Should Southwest have more then 737s?

MAX 10 will be available next year some time. Hopefully MAX 8 problems will be solved before then. MAX 10 is supposed to be 66 inches longer than MAX 8 & 9, but with same wing. Will this solve gate space issues? Or, does length require gate parking changes? Five and a half feet could also create hangar issues, maybe?

MAX 10 will be available next year some time. Hopefully MAX 8 problems will be solved before then. MAX 10 is supposed to be 66 inches longer than MAX 8 & 9, but with same wing. Will this solve gate space issues? Or, does length require gate parking changes? Five and a half feet could also create hangar issues, maybe?
As far as hangar space for us, no prob. in Dallas. Have plenty of room fwd and aft to fit a Max 10.
We are building new hangars in several cities and it will be interesting to know the different size of a/c that could fit when completed, especially in Houston. Those hangars should be built with future a/c in mind so maybe the Hou hangars will be the tell tale the most for us on where the co. might be thinking in future sized a/c. 5 or 6 new hangar bays in Hou.

It will have different main gear that pivots down like the 757 to prevent tail strikes.

As far as hangar space for us, no prob. in Dallas. Have plenty of room fwd and aft to fit a Max 10.
We are building new hangars in several cities and it will be interesting to know the different size of a/c that could fit when completed, especially in Houston. Those hangars should be built with future a/c in mind so maybe the Hou hangars will be the tell tale the most for us on where the co. might be thinking in future sized a/c. 5 or 6 new hangar bays in Hou.

I was just talking to someone in the know about our hangars being built. All new hangars being built currently in the cities listed above will be able to fit 777's. So large enough to fit any new a/c that southwest might entertain to go to.

I was just talking to someone in the know about our hangars being built. All new hangars being built currently in the cities listed above will be able to fit 777's. So large enough to fit any new a/c that southwest might entertain to go to.
I know I'm missing something here, but why are the new hangars being built at IAH when HOU is the real center of Houston operations for Southwest? Just no space for them at HOU?

I know I'm missing something here, but why are the new hangars being built at IAH when HOU is the real center of Houston operations for Southwest? Just no space for them at HOU?
The Southwest hangars are being built at HOU, not sure where you got IAH from?

One step closer? But, how many more steps will have to be completed in order to get the Max 8 back into service??
I bet they stay out for the summer minimum.
Also read another article where the 787 might in question on some issues as well. Boeing better pull their head out before it's too late...

The Boeing 737 MAX Is 1 Step Closer to Flying Again -- but Don't Expect to See It Soon

Here's that article I referenced about the 787:

Safety Concerns Reportedly Raised About Another Boeing Jet, The 787 Dreamliner - News

Will SWA pull the trigger anytime soon? I doubt it for anytime soon. Maybe some time after 2030. SWA has also used "shopping around" for aircraft as a way to get better pricing from Boeing. Plus, it's always good to learn about the new models coming from other manufacturers to be sure Boeing is keeping up with the new technology and more efficient engines. Just like "bags fly free" Never say never...

Is Southwest Airlines Looking Beyond the Boeing 737 MAX?

One step closer? But, how many more steps will have to be completed in order to get the Max 8 back into service??
I bet they stay out for the summer minimum.
Also read another article where the 787 might in question on some issues as well. Boeing better pull their head out before it's too late...

The Boeing 737 MAX Is 1 Step Closer to Flying Again -- but Don't Expect to See It Soon
We had a meeting at work about the Max, they expect the FAA to lift the restrictions in July, G.E. has already changed 5 engines and borescoped the rest in Victorville, and changed the fuel nozzles. When these come back to the fleet they have maintaince cards that needs done. So they will be ferried to the bases with hangars and run them nose to tail, before they fly revenue. So lots of overtime coming later.

Reactions: swamt