She's Back! Welcome to Speaker Nancy Pelosi

I am very glad that Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats are back in charge of the House. Someone needs to hold trump accountable for his false statements and bad behavior.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/n...-house-speaker-today-2019-01-03-live-updates/

I can't stand Trump. I think the Republican party will be the death of the middle class. But I think this is the biggest mistake that the Democrats could make. Pelosi has always been the second most hated democrat to the right (Hilary is the first). So now it's down to 'us against them'. God how I wish they would have voted in someone the right knew nothing about. So the country will stagnate...go nowhere...and Republicans will cry "Pelosi". Why did we give them that opportunity?

KCflyer, I disagree with every word in your post, including a and the. Nancy Pelosi is hated by the Republicans because she is a very talented and adept female politician. I bet if she were male, the Republicans would be admiring her abilities. They wouldn't like her any more than they do now, but they wouldn't be blaming her for everything that is wrong.

Meanwhile the Republicans in the Senate are torpedoing Trump by forcing him to stand firm and not pay Homeland Security in the interest of keeping America safe. They are sick of him, too.

Meanwhile the Republicans in the Senate are torpedoing Trump by forcing him to stand firm and not pay Homeland Security in the interest of keeping America safe. They are sick of him, too.

Happy new year 'Dog.
The MORON will N E V E R get the $$$ HE wants for his Wall. THAT my dear friend, you can 'take to the bank' !

PS. Anyone looking for a tax Refund, won't get 'squat', as long as that NIT - WIT keeps the Govt. shut down.

KCflyer, I disagree with every word in your post, including a and the. Nancy Pelosi is hated by the Republicans because she is a very talented and adept female politician. I bet if she were male, the Republicans would be admiring her abilities. They wouldn't like her any more than they do now, but they wouldn't be blaming her for everything that is wrong.

Couldn't agree with you more Jim.

I see RE-Plug Senator Cory Gardner/ Colorado has already publicly abandoned the Moron. Can Collins and Murkowski be far behind ?

McConnell has already lost 3 Republican Senators (sorta, kinda. Senators like Collins are in "purple" states where Republicans are not fond of the Donald. She cannot afford to align herself too closely with the Donald if she runs in 2020 for another term). If McConnell loses control of just 3 more Senators, he loses control of the Senate. There are over 20 Republican Senators up for re-election in 2020 who are considered to be "vulnerable." There are only 3 or 4 Democrat Senators in that category. The Donald made the 2018 House elections about himself--encouraging voters to vote for a particular Republican--but, not because he thought they were the best candidate. He wanted you to vote for that candidate because they supported him. Result: Democrats back in control of House. Maybe we'll get lucky and the Donald will make the 2020 Senatorial seats about him also.

I wonder if there will be another defection of Republicans from the Senate, as with Corker and Flake who just don't want to have run with Donald on their back.

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be another defection of Republicans from the Senate, as with Corker and Flake who just don't want to have run with Donald on their back.

Here's a thought. I wish Beto O'Rourke would run for Senator from Texas again. There are over 500,000 more registered Republican voters than registered Democratic voters in Texas. Beto lost by only 214,921 votes. Note: One does not have to "register" as a particular party voter. In Texas, if you vote in a party primary--whether Republican or Democrat--you cannot vote in a primary run-off election of the other party. This, in no way, prevents you from voting for a candidate of the other party in the general election or future primaries.

I think the Republicans are beginning to run scared. In the last Legislature, they eliminated "straight ticket" voting which a lot of Democratic voters used. The 2018 election was the last to include the ballot feature that allowed you to vote for all the Democratic or all the Republican candidates without having to go through the entire ballot. I hate that. The ballots in Texas tend to be longer than the Mississippi River.:)

Beto only lost by a quarter of a million votes? Talk about a close race......

Reality check: https://freebeacon.com/columns/the-...ail&utm_term=0_b5e6e0e9ea-94b5cec881-46519425

Perhaps the government shutdown will be felt by the rural voters in Texas.. Might make them change their minds. Too bad the wall isn't there it it was, Trump, Cruz (the Cubanadian) and others might lose in the rural areas. A lot of the farmers and ranchers in Texas relied on cheap "wetback" labor. If that wall was there - they'd make less money.

I'm talking about flyover red state voter....the one whose primary news source is Fox and Rush Limbaugh. The ones he just hear "Pelosi" and don't bother looking into what the talking head was tossing out "Pelosi" for. it doesn't matter if Democrats propose legislation that is stonewalled in the house....all they will here is "Pelosi", spat out by a right wing talking head, and they will blame Democrats.

Two things are Certain.

1. The MORON won't give in on the shutdown.
2. The 'Good Guys' wont give BOZO the Billions he wants for his wall.

So now one question is, how long before the TSA people start SLOWING DOWN, due to NO Pay ?
Maybe mega hours to get thru security. Injuries on duty. Sick-out, calls ?? Hahahahahahahahaha !

Perhaps the government shutdown will be felt by the rural voters in Texas.. Might make them change their minds. Too bad the wall isn't there it it was, Trump, Cruz (the Cubanadian) and others might lose in the rural areas. A lot of the farmers and ranchers in Texas relied on cheap "wetback" labor. If that wall was there - they'd make less money.
49467906_360970681380520_2406673315016998912_n.jpg