Shame on iam prez and the iam pension bosses

jd630000 said:
i think it needs to be said that many of us..very close to retirement..are counting on the IAMPF....

Oh my.  Another USAirways yes voter comes out from under his rock to defend his decision.

My friend, if you are "counting" on the IAMNPF for your retirement, you are in serious financial difficulties.  Stay employed.

For the AA people who are interested in what I as a USAirways AMT would be "counting" on for their retirement, if I were to leave now, I could expect $625 per month, BEFORE TAXES.  A Fleet Service person can expect less.  Especially after their benefits were cut.

Now, for all the IAM Pension fund supporters, before you cast your next yes vote, maybe you might want to read here about what the PBGC just said about the financial forecast of multi employer pension plans:

http://www.pbgc.gov/about/who-we-are/retirement-matters/post/2016/07/22/The-Financial-Forecast-of-the-Single-Employer-and-Multiemployer-Insurance-Programs.aspx?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery#CID=COLA01AKJULY2220161

And if the plan still fits your diverse retirement plan, I guess you could "count" on it until 2025.

Reactions: 4 people
Real tired said:
Oh my.  Another USAirways yes voter comes out from under his rock to defend his decision.

My friend, if you are "counting" on the IAMNPF for your retirement, you are in serious financial difficulties.  Stay employed.

For the AA people who are interested in what I as a USAirways AMT would be "counting" on for their retirement, if I were to leave now, I could expect $625 per month, BEFORE TAXES.  A Fleet Service person can expect less.  Especially after their benefits were cut.

Now, for all the IAM Pension fund supporters, before you cast your next yes vote, maybe you might want to read here about what the PBGC just said about the financial forecast of multi employer pension plans:

http://www.pbgc.gov/about/who-we-are/retirement-matters/post/2016/07/22/The-Financial-Forecast-of-the-Single-Employer-and-Multiemployer-Insurance-Programs.aspx?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery#CID=COLA01AKJULY2220161

And if the plan still fits your diverse retirement plan, I guess you could "count" on it until 2025.
thanks for the real story. You and Tim seem to be the honest ones on the iampf. I want no part of the iampf. I want a bigger 401k match and manage my own money,

Reactions: 1 person
Rogallo said:
We were horse collared into this labor organization without a vote in 2013. Since then, it has been a complete disaster. Imo, collectively, some peeps will start having to put pressure on these morons or just close the asso out and count the wasted years. I dont have the answers but sitting back and watching the disaster or reading 2 years filled with updates about progress makes me feel like they are misusing the word progress.

The TWU's fear of losing a runoff election is what got us in the Ass in the first place.It was a brilliant scheme designed to let both corporations (IAM,TWU) maintain their collective status quo.Dues income,political involvement,nothing had to change.Unless you were in a TWU station that went IAM.

The duplication of services is mind boggling.No need for elimination of duplicated services, they can all maintain their places at the teat of the international.Dues still flow in and that is all they care about in the corporate office.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have my union actively work on my behalf instead of actively working on their  behalf.The TWU seems to think we are an exploitable resource for their benefit.

Reactions: 8 people
JFK Fleet Service said:
The TWU's fear of losing a runoff election is what got us in the Ass in the first place.It was a brilliant scheme designed to let both corporations (IAM,TWU) maintain their collective status quo.Dues income,political involvement,nothing had to change.Unless you were in a TWU station that went IAM.

The duplication of services is mind boggling.No need for elimination of duplicated services, they can all maintain their places at the teat of the international.Dues still flow in and that is all they care about in the corporate office.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have my union actively work on my behalf instead of actively working on their  behalf.The TWU seems to think we are an exploitable resource for their benefit.
Don't worry, Lombardo will come out with both a moving, heart felt letter followed by a demanding militant letter to show the troops he and the TWU is in charge, and damn it, he is not gonna take it any more...then we will be on our way to an industry leading contract....again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pivx0PRFOYs

Real tired...you live under a rock?  not everyone does.

..my pension..should i leave now would be 938.00...

JFK Fleet Service said:

It was a scheme, and the head of the AFLCIO was behind it. IMO the IAMPF was the reason as it's a real black eye for the unions that the pension fund is in such bad shape. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm forced into the IAMPF then this is a major concession. I see very bad things happening to this fund down the road. All multi employer funds are in a very bad way. The way this Association has been handled is sickening.The TWU has its members feeling totally sold out, and you can just feel it coming. You're right it is a big scheme.

jd630000 said:

After how many years of service?

31 years but that doesn't matter...the pension didn't start up until 2003 i believe..we had a 401k match before that..and it wasn't my choice to change.....
what happens in the future of the pension..i have no idea...but nothing is for certain ..

jd630000 said:

$938? Absolutely pathetic. One more time, for any negotiations committee reading this. NO IAMNPF!!! We want an industry leading 401K contribution or matching %. Anything with the iamnpf is a resounding NO!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts