Rumor has it DL PHL-LHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
jcw said:

It will be going up against a BA 787, BA 767, and 2 US A330's - so the DL B757 will drive this down to probably one A318 flown by BA in a years time as DL has a strong position in any market in enters or flies
Actually it's a BA 787 and 777.

they move between 777's and 767's so I should have said anyone one of the 3

Can that slot be transferred to another airport? DL will not do well on PHL-LHR. Does DL have to use the slot for a specific time then be allowed to transfer it? It might be a use it or lose it arrangement.

dash8roa said:
Can that slot be transferred to another airport? DL will not do well on PHL-LHR. Does DL have to use the slot for a specific time then be allowed to transfer it? It might be a use it or lose it arrangement.
Don't know, but I believe that DL transferred one of the MIA-LHR slots to ATL, but on the condition that it be a "direct" flight from MIA, meaning a change-of-plane connection at ATL with the same flight number.   DL couldn't make MIA work nonstop.

Same thing with US;  I believe that US obtained the other slot earmarked for MIA-LHR and did the same thing as DL, but via CLT.    

So it wouldn't surprise me if DL gives it a go from PHL, and later petitions to fly it PHL-JFK-LHR with a daily tiny cropduster between JFK and PHL, permitting another daily nonstop from JFK to LHR.   

The EU competition commission's assumption that a competitor could come into a fortress hub and fly nonstop to LHR from that hub was lunacy and reveals just how little the EU understands the USA's aviation market.  

And if the EU applied the flawed standards consistently, then DL/VS would have been forced to provide slots so that a competitor could begin nonstop MSP-LHR and nonstop DTW-LHR as a condition of their joint venture approval.   

eolesen said:
How's that MIA-LHR route working out for DL?

PHL has never been strategically important for anyone except US. Even there, it's doubtful.
MIALHR is increasing to double daily under the DL/VS JBA.

FWAAA said:

And if the EU applied the flawed standards consistently, then DL/VS would have been forced to provide slots so that a competitor could begin nonstop MSP-LHR and nonstop DTW-LHR as a condition of their joint venture approval.   

Even the EU could not pass the laugh test on that one.  (None of DL's native markets are that important.)

dash8roa said:
Not for 6 IATA Seasons (3 Years), IF IN FACT DL IS USING THE AMR SLOT. Further, if they are, the following EU-AMR agreement is in place: " AMR is to provide far-reaching feeder arrangements to induce entry by a new competitor on the route".

Delta is finally competing with AA and UAL
in their own front yards. 
Look what Delta is doing at EWR
and now at PHL.
Delta is sharing cost/revenue with Virgin.  
evidently Delta has been able to capture enough 
passengers in the PHL, Delaware and southern/central NJ
area to offer 2 transatlantic flights.  Both with Joint Ventures. 
and who knows what corporate contracts Delta has signed in
this area.  
More choice for flyers.  
I have been hearing, and the numbers are showing, that those customers utilizing
Delta out of EWR to AMS/CDG are loving the alternative to UAL.  The new EWR-LHR should be no
different and neither should PHL-LHR.
the fact that DL hired AA's former exec responsible for London has undoubtedly helped DL identify and convert some key accounts.

and VS has a sales advantage in the UK while DL has it in the US.

It will not be difficult for DL to keep a 757 busy to LHR.

you seem really threatened about DL's flight to LHR. you've only mentioned it in virtually every thread that has nothing to do with the subject and here too.

the real measure of how well DL will do from PHL to LHR Is likely how they do compared to AA in other LHR markets.

BOS comes to mind. DL started service and AA doesn't even fly it on its own metal any more.

yes - however once again - it's a sub par aircraft into a premium market

don't feel threatened at all - I say bring it on - they have not dented US on the CDG route and will have no impact on LHR

best of luck to DL with the worst aircraft serving that route

it is no more subpar that AA's 321s on a transcon market.

I would hardly expect you to admit it but DL offers a higher quality int'l product across its int'l fleet than any other US carrier.... nose to tail AVOD... the only thing inferior is that DL's 757s don't have direct aisle access in BE like DL has on every widebody aircraft... DL is the only US airline and probably one of the only airlines in the world that has a fleet of 150 widebody aircraft with direct aisle access.

given that UA doesn't even have it in their lie flat product that operates many LHR routes, I suspect that DL will do just fine.

oh, and AF/KL does in fact get 28% of the PHL-CDG market compared to 66% for US out of their largest int'l hub.

are you unhinged

So you are saying the only true first class product on the LAX/JFK route is sub par - got it

your so funny it's a laugh a minute reading the contortions you go through

Right - two flights a day - one A330 and one 757 - we see you can do some math - nice one - bless your heart - what that means is AA is better than DL on the PHL / CDG route - thanks for pointing that out - your coming along way

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.