Scabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbed, have you been taking accounting lessons from FWAAA? I wouldn't recommend it, Uncle Sam will rob you blind. You will then know what "no respect" really means when he puts the pole to you.
I already do know what no respect is. And yes I do know that UNCLE SAM does rob you blind. And I dont take account lessons from FWAA. That person knows as well I due to being in the airline world for yrs. Why must you have a say about every little thing?

I am making this post for those that could care less. I signed the papers today. After about a month of debate and harassment from my co-scabs I have gone direct or...I really hate to say this but I figure I should before one of you do, "Rolled Over". I never had a problem with that term until I came here. I am now a full-fledged Northwest Airlines employee or permanent scab if you will. The problem I am having with this though, I am sighed in under AMFA's contract. How ironic is that? I just could not force myself to leave this job. I had a job lined up at an MRO and just kept thinking that I am going to have to go and actually work for my money. For the AMFA AMT out there on the other side of the fence, whose slot I have filled, you have my deepest apologies; look on the bright side though there is still an open slot at an MRO for you.

I am making this post for those that could care less. I signed the papers today. After about a month of debate and harassment from my co-scabs I have gone direct or...I really hate to say this but I figure I should before one of you do, "Rolled Over". I never had a problem with that term until I came here. I am now a full-fledged Northwest Airlines employee or permanent scab if you will. The problem I am having with this though, I am sighed in under AMFA's contract. How ironic is that? I just could not force myself to leave this job. I had a job lined up at an MRO and just kept thinking that I am going to have to go and actually work for my money. For the AMFA AMT out there on the other side of the fence, whose slot I have filled, you have my deepest apologies; look on the bright side though there is still an open slot at an MRO for you.
Your right about not caring, just hoping you get to enjoy what NWA management does to its employees, and now your in for the ride down. Very excellent indeed. I don't know why you have a problem with "rolled over", its what corporate whores like you do. You are proud of it, right? Swallow and gargle for the man 'Cods, you'll go far.... :huh:

Your signed under an AMFA contract? I don't know how, your not an AMFA member, nor will you ever be. Just stirring the pot again, like you constantly do. Your apology rings hollow of course, and would not be accepted by any AMFA member. Excuses for helping NWA corporate thugs destroy workers livlihoods is very wrong, union or not. I can't wait for your day in the NWA vise 'Cods. It's gonna be one fine day. :D

Your right about not caring, just hoping you get to enjoy what NWA management does to its employees, and now your in for the ride down. Very excellent indeed. I don't know why you have a problem with "rolled over", its what corporate whores like you do. You are proud of it, right? Swallow and gargle for the man 'Cods, you'll go far.... :huh:

Your signed under an AMFA contract? I don't know how, your not an AMFA member, nor will you ever be. Just stirring the pot again, like you constantly do. Your apology rings hollow of course, and would not be accepted by any AMFA member. Excuses for helping NWA corporate thugs destroy workers livlihoods is very wrong, union or not. I can't wait for your day in the NWA vise 'Cods. It's gonna be one fine day. :D

Welcome aboard PTO!!! I see nothing you have to apologize for though, you took a job that was not occupied and was offered by the company. No one was working this position and it was offered to you as a skilled trained educated professional.
Hackman, PTO is correct we are working under the last T/A given to AMFA...pay work rules ect. However you are correct we are not amfa members, nor do we ever want to be. So no problem there right :D

Welcome aboard PTO!!! I see nothing you have to apologize for though, you took a job that was not occupied and was offered by the company. No one was working this position and it was offered to you as a skilled trained educated professional.
Hackman, PTO is correct we are working under the last T/A given to AMFA...pay work rules ect. However you are correct we are not amfa members, nor do we ever want to be. So no problem there right :D
and I wouldnt put anyone in my family nor myself on board anyone of those NWA planes. And I do know of many people that will not fly NWA because of the way MGMT treating their unionized employees like sh!t. it is pathectic and not one of the scabs can see that NWA is sinking way faster than the Titanic did

and I wouldnt put anyone in my family nor myself on board anyone of those NWA planes. And I do know of many people that will not fly NWA because of the way MGMT treating their unionized employees like sh!t. it is pathectic and not one of the scabs can see that NWA is sinking way faster than the Titanic did

Robbedagain, I might be mistaken but dont you live in Tulsa, what about what happened to Tulsa when AA laid off so many people. Tulsa was devastated. I fly on NWA aircraft as does my family and I can assure you there is nothing in this world I am more careful with than my family, as a previous contractor I have seen alot of the maintenance on airlines and I can assure you there are several that I will not allow my family to fly on but NWA aircraft is not one of them. I feel completely safe with my family flying on NWA and I see the maintenance everyday and I know what the condition of the aircraft is, first hand. If your not going to fly NWA because of the way you feel about managment then soon there will be alot of airlines you wont fly on. But I wont condem you not flying NWA because of a personal political belief I myself dont patronize several companies because of their support for one thing or another, so I understand. Due to your feelings about your IAM dues you might consider not flying on any airline represented by the IAM.

Robbedagain, I might be mistaken but dont you live in Tulsa, what about what happened to Tulsa when AA laid off so many people. Tulsa was devastated. I fly on NWA aircraft as does my family and I can assure you there is nothing in this world I am more careful with than my family, as a previous contractor I have seen alot of the maintenance on airlines and I can assure you there are several that I will not allow my family to fly on but NWA aircraft is not one of them. I feel completely safe with my family flying on NWA and I see the maintenance everyday and I know what the condition of the aircraft is, first hand. If your not going to fly NWA because of the way you feel about managment then soon there will be alot of airlines you wont fly on. But I wont condem you not flying NWA because of a personal political belief I myself dont patronize several companies because of their support for one thing or another, so I understand. Due to your feelings about your IAM dues you might consider not flying on any airline represented by the IAM.
first of all, i am not living in oklahoma nor never have been to the midwest. i live in pa. second of all, i dont know how the mgmt can say that the nwa planes are safe when they have had a lot of maintaince troubles lately in the news. that is since aug or sept. third of all, i am not going to fly because of what the IAM has done. but what AA is doing now with their unions is definetly something that NWA should have done. Instead they wanted AMFA to walk out. They had no intentions on negogiations at all. When will people wake up and smell that burnt coffee that NWA mgmt is taking pages from the old usair mgmt. it will get worse there at NWA especially now givent hat NWA hired Neil Cohen.

Welcome aboard PTO. I've heard that the attitude and morale in tech ops has been very uplifting so far, as I'm sure you've seen since you're time here. The fat has been trimmed, and now we are left with dedicated technicians that are willing to do what it takes to get the job done (as opposed to working slowly and inefficiently enough to warrant a bloated workforce). I had some sympathy for AMFA members before I started reading this board, but after getting a taste of their true character, I am thrilled that they aren't around to drag down NWA any longer.

I think you made a great decision, as now you get to become part an airline with great competitive advantages in the marketplace that can now start to thrive without the wasteful union contracts from the days of old.

The recurrent comments about how NWA is going to somehow use you like a piece of meat is laughable at best. You obviously know that NWA pays an honest wage for an honest days work, and that's what this has been about all along. Those poeple that pretend that market economics should not apply to them are those that are destined to fail and to be eternally bitter.

just wait till they start asking or in this case taking more money out of your pockets to "save a few bucks." it will happen. The mgmt all watched USAIRWAYS drama unfold and now NWA is doing the same dam thing. it will happen. it is a matter of time. personally, the workforce of mechanics that got laid off did a fantastic job of keeping NWA planes up in the air but i would say that NWA would pay you an honest wage. while mgmt is make the triple digits numbers for nothing

just wait till they start asking or in this case taking more money out of your pockets to "save a few bucks." it will happen. The mgmt all watched USAIRWAYS drama unfold and now NWA is doing the same dam thing. it will happen. it is a matter of time. personally, the workforce of mechanics that got laid off did a fantastic job of keeping NWA planes up in the air but i would say that NWA would pay you an honest wage. while mgmt is make the triple digits numbers for nothing
Unlikely, as NWA is attempting to do this the right way, which is getting the company right-sized and getting labor costs to the appropriate level the first time. NWA has an advantage that they've witnessed the failures of other companies in BK, and know how dig to deep the first time so it doesn't have to be done again.

PTO doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that is going to sit around crying about what kind of salary management makes (of which, only a very small percentage are in triple digits, I might add). That is counterproductive as well as ignorant.

The old workforce may have done a good job keeping planes in the air; the problem is they were so inefficient that they could have done an equally good job with half the workforce. They chose to ignore that reality, so now they get to stand out in the cold and call people names.

What is the purpose of the strike at this point? Haven't we pretty much reached the end game? AMFA has no public support because the public is fairly well educated on simple economics, and doesn't take kindly to the juevinile tactics displayed by strikers thus far.

Well I am not being ignorant as to mgmt wages, but I believe strongly that the govt should tell the senior mgmt that "if you are taking from the hard working people at your company hard, then you need to take double doses even harder."

NWA could have been in a better position had they raised airfares when the other airlines did during the last few yrs.

I do believe that the older workforce was much better despite their wages being at or near 70k a yr. However, they went out on strike fighting for what they believe was wrong. Instead, NWA MGMT treated them like sh!t and it will happen to the other unions. SAD to say but it will happen

I do believe that NWA will be lucky if they survive CH11

Today was a very good day. The ice has been broken between the Scabs and the AMFA boys. Northwest is going to be in good shape as far as maintenance is concerned. I was a bit concerned at first a few days ago with the large number of AMFA boys that were integrated in with us Scabs. The first few days were a bit apprehensive, there were many cold looks passed. The lets stand around and BS groups were 100% segregated between the two groups. Today they began to meld together. It is still somewhat segregated but the crew is coming together. Long time relationships are beginning to welcome new ones.

[quote name='PlayTheOdds' date='Dec 7 2005, Long time relationships are beginning to welcome new ones.
[/quote]

Long time relationships? Is that what you call 5 months of scabbing? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts