Rumor has it DL PHL-LHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
DL did not increase frequencies AFTER the strike was announced. DL had already increased capacity before the strike was ever announced - and has increased capacity for next summer.

There is no talk of any strikes next year.

DL just happened to benefit from having more capacity in the market at the time when it could most be used.

I didn't say that DL was counting on a strike. DL just happened to have a strategy to grow and the AF/KL strike certainly helped DL accomplish its strategy.

it will be interesting to watch UA"s results given LH's strikes... the difference between the two is that LH's strikes have been a couple of days at most so it is easy enough to convince people to rebook while AF's strike was fairly long term - two weeks - meaning passengers had to be reaccommodated and DL and KL had the capacity to handle most of that traffic.

WorldTraveler said:
Since you wrote an incomplete statement, I'm not sure what you are saying but if ALPA didn't believe that DL was properly handling the AF-KL JV, ALPA wouldn't have signed an agreement regarding VS.

ALPA realizes that the AF strike on top of the capacity that DL had already put back into the market helped dramatically to put DL in compliance and that the growth that DL is adding to its network is far in excess of what AF-KL is doing.

but since that doesn't fit your narrative, it isn't surprising that you don't want to believe the facts that show that - or the obvious reality that ALPA doesn't agree with you.
Okay, so no you don't understand scope. 

DALPA signing an agreement over Virgin has nothing to do with AF/KL/AZ. DALPA had no scope (basically) dealing with virgin, DALPA moved quickly to get an agreement signed so that Delta could do whatever they wanted. (for example, Virgin taking over all LHR routes) 

You don't give away scope because they AF/KL agreement. All DALPA would do is hurt itself if they didn't sign an agreement. 

Its okay that you don't understand how a basic contract or basic scope works. Try to google it or something one day. 

jcw said:
Compliance - so DL has been out of compliance?  Is this another mistake at DL?
its not a mistake. 

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

I thought that DL did not increase frequency across the Atlantic during the AF pilot strike?  Or is that incorrect?

BTW:  I'm no business major, but relying on your JV partner to have a strike in order for you to be in compliance with your pilots agreement is not a very sound business strategy (i.e. I know the French love strikes, but one can't count on AF pilots striking every year ... ... ...)
The problem is he doesn't know what he is talking about. Delta is so far out of compliance that the strike did nothing. the resent small capacity adds have done nothing. 

Last I heard Delta would have to add 6-8 year round daily TATL routes to be back at its 52% share Delta management agreed too. 

Reactions: 1 person
to say that the strike did nothing is simply ignorance.

DL had already grown its capacity by about 10%. AF cancelled about 1/2 of its flights for a two week period. KL operated close to a full schedule. AF's share of the JV plummeted while DL's grew.

it absolutely made a difference. to argue otherwise requires using UGa math.

and the reason why ALPA is not fixating on the AF-KL-AZ JV balance issue is because AF is not growing while DL is. In case you missed it, AF is in a major restructuring mode and their mgmt. is not adding capacity over the Atlantic. DL is.

If DALPA felt that DL was not upholding their end of the requirement regarding the AF/KL/AZ JV, they sure wouldn't have signed an agreement regarding VS.

and further, the ALPA agreement regarding the DL-VS JV is LESS stringent in terms of cure language than the DL-AF-KL agreement. If ALPA didn't trust DL mgmt. regarding AF-KL, they sure wouldn't have signed an agreement that
gave the company more wiggle room.

face it. You are trying to carry the water for an organization to which you don't belong and whose members recognize the value DL is providing them. You have the issue with DL, while they don't.

Kinda like you who isn't part of delta anymore, you took the money and ran.

Reactions: 2 people
I am not paid and funny never applied at DL, so make up more lies.

By the way I have worked for ML, UA, PI and US, I would say that's pretty qualified.

well, since actually applying is indeed a qualification, yes, I am correct.

you are younger than me, don't even work in the industry anymore, and managed to work for 4 airlines....

what gives?

hey dawg,
DL just released its traffic results for Nov 2014.

guess what? DL added 3.5% more capacity on the Atlantic and saw a blistering 9.6% increase in mainline domestic traffic on 4.7% more capacity. Latin America was up 14.5%. Regional carrier capacity was down 3.6%

Doesn't sound like DL is outsourcing anything to anyone but instead adding capacity as fast as it can train pilots.

oh... and DL reported a 4.5% increase in RASM and operated 99.9% of its flights.

let me know what other carriers match - let alone exceed - that performance.

DL also noted particular strength in ATL and SEA.

Are you on drugs?

Applying is not a qualification.

A quality or accomplishment that makes someone suitable for a particular job or activity.

Are you on drugs?

Applying is not a qualification.

well, yes, you have to apply in order to be considered for the job.

hey, kevvie,
why don't you take up your concern with board domination with the paid labor salesman who decided to throw in my status with DL.... I don't suppose you are objective enough to realize that has nothing to do with the topic?

Labor salesman?

I was paid to work the IBT raid at US, so please show the board that I am working the DL campaign, hint you won't and when the LM-2 comes out you won't find it.

I am not on the DL campaign nor any work for the IAM.

So how much is Ford and Harrison to post you anti-union and anti-worker diatribe?

you have been paid to unionize.

like tax evasion, that will always a "badge of honor" you get to carry.

to pretend you don't have a vested financial interest in unionizing DL employees is beyond foolish...and DL employees are smart enough to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.