SEAT ASSIGNMENT ARBITRARY CHANGES

guyana

Apr 27, 2011
On Flight 925 tonight to Washington DC. Happened to check reservation and saw that they changed aircraft body and totally changed our family's 4 reservations to horrible seats. I checked and saw 2 aisle seats for my wife and I and 2 seats for my 2 sons and of course although the website said "changed successfully" no change was taken. Calling customer service is worthless as they said go to the airport or check website check in. Website check in is worthless and they said go to the airport. No one will give me an airport Heathrow telephone number. Their screw up and we have to pay the price. United is so disasppointing. IO cant believe I gave my trips to them rather than another airline like AA that always treats me well although I fly less than them. Shame on you United...shame on poor service.

Richard Ramlall

I think you will find all airlines have equipment changes from time to time for various reasons, which leads to seat assignments being changed.

The alternative to equipment substitutions is often cancelling the flight completely.

Back