September 12, 2015 Raise or Average

Buck

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
www.fairtax.org
On September 12, 2015 the Title I group is going have contractual increase of .93 cents or the Average Method applied. If I understand Title I will get one or the other.

However, when is the Gain Sharing Plan going to pay out?

Does anyone know the current Mechanic compensation for DL and UA?

Title I is supposed to get averaged inclusive of the raise at 36 months. Unless the company tells the TWU they will not recognize that part of Article 4 as they did with Gain Sharing.

IMO we will never see the average implemented.

Reactions: 1 person
2ndGENAMT said:
Title I is supposed to get averaged inclusive of the raise at 36 months. Unless the company tells the TWU they will not recognize that part of Article 4 as they did with Gain Sharing.

IMO we will never see the average implemented.
LOL

The main difference between the Wage Adjustment and Gain Sharing is there is a formula already in the CBA. Not so with Gain Sharing and that appears to have been a mistake especially since all the management and TWU people who agreed to it are gone. US management apparently isn't honoring any commitments or intent that were made during BK negotiations with the old AA management team. And I assume the ones in AA management that are still here want to keep their jobs so they are following new management's lead. Parker could gain some mileage if he told the new AA ER/HR (old US HR) that just settle with the TWU and cut them a check. I was told by the TWU BK CBA cheerleaders that the amount was supposed to be about $5K per member once the plan was implemented. About three years that comes out to $15K for each of us. Come on Parker, settle and help those who helped you get your US and HP stock options triple value.

Overspeed said:
The main difference between the Wage Adjustment and Gain Sharing is there is a formula already in the CBA. Not so with Gain Sharing and that appears to have been a mistake especially since all the management and TWU people who agreed to it are gone. US management apparently isn't honoring any commitments or intent that were made during BK negotiations with the old AA management team. And I assume the ones in AA management that are still here want to keep their jobs so they are following new management's lead. Parker could gain some mileage if he told the new AA ER/HR (old US HR) that just settle with the TWU and cut them a check. I was told by the TWU BK CBA cheerleaders that the amount was supposed to be about $5K per member once the plan was implemented. About three years that comes out to $15K for each of us. Come on Parker, settle and help those who helped you get your US and HP stock options triple value.
Exactly that has been the whole problem with the trust in the TWU. Those monies are to go the employee, not the union. Just as with the shares of stock. Beyond that, if there are no rules or structure to tyhis plan how can one determine a payout? Hey if we just give them $15k a piece, that will shut up the majority. 

so you know for a fact that we are not getting the Gain Sharing also?

Negative Nancy?

Buck,
The Gain Sharing grievance was filed 5/2013. Since it hasn't been arbitrated, settled, and no date set yet it's still not over. The check could potentially be in the mail. The ATD keeps postponing the case as well as the Retiree Medical grievance but I am of the opinion that the TWU is waiting for the APFA to finish and see how they do. Odd that they would be ready and get their case on before the TWU even though they filed first. The APFA even piggybacked on our language. Seems like the F/As have more cajones than the mechanics.

The f/a's do have more cajones than the atd. Not a lot of mechanics in the atd though. Cant even scrounge one up to be the chair for mechs negotiation committee.

Reactions: 3 people
Does anyone have a clue as to what the average is ?
My bet is we will be force fed a contract prior to the average in date.

AA-MRO.COM said:
Does anyone have a clue as to what the average is ?
My bet is we will be force fed a contract prior to the average in date.
Even with DL near $41.00, keep in mind that UA is not much higher than AA/US. This will keep the average down for us. If UA had settled their contract, we would see a nice adjustment. But do the math..Add AA/US, UA and DL then divide the number of comparison airlines...Then take away the 3% or $.93 an hour...For me the bigger question is whether or not they will include US in the average. Since we are not merged union-wise....they will drag the average down even further because they are just about at AA pay. 
This "wage" adjustment will be disappointing at best.

I also heard that it's the company's intention that US is included in the averaging. Of course they would take that position since it brings down the overall average.