SCABS... SCABS...SCABS

icl, you do NOT comprehend the trait of INTEGRITY. Because if you did you would not be a SCAB.
Being a Scab has nothing to do with "INTEGRITY". It is simply a matter of choice. It is simply an issue with you guys because it goes against what unionism stands for as where unionism means nothing to me. It sorta follows the lines of a Muslim thinking I am an infidel because I could care less about allah. I would be willing to bet that the same Muslim dude thinks your “INTEGRITYâ€￾ is shet. Do you agree with him or even care?

When I say, "My craft.", I am referring that YOU do not belong to it, nor do any other SCAB. If you feel "creepy" that is most likely the "cowardly" part of your alias speaking inside your head since you know you are a SCAB your concience is wakening.
AHHH, but that is where you are wrong Ken because I do. If I didn't I wouldn't be here to begin with. That is something you are going to have to learn to accept if you wish to continue to effectively promote "your craft". ;)

I never said I could care less about non-union mechanics. Post my quote where I have said this, otherwise you proove the "l" part of your alias.
Once again how I do miss the "View Members Post Button" Till then, I guess it's "I". <_<
I have yet to receive a complaint from any NON-SCAB about my outspoken point of view on outsourcing. I have yet to receive any complaints about the progress the AMTA has made in promoting "my craft" ;) with the "Faces Behind Safety" link, the campaign to have AMT (damn, there's that title you hate) Day Resolutions, or the donating of bronze busts of Charles E. Taylor to museums.
Well you have had your first. I hope you get many more.
Don't worry about anyone ever calling you an AMT or A&P. You are neither. You are icl the proud SCAB who remains behind an alias while eroding "my craft". ;)
My phone rings every week. "Hey PTO how is everything going for you?...We are looking for A&P Mechanics for...would you be interested in..."

I think you have your own "L" you need to address.

I've posted this M-A-N-Y times before, read it for once.
Below is a link with the history behind FAR Part 66, which would've enacted the official use of the term Aircraft Maintenance Technician-AMT
"would've: would have, in effect DID NOT. So back to the original question thirdseat and try again. As of now all you have proven is that the FAA has shelved the term so in effect it has no regulation and right now any Joe Blow can call himself an AMT and get away with it.

My phone rings every week. "Hey PTO how is everything going for you?...We are looking for A&P Mechanics for...would you be interested in..."

I think you have your own "L" you need to address.

Yea, and just how many will pay you more than a major airline???

You're erroding this craft. For me it has nothing to do with unionism. 3rd party maintenance HAS NEVER paid what major airlines have, conversely 3rd party maintenance had to pay as close to majors as they could to try and stem the tide of those constantly leaving for the airlines.

A splendid example was the NWA strike. UAL had a major set back just prior to the NWA strike last August when one of the OSVs they contracted narrow body work to in Lake City Florida lost the majority of their AMTs to the NWA strike.

Most individuals aspire to raise their wages. Those that crossed the line at NWA did more damage than good. Had no one crossed the line, NWA would've had to pay closer to market wages, not the artificial wages extorted through threats of bankruptcy and temp replacements. Had those NWA wages been maintained, OSVs likewise would've been forced to raise their wages. While I'm sure some like Lake city were forced to up their wages alittle to attract replacements for those they lost, those wages are no where near as high as those they might have had, if the NWA strike had proven successful. You yourself have posted time and again about the new exodus to Sikorsky,that type of attrition can not be maintained. Airlines enjoy the safety records they do, due to the experienced gained over years of service. This level of expertise can not be gained from hop-scotching around the industry.

As long as individuals like you continue to undercut other AMTs fighting to maintain wage/benefit standards in this industry, then this industry will continue to suffer.

"would've: would have, in effect DID NOT. So back to the original question thirdseat and try again. As of now all you have proven is that the FAA has shelved the term so in effect it has no regulation and right now any Joe Blow can call himself an AMT and get away with it.

Original question? I seem to remember you mouthing off that it was a term the unions had created and were promoting. How bout you pick your story and stick to it.

Unlike you, the vast majority of the rest of the aviation industry knows full well what the term means and stands for however, if it makes you feel any better, I'm quite sure any "joe blow" representing himself as an AMT with out an A&P isn't going very far.

Integrity. People do not walk out on Strike without a very compelling reason. It's the weapon of last resort.

Had only all the union members of NWA walked out in support of AMFA, the strike would have been short-lived and NWA wouldn't be facing the problems of dealing with a corporation with a Strike on its property.

AFA honored the IAM strike at US Air back in '92, I believe it was. It took four days to get a TRO to get the flight attendants back on line. It's my belief it shortened the IAM strike considerably and got everyone back to work quickly.

It was settled without a lot of fuss. That was solidarity in action and I am proud to have been a part of it.

Dea

icl, you do NOT comprehend the trait of INTEGRITY. Because if you did you would not be a SCAB.

When I say, "My craft.", I am referring that YOU do not belong to it, nor do any other SCAB. If you feel "creepy" that is most likely the "cowardly" part of your alias speaking inside your head since you know you are a SCAB your concience is wakening.

"I also don’t like the way you could care less about non-union mechanics, airline or not and damn near worship unionized mechanics working at airlines."

I never said I could care less about non-union mechanics. Post my quote where I have said this, otherwise you proove the "l" part of your alias.

"No Ken you are not the right person at all to represent the fine mechanics that hold FAA A&P Certificates."
I represent fine mechanics that are NOT SCABS. I have yet to receive a complaint from any NON-SCAB about my outspoken point of view on outsourcing. I have yet to receive any complaints about the progress the AMTA has made in promoting "my craft" ;) with the "Faces Behind Safety" link, the campaign to have AMT (damn, there's that title you hate) Day Resolutions, or the donating of bronze busts of Charles E. Taylor to museums.

Don't worry about anyone ever calling you an AMT or A&P. You are neither. You are icl the proud SCAB who remains behind an alias while eroding "my craft". ;)
??????????????????????? :unsure:

Integrity. People do not walk out on Strike without a very compelling reason. It's the weapon of last resort.

Had only all the union members of NWA walked out in support of AMFA, the strike would have been short-lived and NWA wouldn't be facing the problems of dealing with a corporation with a Strike on its property.

AFA honored the IAM strike at US Air back in '92, I believe it was. It took four days to get a TRO to get the flight attendants back on line. It's my belief it shortened the IAM strike considerably and got everyone back to work quickly.

It was settled without a lot of fuss. That was solidarity in action and I am proud to have been a part of it.

Dea
Yep. Exactly. My guy told me not to but I voted to strike....I mouthed off at some scabs. LIKE I CARE.
Hope some coffee spilled on their precious steenlandblue uniforms. I'm sure NW will pay for the dry cleaning...

The first rule of “Find Member's Postsâ€￾ is don't talk about “Find Member's Postsâ€￾. ;)

A splendid example was the NWA strike. UAL had a major set back just prior to the NWA strike last August when one of the OSVs they contracted narrow body work to in Lake City Florida lost the majority of their AMTs to the NWA strike.

Most individuals aspire to raise their wages. Those that crossed the line at NWA did more damage than good. Had no one crossed the line, NWA would've had to pay closer to market wages, not the artificial wages extorted through threats of bankruptcy and temp replacements. Had those NWA wages been maintained, OSVs likewise would've been forced to raise their wages. While I'm sure some like Lake city were forced to up their wages alittle to attract replacements for those they lost, those wages are no where near as high as those they might have had, if the NWA strike had proven successful.
This sounds a little counterintuitive to me. If AMFA would have succeeded and not given up their jobs to replacements, then OSVs would not have had any attrition problems, and they would have had no reason to increase their wages. The fact that NWA mechanics would have been paid just a little less, and not a lot less than before would have been irrelevant since the supply was unchanged.

In contrast, you could reasonably argue that this strike actually raised the wages of all remainining contract work, since it caused an immediate drop in supply of contract workers accross the industry, thus forcing those employers to raise their wages to maintain an adequate workforce. I would presume that those like PTO did themselves a huge favor by taking this work, and at the same time, boosting the wages of the contract shops that they may ultimately go back to.

For your logic to be accepted, you'll have to explain why a contract shop would boost their wages as a result of NWA mechanics taking a 10% cut rather than a 25% cut. It's not like there would be any open positions that the contract shop would lose to NWA, so attrition due to workers seeking those higher wages would not be the driver. If you can't logically explain how this would happen at a micro level, then your argument falls flat on its face.

Not hardly,

Not many aspire to make careers at 3rd party facilities. The attrition I speak of isn't born only of labor disputes, if you had any idea of what you were talking about you'd know that.

If the industry wage median is somewhere between the highs of the airline industry and the lows of 3rd party vendors then lowering the airline high lowers the resulting median. So using your flawed example it would indeed be better to support the 10% cut with AMFA than the 25% cut with replacements.

Not hardly,

Not many aspire to make careers at 3rd party facilities. The attrition I speak of isn't born only of labor disputes, if you had any idea of what you were talking about you'd know that.

If the industry wage median is somewhere between the highs of the airline industry and the lows of 3rd party vendors then lowering the airline high lowers the resulting median. So using your flawed example it would indeed be better to support the 10% cut with AMFA than the 25% cut with replacements.
I would presume attrition would be caused by better opportunities elsewhere. I'm guessing this labor dispute happened to cause a spike in the normal attrition. I don't think we have any disagreement on that point.

Your second point is irrelevant to the discussion. Yes, If one group of people get pay cuts, all things being equal, the mathematical median and average industry wage is going to be lower. If you have 10 workers, and 9 guys get paid $25/hr and 1 guy gets paid $40/hr, the median and average will be reduced if the top guy gets his pay cut to $30/hr. Who would care about this other than the guy that his pay cut? Obviously, the 9 other guys are no worse off.

Why would the contract mechanics support AMFA getting a 10% cut, which will have no impact on their wages, when having AMFA vacate their jobs would increase demand for mechanics and end up increasing their wages. The only ones worse off at the end of the day are the AMFA mechanics. This whole "devaluing of the craft" BS is the result of complete economic ignorance and union groupthink.

Why don't you go and find out for yourself

1) the number of mechanics in the airline industry

VS

2) the number of those mechanics in 3rd party vendors

You obviously haven't the first clue as to the dynamics of this part of the industry.Your 9to1 analogy is more than proof of that.

As I said before, the majority of mechanics at 3rd party vendors aspire to higher positions.

The lowering of Airline wages lowers the pressures on 3rd party vendors to compete for qualified mechanics, it also lowers the appeal to those who would only move to airlines for the types of wages/benefits they used to offer. I.E wages at 3rd party vendors stagnate.

Therefore when when strikes like NWA are undercut by replacements seeking a quick buck, it indeed is erroding the earning capabilities of ALL

US got an injunction right away against the AFA.

It took four days to get the TRO. In the meantime, things got pretty messed up, schedule-wise. If I recall correctly, 95% of AFA members supported the strike and did not cross picket lines.

Dea

Latest posts