Scabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been eating at local diner quiet frequently lately and have had a few sociable conversations with the manager. Tonight I worked a little late and went straight to the diner instead of going home and changing. I figured I could just take off my hat and keep my jacket on and no one would be the wiser. The manager sat at my table and we were having a nice extended sociable conversation when she all of a sudden reached over the table and opened my jacket up a bit more. With a very sincere and apologetic tone let me know how sorry she was because I worked for Northwest. :lol: It turns out that she was a Ramper there and had quit towards the end of last year. She had a dozen stories to tell before she got around to asking me how long I had worked for them. I casually told her since Sept. 19th. With a perplexed look she asks "You just started with them?" I say "yeesss". You could see the light bulb light up. :lol: She whispers "YOU'RE a SCAB" :up: I say "yeesss I am." We had a good time and a bunch of laughs with all the events at NWA. I really do enjoy hearing stories from people that were viewing this whole ordeal from a different angle than myself. BTW her faith in unions was shot to hell when she had to do the pushbacks.

did mgmt say anything to you about wearing your uniform ina public restaurant? Frankly I'd be embarrassed just to hang around scabs let alone mgmt and in an uniform that is part of the airline that is destroying livelehoods.

Are we back on the KTO kick? AMFAMAN, I thought I was on your ignore list. You are right though, I should have said August 19th. I can't believe it has already been that long. Almost six months gone. Working contract does put you in a bit of a gray area. Did I start working for Northwest in June when the training started? August when the strike started? Or when I actually went direct?

Are we back on the KTO kick? AMFAMAN, I thought I was on your ignore list. You are right though, I should have said August 19th. I can't believe it has already been that long. Almost six months gone. Working contract does put you in a bit of a gray area. Did I start working for Northwest in June when the training started? August when the strike started? Or when I actually went direct?
You were a SCAB then and you are a SCAB now and you will always be a SCAB. Nothing will ever change that FACT.

NWA400
Good post. In this situation, however, the mechanics are being asked to vote themselves out of a job because NW wants to outsource a much larger portion of maintenance work. It would be quite difficult for me to vote away my job so that I can go to work fixing VW's while someone in Malaysia does the D checks on 747-400s that I used to do.

good luck to all at NWA

bigsky
[/quote

You are right, Big Sky. People have to decide for themselves if they like what they are doing, or willing to risk that to do something else. It's an individual decision. I left Boeing because they were'nt paying me enough to live in the Seattle area, or for my skills, experience or expertise. I work for myself for much less but I'm not living where it rains 10 months out of the year and the roads are one big traffic jam from 5am-8pm. As for going to work on cars, you'd better have your ASE cert's. You just can't walk into any dealership and say that you've been working on heavy jets and expect they'll hire you. Those days are long gone.

Hello Peaches, Welcome to the NWA Forum. Where the die-hard unionists cry about what they didn't get and wail about scabs invading their "craft". I didn't even know it was a "craft" till I came to this site, I just thought being an A&P Mechanic was a cool job. These clowns are embarrassed about being Mechanics so they changed the title to AMT so they could feel more important in the world, like a name change is going to change what they are. Kind of silly don’t you think? Kind of like when you call a Flight Attendant a Stewardess and they get all stupid on you. :lol: Anyway welcome aboard.

I am bored with my current signature. Do you have any suggestions for a new one?

Oh yea just incase you didn’t know I am a Proud NWA SCAB.

i have an idea for your signature: I'm a SCAB atNWA and Im too dam embarrassed to tell my family about it!"

You and your scabs are the clowns who stole the Mechanics Jobs. NWA wanted to replace the hard working union people with dum scabs who cant fix planes. You are dam right that the people are die hard union because the union is what you need to fight for you against the greedy sobs mgmt. I dont believe that the union people are embarrassed about the fact that they were AMFA mechanics. I sure as hell be embarassed about being a scab if I was you. I am glad that I dont nor ever will become a SCAB.

Hello Peaches, Welcome to the NWA Forum. Where the die-hard unionists cry about what they didn't get and wail about scabs invading their "craft". I didn't even know it was a "craft" till I came to this site, I just thought being an A&P Mechanic was a cool job. These clowns are embarrassed about being Mechanics so they changed the title to AMT so they could feel more important in the world, like a name change is going to change what they are. Kind of silly don’t you think? Kind of like when you call a Flight Attendant a Stewardess and they get all stupid on you. :lol: Anyway welcome aboard.

I am bored with my current signature. Do you have any suggestions for a new one?

Oh yea just incase you didn’t know I am a Proud NWA SCAB.
Thanks for the welcome, "Play The Odds". Actually a bit of trivia on the term AMT: The FAA was considering changing the A&P License to the AMT License because the A&P is obsolete. As far as I know, it's still in the proposal stage. Under this new rule, they were thinking of adding type-ratings to the A&P/AMT as to transport catagory, GA, etc. They were also thinking of adding an AMT Instructor rating to it as well.

I have to apologize for PTO and his ignorance!! He fails to realize it was the FAA which wanted to change the FAR's to reflect the term AMT. He assumed a bunch of union mechanics came up with it! He has only been in the business about 9 years and this is his first "real" aviation job where he deals with FAR's and may even get to sign a logbook or two....

Never the less welcome to the boards!!!!

I have to apologize for PTO and his ignorance!! He fails to realize it was the FAA which wanted to change the FAR's to reflect the term AMT. He assumed a bunch of union mechanics came up with it! He has only been in the business about 9 years and this is his first "real" aviation job where he deals with FAR's and may even get to sign a logbook or two....

Never the less welcome to the boards!!!!

NPRM for Part 66 came out in Mid-98' also had added certification for R&Es, ARS I believe it was called. Always liked AET better, who knows maybe with enough interest it'll be re-written/submitted.

NPRM for Part 66 came out in Mid-98' also had added certification for R&Es, ARS I believe it was called. Always liked AET better, who knows maybe with enough interest it'll be re-written/submitted.
If memory serves, werent they supposed to grandfather existing A and P's as full rated? I remotely remember some rumblings about this a few years ago. Does anyone know the current status?

If memory serves, werent they supposed to grandfather existing A and P's as full rated? I remotely remember some rumblings about this a few years ago. Does anyone know the current status?

Yes, depending on experience(type) you'd be a AMT(GA) or an AMT-T(Transport/Airline)

Last I heard of its status, it was shot down during the NPRM phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.