Scab's Caught Drinking

PlayTheOdds said:
I wrote that in context of company time. Very seldom does any two or three people have the same exact skills but in the event that that does happen I would think the company would go with seniority. I'm sure some favoritism would also play a roll also. Once again it is not 100% but it is better than the union alternative.
[post="299010"][/post]​
That's your opinion. However, I disagree that people very seldomly have the same skills, especially when you have hundreds of people performing the same jobs everyday year after year.

PlayTheOdds said:
Unions of today exist so the uneducated and not so smart person could get ahead of an educated smart person.

You, my friend are a piece of work!!!

What are these promotions are you talking about? I have never been in a union that represented anyone higher than a lead. Can you show me some? Managment has always decided who manages, however they please.

Red Tail Bear said:
But what if your skills are the same as three other guys and the most junior guy gets the promotion over you. How do you feel about that?
[post="298961"][/post]​

It's has happened, hell, I got beat out by someone junior and less competent. I don't like it but I moved on. I still say it is better than the alternative. Seniority alone is not the way to base decisions. At least in my situation, there is a chance of it working correctly.

sentrido said:
What are these promotions are you talking about? I have never been in a union that represented anyone higher than a lead. Can you show me some? Managment has always decided who manages, however they please.
[post="299117"][/post]​

I guess it just happens in the nonunion sector then. Maybe mangement at union companies doesn't want a union scruf calling the shots.

Garfield1966 said:
I got beat out by someone junior and less competent. 
[post="299246"][/post]​

Thats obviously a view not shared by your superiors.

At least in my situation, there is a chance of it working correctly.

Apparently it did.

Latest posts