Seats

I can appreciate and respect your curiosity, just not sure what significance this information has on the bigger picture?

Reactions: 2 people
With the passage of time after your response it seems jcw has to have time to reflect on its significance to the big picture.  I wish him/her luck.

Reactions: 1 person
Roadking5560 said:
With the passage of time after your response it seems jcw has to have time to reflect on its significance to the big picture.  I wish him/her luck.
No was in the air from LHR

Maybe someone can high light what topics are permitted to be discussed on this forum - I guess issues with a seat manufacturer is not permitted according to some

Reactions: 3 people
It permitted, I have no say as to which topics are allowed.

Its just for me I don't see any relevance in what the company does in regards to seats, (unless they are planning on in sourcing the installation of said seats, which I doubt will happen)  or any other warm and fuzzy subject. 

Now, I suppose that those that enjoy the non revving experience like conehead, I guess I could see the relevance, so if you jcw are into it, then by all means, you and conehead  discuss the seating situation.

All of these things take ones train of thought off the objective which IMO is an  industry leading agreement.

That's why you discuss contract topics on the contract thread and seats on the seats thread.

If the forum is just suppose to be about contract issues then there should be no discussion of LAX Expansion, Fuel Hedging, etc.

Therefore the attack on asking about the seats was very WT like

No attack here,, I was being gentle believe me.  Pardon the intrusion, with out further ado... please....discuss seats....

DallasConehead said:
I can appreciate and respect your curiosity, just not sure what significance this information has on the bigger picture?

Really?

Converting the 772's to a less premium heavy configuration allows AA to profitably deploy a large aircraft on routes outside of LHR, GRU, HKG, FRA, and SYD that don't have a demand for expensive F seating. 

Ironically, the 772's will go back to three cabins when the premium economy seats are installed.

Reactions: 3 people
GlobalByrd said:
Really?

Converting the 772's to a less premium heavy configuration allows AA to profitably deploy a large aircraft on routes outside of LHR, GRU, HKG, FRA, and SYD that don't have a demand for expensive F seating. 

Ironically, the 772's will go back to three cabins when the premium economy seats are installed.
"Less premium" is right. As many predicted would happen as soon as USukAir/America Worst management came in, the start of Wal Mart Air would begin. First class no longer exists, its coach with a wider seat, "premium" AA food is gone apparently. Recently on a HNL-LAX, all that was served in "first class" was a fruit and dry cerial on the 321 Scarebus. The passengers were not happy to say the least. What a joke, but it wasn't funny. Especially when the passengers are paying for first class that's far from it. It's no wonder USukAir/America Worst was always ranked at the bottom in just about every catagory. The largest Wal Mart AAir flying. This merger was a big mistake.

About the only thing working well is the monthy cash dump in managements pockets. Hopefully DUI Doug has a car service now, he sure can afford it.

Reactions: 6 people
Hackman said:
"Less premium" is right. As many predicted would happen as soon as USukAir management came in, the start of Wal Mart Air would begin. First class no longer exists, its coach with a wider seat, "premium" AA food is gone apparently. Recently on a HNL-LAX, all that was served in "first class" was a fruit and dry cerial on the 321 Scarebus. The passengers were not happy to say the least. What a joke, but it wasn't funny. Especially when the passengers are paying for first class that's far from it. It's no wonder USukAir/America Worst was always ranked at the bottom in just about every catagory. The largest Wal Mart AAir flying. This merger was a big mistake.

Your argument seems to be based on the idea that only AA is removing F. However its happening at many airlines around the world, even airlines more 'premium' than AA. The hard reality is that after the 2008 financial crisis, many routes simply cannot support an F cabin.  With regards to Doug the Deceiver, I have disliked him since he became CEO at America West( which I loved) and tried to warn many that he would bring that same cheap style to AA. 

GlobalByrd said:
Your argument seems to be based on the idea that only AA is removing F. However its happening at many airlines around the world, even airlines more 'premium' than AA. The hard reality is that after the 2008 financial crisis, many routes simply cannot support an F cabin.  With regards to Doug the Deceiver, I have disliked him since he became CEO at America West( which I loved) and tried to warn many that he would bring that same cheap style to AA.
My argument is that AA is/was suppose to be a premium airline, currently the largest in the world making billions a quarter. I'm hearing from all over, passenger and employees alike saying what you said, the cheapening of AA at an alarming rate. It's been said, that DUI Doug knows the cost of everything, and the value of nothing. I'm not a customer service expert, but if I paid for a first class HNL-LAX ticket and was served a banana and cold cereal on a Flexi-flier 321 I would not be happy. I would surmise a pineapple flight would command a premium. I guess not at Wal Mart Air.

Hackman said:
My argument is that AA is/was suppose to be a premium airline, currently the largest in the world making billions a quarter. I'm hearing from all over, passenger and employees alike saying what you said, the cheapening of AA at an alarming rate. It's been said, that DUI Doug knows the cost of everything, and the value of nothing. I'm not a customer service expert, but if I paid for a first class HNL-LAX ticket and was served a banana and cold cereal on a Flexi-flier 321 I would not be happy. I would surmise a pineapple flight would command a premium. I guess not at Wal Mart Air.
thats the problem. Domestic F in the US has become upgrade class. Hopefully with the changes to the mileage programs it will get better.
But its foolish to have a super premium product outside of JFK-LAX/SFO in the industry right now. Most people don't really pay for it. 

and FWIW on the international F issue, for the most part its a dying product. Most airlines are dumping it and the ones that keep it around are doing exactly like AA, keep it on a subfleet of aircraft for the most premium routes, dump it on the rest. In the US Delta dumped it a long time ago and United has said it will be dumping the product too.