Scabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I get it.....all the AMFA boys that have returned to work are embracing the Scabs that have been on the job the past few months! It will be kind of nice for the scabs as now all are friends I'm sure Chirstmas Dinner invites are on the way :p One big happy family!!!!!

That is not what I said AP Tech. I simply said the ice has been broken between the two workgroups. Why are you having such an issue with this? Are you upset that this transition is going smoother than I or anyone else would have expected?

Yes, time will tell. Like in January when rogue NWA management wants to abrogate the rest of the contracts, while enriching themselves with bonuses. One more misstep and NWA is over and out. :up:

The next few months will be very interesting. It is very difficult to come up with a good average of the pilots and F/A's attitudes, some are in good spirits and some are not. I can't tell if the ones with sour attitudes are the way they are because of their own current labor issues or because we are Scabs, it makes it difficult to tell what might happen when it comes time for permanent concessions.

Well I am not being ignorant as to mgmt wages, but I believe strongly that the govt should tell the senior mgmt that "if you are taking from the hard working people at your company hard, then you need to take double doses even harder."

NWA could have been in a better position had they raised airfares when the other airlines did during the last few yrs.

I do believe that the older workforce was much better despite their wages being at or near 70k a yr. However, they went out on strike fighting for what they believe was wrong. Instead, NWA MGMT treated them like sh!t and it will happen to the other unions. SAD to say but it will happen

I do believe that NWA will be lucky if they survive CH11
So in your world of how the compensation should be determined, a group of bureaucrats would sit around and decide the salary that goes with each type of work, rather than letting market forces determine that? I must surmise from your posts that you just don't understand simple economics.

Here's a dose of reality for you. Senior management is a lot smarter and more valuable to a company than you and that is why they are compensated accordingly. For your own mental health, you might want to come around to that fact instead of living your life spewing these union-fed talking points.

The airfare issue has been beaten like a red-headed stepchild, and apparently poeple are just going to keep repeating ignorant statements rather than do any sort of critical thinking. Just keep this in mind when you start to let that comment come out of your mouth, the goal of any particular flight is to maximize revenue in total. Every fare decision is based on that premise. NWA could have increased fares with SOME of the other airlines, (and did in select markets) but when they did not raise fares, it was because it would have resulted in a reduction in revenue in that market due to fewer passengers or a different mix of passengers. The LCC competition on most routes greatly reduced our ability to lower fares, because they were not lowering theirs, and as you should know, the LCCs now have the pricing power in the market.

I know it would probably cause an aneurism for you to concede any point, but at least try to justify your position with logic rather than just making an oversimplified general statement. If you know nothing about the matter other than your belief that raising fares = more revenue = profits = no need to reduce union wages, then you should probably just stick to issues that your more familiar with.

Book Recommendation: Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell

I give up. It's like having a discussion with a 10 year old.

How is my asking you to back up your assertion akin to "a discussion with a 10 year old?" Do you always respond to people with condescending remarks/insults? You must be a real peach to deal with.

I'll ask again; if NW mgmt is made up of people smarter than most all of us, please explain their recent track record. You can even limit it to items NW had control over.

I'm looking forward to your response.....

How is my asking you to back up your assertion akin to "a discussion with a 10 year old?" Do you always respond to people with condescending remarks/insults? You must be a real peach to deal with.

I'll ask again; if NW mgmt is made up of people smarter than most all of us, please explain their recent track record. You can even limit it to items NW had control over.

I'm looking forward to your response.....
Read some business journals that talk about NW management, or talk to any recruiter in the twin cities about how sought after NW employees are.

All temporary replacement workers contracts will end this Monday. I am going to hate to see these guys go. We have had a great time here. The contract world is very small and I am sure I will see them again. It has been a great ride fellas and I wish you all the best of luck. I hope the next time we all come together like this again we will be deployed to DFW. :lol: Where is my "hamburger?"

I don't think they will be replaced at first, I am sure Northwest will wait to see just how many more they will need to bring on if any.
I am sorry to inform you robbed that I am no longer a contract worker for Northwest. I am now a direct employee for the company. No robbed I will not be going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts