Separate non-rev booking site

Don't know if this is true or partially true, but I heard years ago that an LGA pilot who commuted from another state lost his travel privileges for a year. Seems the buddy pass rider got drunk (probably was most of the way there before boarding) and behaved so badly on a flight from JFK to LHR that they landed at Gander and put him off the plane.

Worst part was the only reason the pilot gave him the pass was his mother kept nagging him to do it. The pass rider was the son of a friend of hers, and supposedly needed the pass to go to a job interview in London.

A word to the wise...

The LGA diversion story sounds a bit harsh as far as consequences, but then again the cost of a diversion isn't cheap, and commuting is a risk the employee assumes....

When I was working with pass abuse, the only time I remember employees losing privileges for themselves is if they were unequivocally involved i.e. there was proof they had sold passes, got caught booking refundable tickets and then refunding so they could travel on a pass, or was the one who misbehaved or present on an airplane when it happened.

For something involving a non-employee pass traveler (i.e. child, spouse, D3), the people involved were suspended and/or they lost their D3 privileges.