S C O T U S, Justice Ruth Ginsberg, passes away.

Now that Romney has come out and said he'd follow the Constitution, it seems the GOP has the minimum votes to proceed.

Not sure why everyone assumes abortion gets banned let alone touched by the Court. There doesn't seem to be any cases advancing that would open that door, and it's not likely that one will show up without spending years in the lower courts first.

If there's this much concern about protecting it, deal with it by legislation. I'd think most people agree that late term/partial birth abortion is fundamentally wrong and different from an unwanted pregnancy.

20200923-064129.jpg

Liston K.C., You and I know that this is going to be a messy election! And the likelihood that it will end up in the courts is almost certain. You can not have a four/ four Supreme court at a time like that.

Liston K.C., You and I know that this is going to be a messy election! And the likelihood that it will end up in the courts is almost certain. You can not have a four/ four Supreme court at a time like that.

I'd rather have 8 judges instead of 9 where one of them feels obligated to side with the president who nominated them. And suppose....just suppose...that 2016 would have ended up in the courts...and we only had 8 justices then? Perhaps we should see what the Republican plan was should that have happened. Surely they would have thought about it, given they had to decide like that in 2000, so it's not unheard of.

I'd think most people agree that late term/partial birth abortion is fundamentally wrong and different from an unwanted pregnancy.

That depends. My first child was aborted after 20 weeks. Not because we had a change of heart and didn't want it, but because it had a fatal defect that would have killed it within hours of being born. I don't view that a fundamentally wrong, and I don't want someone thinking that all abortions are because a woman didn't want the baby - which is how late term abortion opponents are "selling" it. When you start trying to identify exceptions - like the PHYSICAL health of the mother is in jeopardy. But what about MENTAL health...knowing she is carrying what older medical books (early 90's) defined as "a monster" . My ex was devastated at the news. If she would have been forced to carry that "child" to term, she may have taken her life. BUT...since mental health would likely NOT be in any law (too easy to "fake") it would have to go to court.

Some people are going to abuse abortion...just like some people abuse gun ownership. But don't get the government involved in this. It's something between the woman and God. If God really isn't the forgiving guy I'd been told he is, then she'll have hell to pay come judgement day.

Yes you can. What a ridiculous validation of lies from multiple Republican Senators.

Turn off your radio.

Yes you can. What a ridiculous validation of lies from multiple Republican Senators.

Turn off your radio.
As a matter of fact, the last time there was a Presidential election decided by a 4-4 court, it was the Republican candidate, George Bush (the younger) who was elected by a 4-3 vote (one abstention, IIRC). Gore conceded the election rather than throw the court and Congress into a dither. It can happen that way when people act like adults.

I'd rather have 8 judges instead of 9 where one of them feels obligated to side with the president who nominated them. And suppose....just suppose...that 2016 would have ended up in the courts...and we only had 8 justices then? Perhaps we should see what the Republican plan was should that have happened. Surely they would have thought about it, given they had to decide like that in 2000, so it's not unheard of.
In 2016 the Democrats were so convinced they had the election in the bag, they didn't press it. And in 2016 you didn't have the same vote by mail de bocal you have today! Plus I understand Biden has an army of lawyers just waiting to take this into litigation if there is just the remote possibility that he may lose!

In 2016 the Democrats were so convinced they had the election in the bag, they didn't press it. And in 2016 you didn't have the same vote by mail de bocal you have today! Plus I understand Biden has an army of lawyers just waiting to take this into litigation if there is just the remote possibility that he may lose!

Is character important to you? Just wondering.