Scab of the Week

Do you care to tell me how to distinguish the ones the Scab of the week took himself and sent to AMFA.

WFDDIM.....? Are you interested in winning a SCAB beauty contest or something?

Here's an idea, drop your drawers, place a camera behind your back and take a snapshot of your face and send it in, be sure to attach your name with photo so we can be sure to pick yours from the line up...All you asses are alike. :up:

This is why you will not get very far in your mission.
Some will obtain their A&P, most won't but will still work in the industry. This is why the craft is weak and considered by many an unskilled trade.

Most of the time they do.

Is this because I dislike the very same unions you guys dislike or because I do not belong to one of you guys' disliked unions? Regardless that statemant alone is another reason you will not go as far in your mission as you would like.

Not get far? Since 2002 when the AMTA was created to promote my profession to the public the AMTA has:

1: In December 2003 we sponsored a catered event at the San Diego Aerospace Museum where we donated AMT Day Resolutions from California and the City & County of San Diego. Considering there was no reference to my profession other than a mannequin in overalls leaning over the engine of a open cockpit "Jenny" this was a very good step in the right direction to educate to the public about the first aircraft mechanic. Our spokesman was a Mr. Robinson, a Tuskegee Airman with a powerpoint presentation by Richard Dilbeck of the FAA.

2: In December 2005 the AMTA donated, at another catered event at the SDAM a bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor.

3: May 24th, 2005 the AMTA sponsored a free bar-b-que to the public to celebrate AMT Day.

4: The AMTA has assisted in getting AMT Day Resolutions passed that recognize "Charlie" and today's skilled professional AMTs. Kentucky is the most recently passed resolution with the AMTA working with N.Y., N.J., Alabama, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, the Commonwealth of Virginia, Washington DC, Northern Mariana, U.S. Virgin Islands, & American Samoa all in the process of passing their respective AMT Day Resolutions. There are 34 passed at present.

5: The AMTA has the "Faces Behind Safety" link where we highlight skilled professional AMTs from across the industry. Soon to be posted are photos of the professional AMTs that maintain some of the Commemorative Air Force Aircraft, including the B-17, B-24 & B-25.

6: The AMTA has a page where we highlight the men and women that have spent their careers constantly upgrading the standards our craft & profession are held by. These people are awarded the FAA's Charles E. Taylor Master Mechanic award.

7: The AMTA will be donating a bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor to the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum later this year.

I will stop at the number seven since I trust I am reaching your ability to read and comprehend which is put infront of you. (After all you acknowledge visiting the AMTA web site but still do not see the progress we have made.)

My craft is not "weak" because of the total number of licensed A&Ps. That is your cowardly thought process trying to make yourself seem more like a man with a backbone. By your reasoning our brave men and women in our military who maintain EVERY aircraft flown, past & present, are inept and weak?

Keep being the SCAB that you are coward. You make the distinction between what my profession IS and what it IS NOT crystal clear.

8: The AMTA has submitted and had printed articles on Charles E. Taylor in aviation magazines in Australia, Italy & the U.S.

I couldn't help max out your thinking process. ;)

My craft is not "weak" because of the total number of licensed A&Ps. That is your cowardly thought process trying to make yourself seem more like a man with a backbone. By your reasoning our brave men and women in our military who maintain EVERY aircraft flown, past & present, are inept and weak?
That is apparently your process not mine. I was not referring to the total number of A&P's causing a weak profession. As a matter of fact right now the fewer the better. I was referring to the fact that there are so many mechanics without an A&P Certificate working on aircraft. This is what makes the profession weak. How many professional occupations are out there that you can just walk in off the street start work and be called a professional? There are none, yet you can by being an "AMT". This Ken is what makes people draw pictures of monkeys being blown through the air by exploding aircraft tires. I grant you that there are some great mechanics out there that do not hold their certificates I think you need to be betching at them for not taking the time to achieve them.

Oh, Ken wants to play the military card. You guys like to compare autos to aircraft so lets do just that. Lets see a military person walk out of the service with years of experience as a motorpool mechanic. Now lets watch him walk into a major dealership and apply for a job without a ASE Certificate. I don't care how good he is he is going to be laughed out of the place and his app. thrown in the trash with out a second glance. Or he just might get lucky and be a parts scrubber/gopher for chump change. Are you beginning to get the picture here Ken or am I taxing your reading abilities? If a bum can walk in off the street and be called a professional then your profession is not going to be held in high regard.

I couldn't help max out your thinking process. ;)
Like I said before Ken, good job on bringing the profession to the public eye, to bad any bum can do it.

It isn’t the ‘number’ of AMTs, just the ‘number’ that will sign off someone else’s work. Walking into a FBO/Airline/etc and getting hired as a ‘mechanic’ does not make you an AMT if someone else has to sign off your work.

So, who signs off your work?

B) UT

I think Ken would be a better candidate for that. Ken you once posted a link giving a full description of the AMT and what it takes to earn the different medals. Would you be so kind as to post that again?

As I thought.

YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE!!!

If you are in agreement with the definition provided by Ken then you also agree that you are in disagreement with yourself. :wacko:

B) UT

UAL TECH, Why do you guys always jump the gun? Patience UAL TECH, lets see if Ken is capable of posting the link for us. Don't you love playing poker? I damn sure do.

You made the statement, don't deflict to Ken.
Don't wait for a proclimation that you can chew up.
Make your own.

Thought you 'scabs' were leaders.
So lead, or shut up.

B) UT

You made the statement, don't deflict to Ken.
Don't wait for a proclimation that you can chew up.
Make your own.
UAL I know you think you are helping Ken out here but you are not. You really need to be a by-stander on this one and let the men handle this. Ken knows what I want. He just has to decide if he wants to give it to me. I see that he has left and so shall I. Maybe Ken and I can continue this tomorrow. Now you may go play with the children and leave this up to the adults.

UAL I know you think you are helping Ken out here but you are not. You really need to be a by-stander on this one and let the men handle this. Ken knows what I want. He just has to decide if he wants to give it to me. I see that he has left and so shall I. Maybe Ken and I can continue this tomorrow. Now you may go play with the children and leave this up to the adults.

Another 'non retort'.
When you have nothing to say, you deflect.

Good shot 'scab boy'.
I'm sure your intellectual retort will bring accolades from your following.

:rolleyes: UT

Coward, "Now you may go play with the children and leave this up to the adults."

You are no adult. You are a self proclaimed SCAB.

I'll tell you what, you tell me your real name and I will treat you more like an adult and answer your lame question.

:up:

Coward, "Now you may go play with the children and leave this up to the adults."

You are no adult. You are a self proclaimed SCAB.

I'll tell you what, you tell me your real name and I will treat you more like an adult and answer your lame question.

:up:

Good point Ken...Lets all get our real names out here for everyone to see and stop hiding behind aliases. Take accountability for your words PTO.