Rumor: Auckland and Abu Dhabi announcement

Abu Dhabi is off the table now.

Second daily to Hong Kong (from LAX) is now looking imminent. 

United adding Chengdu (iPad factory) in May 2016. Wonder if AA will add more China cities.

I wonder if AA will make a play to get back in to DEL or TPE from a US gateway. They weren't in those markets long.

Rumor floating around another web page is AA is going to announce LAX-HKG for a December start with a 773.

Future routes out of LAX also being looked at is PVG and ICN.

700UW said:
Rumor floating around another web page is AA is going to announce LAX-HKG for a December start with a 773.

Future routes out of LAX also being looked at is PVG and ICN.

The company already serves Shanghai out of LA.  Don't let the facts get in your way.

Reactions: 1 person
The Abu Dhabi rumour refuses to die. An Airways blogger said this on Fri, Jan 8:

Presumably, one would think that airberlin’s schedule would be designed to complement Etihad on days when it does not operate into DFW, but the likely reason for this gap is that American Airlines is strongly considering a sub-weekly operation into Abu Dhabi on its own metal.
http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2016/01/07/dfw-air-berlin-ow/

Unless EY and AA announce a joint business agreement and a request for antitrust immunity, I don't see any chance of AA flying to AUH. It just doesn't make any sense.

As for LAX, I agree that ICN and PEK would make sense and it's widely rumoured that AA will begin flying LAX-HKG by the end of the year. Additional destinations, while not real likely, could include TPE and secondary cities in China.

787-9 is coming in October. That will probably fit well on LAX to Asia/Pac routes. But who knows with these killer El Nino winds you may only get half way there!

I'm told AA's got a press conference scheduled in LAX for this week to announce LAX-HKG, and possibly more (which could be routes and/or terminal moves in the shadows of what DL announced last week).

Reactions: 4 people