SCABS... SCABS...SCABS

> F/A rumored to be written up by writing up too
> much write ups in the log book....

Do you know what a FAA self disclosure form is?

> F/A helping hold an AMFA picket sign for a
> "moment" got fired....

For what??

> Fun, Fun, Fun.
> What did our unions say about all this?
> Nothing but mixed ambiguous messages.
> Still don't know what the results were
> for the sympathy strike... we're still
> waiting.

I did hear the F/As backed maintenance for a bit. Funny the pilots didn't. A lax mechanic can crash a plane by forgetting a small piece of masking tape. If I were a pilot, I’d want to know that only first rate mechanics worked on the plane I was flying, not some temp.

MB

A lax mechanic can crash a plane by forgetting a small piece of masking tape. If I were a pilot, I’d want to know that only first rate mechanics worked on the plane I was flying, not some temp.

MB

If you were a passenger, an FA or anyone who lurks on the ground, since thats where crashes tend to happen, you should feel the same way.

> F/A rumored to be written up by writing up too
> much write ups in the log book....

Do you know what a FAA self disclosure form is?

> F/A helping hold an AMFA picket sign for a
> "moment" got fired....

For what??

> Fun, Fun, Fun.
> What did our unions say about all this?
> Nothing but mixed ambiguous messages.
> Still don't know what the results were
> for the sympathy strike... we're still
> waiting.

I did hear the F/As backed maintenance for a bit. Funny the pilots didn't. A lax mechanic can crash a plane by forgetting a small piece of masking tape. If I were a pilot, I’d want to know that only first rate mechanics worked on the plane I was flying, not some temp.

MB
YES SIR, I do know about these "whistleblower" programs or 1800 numbers to call. How many of us did call that?
I've flown with the complete aft lav and galley INOP, pilots wanting to make their "connecting flight" working with the scab to get the plane off the ground "legaly"...

Yes, in DTW it is rumored and confirmed from a "witness" I flew with that this incident DID happen, and ambiguously our Union website wrote a comment that a person must be "off duty" to help picket which validates this(but this lady was just helping the mechanic hold on to a sign while he did something for a moment. )

-Even with the barrage of propaganda emails about how we would get fired if we strike, 6 of us actually didn't cross the picket line, some of who are senior....

How many pilots didn't cross AMFA's picket line?

RE: 'Bob Owens'

Can't argue with that, but why did you ignore the first 14 words?
I heard NWA pilots chose not to support the maintenance department’s action. That leads me to believe that they don’t care who is doing the maintenance on the planes they have to fly.

MB

> Union website wrote a comment that a person
> must be "off duty" to help picket

How was she "on the clock" AND out front? Doesn't fit with how I understand F/A hours.

MB

> Union website wrote a comment that a person
> must be "off duty" to help picket

How was she "on the clock" AND out front? Doesn't fit with how I understand F/A hours.

MB
When you are on a trip (which may last from 1-1,000 days depending on your luck) you are on duty.
Example if you have a trip from msp with DTW and JAX layover, it would be a 3 day trip. Now after the flight attendant is off the aircraft, outside waiting for the hotel van, the flight attendant is still "on duty" collecting per diem.

Now after the flight attendant is off the aircraft, outside waiting for the hotel van, the flight attendant is still "on duty" collecting per diem.

oh. ... ... ... You know ... that has a LOT of implications.
So, you fly MSP – DTW, layover and return the next day. If that evening you go out to eat and have a glass of wine with dinner, you’re drinking on duty?

MB

oh. ... ... ... You know ... that has a LOT of implications.
So, you fly MSP – DTW, layover and return the next day. If that evening you go out to eat and have a glass of wine with dinner, you’re drinking on duty?

MB
you have a rest period alloted during the trip. Company policy is you cannot go drinking under a 12 hr layover period.

You are being paid by the company therefore, in their (NW)definintion- you are still working.

RE: 'Bob Owens'

Can't argue with that, but why did you ignore the first 14 words?
I heard NWA pilots chose not to support the maintenance department’s action. That leads me to believe that they don’t care who is doing the maintenance on the planes they have to fly.

MB

Not long ago I never would have thought what you have posted but as you point out "the pilots don't care who is doing the maintenance."

I suspect that the pilots felt secure enough in there positions that they thought they would never have to strike if they didn't get involved with the mechanics.

The pilots have shown us that they will tolerate SCABS before they will honor another employee group's picket line. There is also no doubt that the pilots work hand in hand with SCABS inorder to make connections. Sometimes these efforts "go south" when circumstances are too much to pencil whip.

Frankly, if I thought that the NW flight schedule was reliable and that the ac were safe I wouldn't have changed airlines.

Recently a supplier who I dined with told me that his company has been interviewing for a couple of positions where NW management members are applying to the point of being a wholesale defection. The NW mgrs in interviews are singing like canaries, begging to move on and acting desperate. Thanks anyway! I'll keep helping place the mechanics, cleaners and custodians from NW. These folks bring something to the table that our company and our customers can benefit from. Look at NW! Who in the H*ll would want the mgrs from THAT company running ANYTHING in your organization? I'd rather hire Jeffrey Dahmer to sell Rolaids. LOL

Look at NW! Who in the H*ll would want the mgrs from THAT company running ANYTHING in your organization? I'd rather hire Jeffrey Dahmer to sell Rolaids. LOL
I've got a better one for you. Delta took in managers from PanAm. Now it looks like Delta will be going the way of PanAM. Coincidence? I think not.

MB