Ruling Blocks Ual Jet Seizure

I think, if U were to disappear, that at least for a time, we might see an increase in fares, due to a decrease in seats. True, there may not be a lot of overlap between UA and U, but the palayers remaining might ease of a bit of chasing every single passenger and that could lead to an increase in yeilds. While slight, all helps.

U 8is currently burning the furniture, trying to keep warm and who knows, they may make it, but that realistically is not good for the other airlines.

WorldTraveler said:
It's interesting to watch the divergence of opinions re: cost cuts at UA appear on this forum just as it developed at US just months ago. Those who seem most willing to put up with the cost cuts are the ones who seem most unwilling to move on to other companies. In reality, UA will be back for more cuts from every sources as long as they are allowed to seek the "easy" way out - which is doing anything but fixing the business model.

Oil is below $43 BBL this morning which is both a bless and a curse for UAL and is expected to continue to fall. For airlines that are still trying to cut costs, decreasing oil makes obtaining concessions even harder.
[post="205885"][/post]​
World,
Good points.
I think the reason some employees are willing to take the cuts and stay with Ual is this: the other jobs out there for some are still not as high as they are with Ual.
It is hard for employees with high seniority to give this up.
I agree that management hasn't come up with a better plan and they will be the demise of the company if they don't walk away and keep the productive employees working.
You figure if a Ceo, Pres., and I don't have a clue as how many VP's they have today cannot do anything but reduce wages to bring in a profit, what is their use?

There are some employees who are liabilities. If Front line Management would do the unpleasant part of their jobs, more cost savings would be realized as well.

Back