Scabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
keeptheodds said:
New update gentlemen, We just went from 5 days a week training to 6. They also had us fillout uniform order tickets. and told us to have steel toe boots before the end of the month. Its getting down to the wire here. Its been running pretty smooth here and that all changed today I dont know what happend up there today to get these guys into such a frenzy but you need to fix it. About 70 new mechs showed up over the past couple of days and they have been put on a schedule that amounts to pulling double shifts. I heard a bunch of guys talking at the bar and a bunch of them are flying out tomorrow. None of them would say where they were going. Good luck to you fellows. Also, does anyone know what mel or mil means?
[post="287406"][/post]​

what time does your training start everyday?

keeptheodds,Aug 10 2005, 06:32 PM]
My house cost 235,000 thats why my wife works.

Well since "that's why" you wife works, that means that you still make payments. As an RN your wife would do well in New York but whatever equity you have would at best be a down payment. The minimum you will spend here is $350, plus $6000/yr in property tax.

Here is why I think you are not what you say you are:

NW wants 4500 mechanics ready to go:
          2477 are currently ready
            423 in training
this equals 2900 are you with me?
4500 minus 2900 equals 1600 mechanics short.
4500 minus 20% for no-shows equals 3600 mechanics ready for work.
3600 minus 15% for those that quit during the strike equals 3060
So to meet that demand they are 1600 mechs short.
These guys arnt coming up there to live we have homes else where. so after the strike Im going home regardless if you come back to work or not. I do not understand why you cant understand that NW doesnt want the union there anymore. They want you guys to strike so they can break your union. They are going to replace every one of you guys with non-union workers or out source their maintnance.

The fact is if you are just a scab the comapny is not going to reveal specifics about their intent. They would only tell you what you need to know, what you are doing, how to do it and where you are going to do it.

Why would they tell scabs, that even you admit could be 20% no shows what their strategy is after keeping all this hush hush?

MCI transplant said:
<_< Are you suggesting "Labor" use the same tackics they used in the 1930's????? :shock: That could get vary Ugly!!!!!!!
[post="287396"][/post]​

Not at all, and in all honesty, I don't think labor could ever get away with the same levels of violence used during the 1930's.

Can you imagine what it would do to organized labor to have CNN and FOX showing a bunch of strikers taking baseball bats to replacement workers? That's exactly why Vance is videotaping everything.

The fact that for the past two days Champion has been operating flights (with ALPA pilots, BTW) on NWA's behalf should also be a wake up call to those who think this is just a bluff.... I've watched strikes for the past 17 years, and this is the most prepared I've ever seen an airline.

The fact is if you are just a scab the comapny is not going to reveal specifics about their intent. They would only tell you what you need to know, what you are doing, how to do it and where you are going to do it.

Why would they tell scabs, that even you admit could be 20% no shows what their strategy is after keeping all this hush hush?
[post="287447"][/post]​
[/quote]

Jack the company isnt telling me this stuff. This is just picked up here and there. Take your emplyee badge for example That is a easy way tell haw many people have been moved through a company. you listen to the rumours you decide which ones need to be researched and you confirm them. You talk to the little cleaning ladies find out how many people are in the hotel. You go into their little office down stairs and you pick up little tid bits before you go in. When you go in and there is no one there you read memos and computer screens being left on. Jack there is so much information out there its unreal. Plus having a little knowledge about your industry helps to. You go to the bar and listen ask questions find out how many are willing to cross the picket line. One guy says Im going home as soon as the strike starts Im just here for the training. So I ask what good is the training without the certificates? He gets this really strange drunken Im to confused look and says what do you mean. So I begin to explain to him the certs arnt given out until after the contract is complete. You could actually see the light bulb light up in his head. Did I say all these guys were top notch? Ill get back with you on those percentages.
Its obvious you have never done contract work before. These numbers are not exact but I promise you they are damn close.
Sometimes they dont even tell us what we need to know. I wake up go to class and wait around to see what is going to happen next. Do you know what percentage of your guys are going to cross the picket line? I should hope that you do because if you dont that means you are ill prepared for this strike.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Not at all, and in all honesty, I don't think labor could ever get away with the same levels of violence used during the 1930's. 

Can you imagine what it would do to organized labor to have CNN and FOX showing a bunch of strikers taking baseball bats to replacement workers?  That's exactly why Vance is videotaping everything.

The fact that for the past two days Champion has been operating flights (with ALPA pilots, BTW) on NWA's behalf should also be a wake up call to those who think this is just a bluff....  I've watched strikes for the past 17 years, and this is the most prepared I've ever seen an airline.
[post="287502"][/post]​
<_< How long do you think NW will last if their pilots walk also???????And no! I don't think it's a bluff!!!!!

Bob Owens said:
keeptheodds,Aug 10 2005, 06:32 PM]
My house cost 235,000 thats why my wife works.

Well since "that's why" you wife works, that means that you still make payments. As an RN your wife would do well in New York but whatever equity you have would at best be a down payment. The minimum you will spend here is $350, plus $6000/yr in property tax.
Here is why I think you are not what you say you are:

I understand the cost of living. There are a lot of contracts out there that I wont go on just because of the cost of living. The pay just isnt there to justify it. My wife makes way more money than I do. Thats because she chose a better paying profession than you and I did. It is not up to a company to keep up with the cost of living in an area. If you want to keep a certain quality of life in a certain area it is up to you to choose a profession that will support that way of life, not the company you work for. Instead of striking against your company why dont you form a union that strikes against the real estate industry. If no one buys any property in a certain area the property values will drop I promise you. Taxes? form a home owners union against your government lobby for lower property taxes and strike no one pay their property taxes for a year or two Your officials will pay attention I assure you. Maybe you can move.
Have you seen NW's stock? Your trying to get blood out of a turnip, its not going to happen quit wasting your time.

Former ModerAAtor said:

Can you imagine what it would do to organized labor to have CNN and FOX showing a bunch of strikers taking baseball bats to replacement workers? That's exactly why Vance is videotaping everything.
[post="287502"][/post]​

Yet historically the violence was more often used against the unions rather than by them. Usually by companies like Vance.

Even as recently as the Caterpillar strike of the 1990s, in which Vance videotaped strikers daily, as soon as someone was identified as an effective leader on the picket line they were mysteriously assaulted and hospitalized and/or their families were terrorized until they gave up. Another favorite Vance tactic was to plant drugs or other illegal substances and then make an 'anonymous tip' to eliminate those they decided were a threat.

Makes you proud to be an American, doesn't it?

keeptheodds said:
I understand the cost of living. There are a lot of contracts out there that I wont go on just because of the cost of living. The pay just isnt there to justify it. My wife makes way more money than I do. Thats because she chose a better paying profession than you and I did.
[post="287525"][/post]​

RNs are highly unionized, the unionized RNS set the rate. They are not as plauged with people like you as mechanics are.

Well from what you have said here you fit the definition of scab to a "t". You really dont need the money you just like to help companies screw people. With any luck while you are out screwing some worker your wife will hook up with a nice doctor.

RNs are highly unionized, the unionized RNS set the rate. They are not as plauged with people like you as mechanics are.

Wow you are really demented about this union thing. Those nurse unions sure do need to do something about LPN's because they really get used and abused for their meager earnings. Nurses union might be strong up there but not down here. My wife doesnt belong to a union and neither does any of her co-workers. She can PRN and go any where in the country without any union riducle. Let me introduce you to the most powerful economic phrase out there "Supply and Demand" next comes "Profit Margin" and "Economicaly Viable"

Is there adequate supply of passenger aircraft? NO
Is there a demand for passenger aircraft? YES
Is it possible to make a nice profit margin flying passenger aircraft? YES
Is it economicaly viable to maintain our own aircraft? NO

Is there a shortage of qualifed mechanics in the industry? NO

Don't blame me or NW for your personnel short-comings.

KTO, you appear to be coming up with this bologna "off the cuff". I don't think your an A&P, have a wife who's a nurse, or are in training to be a scab. You don't seem to know beans about this industry. Are you a professional union buster?

Birdman said:
KTO, you appear to be comming up with this bologna "off the cuff". I don't think your an A&P, have a wife who's a nurse, or are in training to be a scab. You don't seen to know beans about this industry. Are you a professional union buster?
[post="287638"][/post]​
Or a professional B.S. Artist?

Birdman said:
KTO, you appear to be coming up with this bologna "off the cuff". I don't think your an A&P, have a wife who's a nurse, or are in training to be a scab. You don't seem to know beans about this industry. Are you a professional union buster?
[post="287638"][/post]​

Birdman Im at the raddison hotel on congress street in tuscon arizona. Ive been here since june 6 of this year I just so happen to have in front of me a northwest airlines:

B747-400 Operating Maintenance
Software:Book 1 of 3 Includes
- 747-400 Introduction
- Digital Electronics Introduction
- ARINC 429 Digital Data Format Introduction
- Integrated Display Systems (IDS)

May/05

Does the above look familiar
E-mail me a phone number and Ill call you.

Im not here to bust up your union im simply passing information along that I think the people of this forum might be interested in you are going to do a fine job on your own breaking your union with out any help from me.

If you fine gentleman wish for me to quit making post here just say so. Let me say though the information given here is accurate as closely as I can get it.
Im not for you guys and im not against you Im here for a check. I totaly remain neutral on this endeavor.

Keeptheodds says, "Im not for you guys and im not against you Im here for a check. I totaly remain neutral on this endeavor."

Nuetral or not your a SCAB! :down: I hope some of those NWA boys do a bit of A$$ whipping myslef, SCABS deserve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.