seat selector question

ftanker11

Jul 11, 2017
Hello, we recently booked two tickets on AA from MCI to Washington DC. When you login on aa.com and try to select your seats there are no seats available without the up charge. It looks like it's a very small plane and the only seats to pick on their are $52.00 and look like first class in the first few rows. We already paid for standard airfare and seats during booking since it showed it was available. My question is what will happen if we don't select any seats and just wait until we check-in? Will we be charged more for better seats? Will we most likely get assigned those extra nicer seats for no charge? Or something much much worse and they are out of room?

A certain % of seats are saved for "Airport" check in, to give the agents the ability to keep families together and accommodate other special needs. Sounds like your flight is at that point, and of course the smaller the plane the more an issue it becomes. On day of departure when you check in you will get a seat assignment. If nothing is left but those extra price seats that is what you will get at no charge. The last few flights I have bought tickets on the only thing left was middle seats so I didn't pick one hoping to play the checkin lottery and got an aisle both times. That all being said get to the airport earlier not later. If by some chance the flight is full or even overbooked it will leave you with less options.

Latest posts