totally up to the union to have a vote if they have one at all, and, they never had one and submitted to NMB for certification of the new joint asso. and everyone got royally screwed and are stuck with this POS asso. as your representation for life. That's how my friend...