Rodman, ex-NBA All Stars arrive in North Korea

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
Rodman, ex-NBA All Stars arrive in North Korea
Rodman's squad — featuring ex-All Stars Kenny Anderson, Cliff Robinson and Vin Baker — will play against a team of North Koreans on Wednesday, which is believed to be Kim's birthday. The former NBA players, who arrived in Pyongyang on Monday, also include Eric "Sleepy" Floyd, guard Doug Christie and Charles D. Smith, who played for the New York Knicks. Four streetballers are also on the squad.

"The marshal is actually trying to change this country in a great way," Rodman said of Kim, using the leader's official title. "I think that people thought that this was a joke, and Dennis Rodman is just doing this because fame and fortune." Instead, he said, he sees the game as a "birthday present" for Kim and his country.

:wacko:

Reactions: 2 people
I don't follow basketball. Are any of the players famous or were they famous?

Why on earth would anyone want to be associated wit Rodman or N Korea. Baffling.

"Rodman's squad — featuring ex-All Stars Kenny Anderson, Cliff Robinson and Vin Baker — will play against a team of North Koreans on Wednesday, which is believed to be Kim's birthday. The former NBA players, who arrived in Pyongyang on Monday, also include Eric "Sleepy" Floyd, guard Doug Christie and Charles D. Smith, who played for the New York Knicks. Four streetballers are also on the squad."

Nice to see "Uncle Cliffy" can still play.

Sleepy Floyd? He's gotta be pushing 60, I'd think?

Ms Tree said:
I don't follow basketball. Are any of the players famous or were they famous?

Why on earth would anyone want to be associated wit Rodman or N Korea. Baffling.

Dennis Rodmans money problems are well known.  Me thinks he's getting a nice pay check for his troubles.  Same probably goes for those scrubs who went with him.  You don't see Michael Jordan, Larry Bird or Magic Johnson tagging along.  Cash flow is not an issue for those guys and they know better.

Reactions: 1 person

On his third and most recent trip to Pyongyang this month, Rodman reportedly brought several gifts for the young Kim’s 31st birthday. They allegedly included hundreds of dollars’ worth of Irish Jameson whiskey, European crystal, an Italian suit, a fur coat, and an English Mulberry handbag for Kim’s wife, Ri Sol-ju.
But these gifts, reportedly worth more than $10,000, may not have been all. Michael Spavor, a Beijing-based consultant who facilitated and joined Rodman’s trip, tweeted a photo of Rodman apparently displaying several bottles of his own brand “Bad Ass Vodka” for Kim Jong Un and his wife.
These gifts could be more than tasteless. They could also put Rodman in legal jeopardy. They appear to be violations of United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1718, adopted in 2006, and UNSCR 2094, adopted in 2013.
Perhaps more importantly, Rodman may have violated an American law called the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), as implemented by Executive Order 13551, which President Obama signed in 2010, which makes it a violation of U.S. law for any person determined by the Treasury and State Departments “to have, directly or indirectly, imported, exported, or reexported luxury goods to or into North Korea.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/24/u-s-investigating-dennis-rodman-for-busting-sanctions.html

Maybe Barack will decide to not enforce his own EO?

Is it me or does it seem odd that a guy with a drinking problem has his own brand of vodka?