SCABS... SCABS...SCABS

I intend to pour a lot more salt on you,PTO. Salt gets rid of scabby "SLUGS" very well.
Back in the Corps, "Salty" is considered quite the compliment, so pour away!
****fighting with a Marine is like wrestling with a pig...your both gonna get muddy, but the pig loves it!"*** :up:

This sounds a little counterintuitive to me. If AMFA would have succeeded and not given up their jobs to replacements, then OSVs would not have had any attrition problems, and they would have had no reason to increase their wages. The fact that NWA mechanics would have been paid just a little less, and not a lot less than before would have been irrelevant since the supply was unchanged.

In contrast, you could reasonably argue that this strike actually raised the wages of all remainining contract work, since it caused an immediate drop in supply of contract workers accross the industry, thus forcing those employers to raise their wages to maintain an adequate workforce. I would presume that those like PTO did themselves a huge favor by taking this work, and at the same time, boosting the wages of the contract shops that they may ultimately go back to.

For your logic to be accepted, you'll have to explain why a contract shop would boost their wages as a result of NWA mechanics taking a 10% cut rather than a 25% cut. It's not like there would be any open positions that the contract shop would lose to NWA, so attrition due to workers seeking those higher wages would not be the driver. If you can't logically explain how this would happen at a micro level, then your argument falls flat on its face.
Wow...VERY well said. Who ever you are fin, your grasp of economics far exceeds most on this boards capability to comprehend. The irony is that most of this is basic econ 101, that used to be taught in 9th grade civics.

Back in the Corps, "Salty" is considered quite the compliment, so pour away!
****fighting with a Marine is like wrestling with a pig...your both gonna get muddy, but the pig loves it!"*** :up:
Oh no... :closedeyes: ... :censored: all I can say is I enjoyed sippin tea in my air conditioned rooms while I watched you guys run....
and run...
and run...
and run...

"....Gonna run all day, till the runnin's done!" :up:
Thanks for the flashback....theres nothing like 80 leathernecks running in perfect step, shouting cadences at 5 am! :up: :up: :up:
The men with "discriminating tastes" (you know, those who fall under the "don't ask, don't tell" category)and I
would like to thank you for such a nice demonstration.
watching our fellow comrades doing this kinda re-enforces the idea why we joined which branch of the armed forces...over and over again. B)

U ncle
S ams
M isguided
C hildren
:lol: :lol:

The National Science Foundation announced the following study results on U.S. military recreation preferences:
1. Sport of choice for Marines: bowling.
2. Sport of choice for Sailors: football.
3. Sport of choice for Soldiers: baseball.
4. Sport of choice for Coast Guardsmen: tennis.
5. Sport of choice for Airmen: golf.
Notice how the farther down the list you go, the smaller their balls get.

The National Science Foundation announced the following study results on U.S. military recreation preferences:
1. Sport of choice for Marines: bowling.
2. Sport of choice for Sailors: football.
3. Sport of choice for Soldiers: baseball.
4. Sport of choice for Coast Guardsmen: tennis.
5. Sport of choice for Airmen: golf.
Notice how the farther down the list you go, the smaller their balls get.
Thats funny! thanks for the laugh :up: :up:

Had only all the union members of NWA walked out in support of AMFA, the strike would have been short-lived and NWA wouldn't be facing the problems of dealing with a corporation with a Strike on its property.

If NWA Pilots and NWA F/As are crossing NWA AMFA picket lines to work on NWA aircraft, doesn't that make them SCABs also?

MB

If NWA Pilots and NWA F/As are crossing NWA AMFA picket lines to work on NWA aircraft, doesn't that make them SCABs also?

MB
i dont know the answer to that but I do know that they really didnt honor the AMFA mechanics and then only to find themselves in the mess with mgmt that their in now.
Had they walked out in a sympathy strike, I wonder if NWA would be around today.

i dont know the answer to that but I do know that they really didnt honor the AMFA mechanics and then only to find themselves in the mess with mgmt that their in now.
Had they walked out in a sympathy strike, I wonder if NWA would be around today.

It seems to me that unionized pilots and unionized F/As crossing union picket lines within their own company deserve the label more than undocumented guest workers. <_< One way or another, if they had honored AMFA's picket line, the situation would have been over quickly. :shock:

MB

MB
Well... I think so. I read an article saying we were "Scab Unions"

Only 6 F/A walked. How many pilots did... I wonder....

It seems to me that unionized pilots and unionized F/As crossing union picket lines within their own company deserve the label more than undocumented guest workers. <_< One way or another, if they had honored AMFA's picket line, the situation would have been over quickly. :shock:

MB
Oh... you should of been there in August.... quite fun.
First we all get nice company emails saying if we cross the picket lines we will get fired....

Rumors going around saying our contracts wouldn't protect us if we walk on our own....

Scab F/A being hired and staying in hotels all around the world... (Oh, as a thanks in gratitude they get free OPEN passes- while furloughees don't...)
AND scab F/A got to bring their whole family with them! What a HOOT! Spending money too!

And how many times did I see "on TIME" in the concourse while in the office it states "delay" "delay" delay"...

F/A rumored to be written up by writing up too much write ups in the log book....

F/A helping hold an AMFA picket sign for a "moment" got fired....

Fun, Fun, Fun.

What did our unions say about all this? Nothing but mixed ambiguous messages. Still don't know what the results were for the sympathy strike... we're still waiting. :down:

My phone rings every week. "Hey PTO how is everything going for you?...We are looking for A&P Mechanics for...would you be interested in..."

...And your reply is what?

Truth is you can't make those SCAB wages at those hack shops that call you. just remember it was UNION wages that you chased when you decided to cross a picket line.

Besides those Hack Shops that you Hale from don't provide Parkas. :p